feature requests

Marvel Legacy Indicates the Publisher Is Listening To Its Fans (Comic Book Forums)

• Marvel Legacy Indicates the Publisher Is Listening To Its Fans

Author Discussion
  • Posted: May 10, 2017 10:29:27 am
  • Tell me if you’ve heard this one before: Marvel has announced a new initiative for the end of the year that will change the landscape of the Marvel Universe for years to come. Over the last several years, Marvel has found a winning formula by relaunching multiple titles with a shiny “#1” and cover branding along the lines of “Marvel NOW!” and “All-New, All-Different Marvel” after a blockbuster event to attract readers and boost sales numbers. But after going to the relaunch well one too many times, some fans have begun to grow weary of the constant promise of Earth-shattering changes and new volumes of existing franchises.

There may be a glimmer of hope on the horizon with Marvel’s newly-announced initiative: Marvel Legacy. While it will come on the heels of the summer event series Secret Empire, the foundation will begin in the 10-issue maxi-series Generations, where classic versions of heroes will team up with their current counterparts. Even though Legacy is months away, the initial details point to Marvel recognizing many fan complaints and looking to appeal to lapsed and current readers.

Read more - http://www.cbr.com/marvel-legacy-listening-to-fans/
    "Disliking everything is not the same thing as having an opinion"

• Posted: May 10, 2017 5:02:32 pm
  • Canuck said:
    Tell me if you’ve heard this one before: Marvel has announced a new initiative for the end of the year that will change the landscape of the Marvel Universe for years to come. Over the last several years, Marvel has found a winning formula by relaunching multiple titles with a shiny “#1” and cover branding along the lines of “Marvel NOW!” and “All-New, All-Different Marvel” after a blockbuster event to attract readers and boost sales numbers. But after going to the relaunch well one too many times, some fans have begun to grow weary of the constant promise of Earth-shattering changes and new volumes of existing franchises.

There may be a glimmer of hope on the horizon with Marvel’s newly-announced initiative: Marvel Legacy. While it will come on the heels of the summer event series Secret Empire, the foundation will begin in the 10-issue maxi-series Generations, where classic versions of heroes will team up with their current counterparts. Even though Legacy is months away, the initial details point to Marvel recognizing many fan complaints and looking to appeal to lapsed and current readers.

Read more - http://www.cbr.com/marvel-legacy-listening-to-fans/

Yeah. Still don't care. The bridge is burned.
  • Posted: May 10, 2017 9:10:41 pm
  • After that last page of the Secret Wars Free Comic Book Day I'm not sure if I'll ever care what Marvel does again.
  • Posted: May 11, 2017 12:32:43 am
  • Marvel lost me years ago, but I'll read the reviews whenever it hits stands.
    We strike hard and fade away into the night
  • Posted: May 11, 2017 1:02:44 am
  • junobeach said:
    After that last page of the Secret Wars Free Comic Book Day I'm not sure if I'll ever care what Marvel does again.

Must have missed that one. What did it say?
    Favorite Characters: Lone Ranger, Green Hornet, Captain America, The Shadow, Zorro, The Rocketeer, Jonah Hex
  • Posted: May 11, 2017 1:28:00 am
  • atom said:
    junobeach said:
    After that last page of the Secret Wars Free Comic Book Day I'm not sure if I'll ever care what Marvel does again.

Must have missed that one. What did it say?

Spoiler Alert!

Hydra Cap somehow is worthy enough to lift Mjolnir.
  • Posted: May 11, 2017 2:42:40 am
  • junobeach said:
    Spoiler Alert!

Hydra Cap somehow is worthy enough to lift Mjolnir.

SPOILER ALERT

After throwing Jack Flag out of a plane? Whaaaaaat? Shocked
    Favorite Characters: Lone Ranger, Green Hornet, Captain America, The Shadow, Zorro, The Rocketeer, Jonah Hex
  • Posted: May 11, 2017 10:13:22 am
  • I know!
  • Posted: May 12, 2017 4:17:42 pm
  • Marvel has burned so many bridges, it may not matter what they promise to do in the future. Marvel should do a massive re-launch in 2018 under the banner "Marvel: Dream Crushers!"
  • Posted: May 13, 2017 8:13:17 am
  • brucifer said:
    Marvel has burned so many bridges, it may not matter what they promise to do in the future. Marvel should do a massive re-launch in 2018 under the banner "Marvel: Dream Crushers!"

I don't buy relaunches. They had a chance to do it right the first time. This isn't a constant role of the dice hoping they'll deliver something good. They didn't care what fans wanted or whether it was good. They just tried to shock us with anything to evoke extreme emotion. The gamble didn't work. They lost a lot of readers.

• Posted: May 16, 2017 12:07:34 am
  • I stopped reading Marvel titles years ago.
  • Posted: May 16, 2017 1:10:27 am
  • The only Marvel Titles I have on my pull right now are Star Wars books.

I love Captain America, but I'll wait until the new status quo is established before I reconsider. . .
  • Posted: May 17, 2017 3:22:39 pm
  • I also stop collecting new comics in 2015. Just one question the FF do not have there own book anymore? I have not kept up.
  • Posted: May 17, 2017 4:30:16 pm
  • No FF comics on the racks.
    "Disliking everything is not the same thing as having an opinion"

14 posts • Page 1 of 2
World Community Grid Logo
ComicBookRealm.com: 72 years, 252 days, 5 hours of Run Time
Help projects like: Smash Childhood Cancer, OpenZika, Help Stop TB, FightAIDS@Home - Phase 2, Outsmart Ebola Together, Mapping Cancer Markers, FightAIDS@Home
Join World Community Grid today!
When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
  • Newest
  • Thames & Hudson's How to Draw a Graphic Novel Soft Cover # 1
  • Image Comics's Kid Cudi Presents: Moon Man Issue # 2
  • Red 5 Comics's Mystery Brothers  TPB # 1
  • Marvel Comics's Wolverine: Weapon X Issue # 2b