feature requests

Read the first three issues of my comic book, SEASONS (Kickstarter launching next month!) (Comic Book Forums)

• Read the first three issues of my comic book, SEASONS (Kickstarter launching next month!)

Author Discussion
  • Posted: May 20, 2017 11:13:03 am
  • Hello,

My name is Nandor Fox Shaffer, and I'm the creator and writer of SEASONS, a new independent graphic novel series I've been posting at http://seasonsthecomicbook.com and bringing to Kickstarter next month in June. I'm posting two pages every Monday and Friday weekly, and the fourth and final issue of the Spring arc just started. Please check it out and let me know what you think! This is the perfect time to jump on since I'll be launching the Kickstarter for the first volume next month. Thank you!

"SEASONS is an original, creator-owned comic book drama for readers who want be a part of a deep and serious one year journey that will challenge how they look at themselves, others and the world around them. The story of SEASONS revolves around one character, Fletcher Hart Iiams, a misunderstood, average young man who isn’t happy with his life anymore and has run away from almost everything and everyone. The entirety of this series will span over one year of Fletcher’s life as SEASONS is planned to be four separate but interconnected stories that follow the seasons of the year. The title has a two-fold meaning: the seasons of the year and the “seasons” people go through throughout their lives. There will be four graphic novel stories — Spring, Summer, Fall, and Winter — and each storyline deals with a combination of different obstacles, enemies, themes and problematic situations the main character will have to face all set in real time. Fletcher is given a new set of powers with every seasonal transition as well; as the world changes, so does he and his abilities. It is an allegorical character study piece ultimately about finding a reason to live in this world that will drag you down with it if you let it.

This is SEASONS, a comic book drama presented by Nandor Fox Shaffer and Anthony Gonzales-Clark."
  • Posted: May 21, 2017 7:48:34 pm
  • Pretty well done. I was getting a little lost after the first issue but it circled around and the main character was in the same boat I was. Clearly, the character is dealing with the Oxytocin hormone in the first issue whether you or he knows it.

The art was pretty good with a nice amount of detail and a good use of computer enhancement.

Good Luck. I'm not currently buying new comics, but this was a very solid effort and I hope the kickstarter goes well.
  • Posted: May 21, 2017 11:27:10 pm
  • Haha, thanks Big Boss. Appreciate the comment, and I'm glad you checked SEASONS out! Hope you come back to the site to finish it. Smile

The Kickstarter launches in June, so if you do decide to buy a new comic then (who can't get enough of comics, right?), it'd mean so much to me if SEASONS was on your list. We're gonna have some amazing, affordable rewards as a plus. Thanks again!

~ N. Fox
  • Posted: May 22, 2017 1:04:13 am
  • I have to say that the art is pretty impressive, and I don't normally like B&W comics. Nicely done!
    Favorite Characters: Lone Ranger, Green Hornet, Captain America, The Shadow, Zorro, The Rocketeer, Jonah Hex
  • Posted: May 22, 2017 10:46:50 am
  • Couldn't disagree with you there, atom. Anthony is THE man, and I have such a great time working with him. Hope to see you there when the Kickstarter launches!
5 posts • Page 1 of 1
World Community Grid Logo
ComicBookRealm.com: 72 years, 186 days, 23 hours of Run Time
Help projects like: Smash Childhood Cancer, OpenZika, Help Stop TB, FightAIDS@Home - Phase 2, Outsmart Ebola Together, Mapping Cancer Markers, FightAIDS@Home
Join World Community Grid today!
When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
  • Newest
  • Marvel Comics's Captain Marvel Issue # 6c
  • DC Comics's Lazarus Planet: Omega Issue # 1k
  • Amphibia Comics's Newt Issue # 8
  • Skybound's Void Rivals Issue # 2 - 6th print