feature requests

Marvel's 'Legacy' will 'break the internet,' (Comic Book Forums)

• Marvel's 'Legacy' will 'break the internet,'

Author Discussion
  • Posted: April 25, 2017 12:54:49 pm
  • Hmm Legacy sure sounds a lot like ... Rebirth. Don't mean to sound so pessimistic but after what Marvel has put long-term fans through, I just don't know how a 50 page one-shot is going to fix everything. Last page reveal will probably be Mickey Mouse.
    We strike hard and fade away into the night
  • Posted: April 25, 2017 1:17:25 pm
  • I place my bet on the return of the Fantastic Four. . .

. . .but with The Human Torch now being a 15 year old Japanese girl.

Any takers?

Last edited April 25, 2017 1:19:33 pm
    Favorite Characters: Lone Ranger, Green Hornet, Captain America, The Shadow, Zorro, The Rocketeer, Jonah Hex
  • Posted: April 25, 2017 2:54:37 pm
  • We should have fun with this and place bets on what the surprise will be. I'm thinking either continuity with the Mickey Mouse club or Star Wars universe. Darth Vader will be related to Doctor Doom and they will team up against the return of the Fantastic Four.
  • Posted: April 25, 2017 4:22:37 pm
  • It very well could have the Star Wars universe become part of the Marvel universe...just imagine the crossover/tie-ins we could have.
    "Disliking everything is not the same thing as having an opinion"

• Posted: April 26, 2017 2:25:56 pm
  • The 'break the internet' comment makes me think Star Wars too. The FF coming back would not be that shocking.
  • Posted: April 26, 2017 3:24:38 pm
  • Yeah I think it's got to be a joining with the Star Wars universe. DC brought in continuity with The Watchmen through Rebirth so I assume Marvel is going to want to do something that really shocks readers and increases sales. In the long run though I think it would make an even bigger mess. Think about what they might want to do with it, like actually cross over the Marvel movies with Star Wars... I hope that never happens in my lifetime. Hard to tell now that Disney's running the show. But I'll admit it would be sort of cool to see Darth Vader and Doctor Doom side by side.
  • Posted: April 27, 2017 2:36:25 am
  • I'll put my money, so to speak, on either the New Universe or the Malibu universe (like Prime, Prototype and the Strangers).
    Tenzil
  • Posted: April 27, 2017 4:04:03 am
  • Maybe they're going to bring back the classic characters like wolverine, iron man and Thor and stop with the overt political and social agenda- all the while introducing new characters from diverse backgrounds with new stories and new villains.

Or maybe it will be another lame crossover reboot that creates more SJW characters.

• Posted: April 27, 2017 8:20:08 am
  • From what I've read they are bringing back some of the old characters but are keeping some of the new as well.

I thought they tried the New Universe thing with Starbrand and Nightmask?...and it was cancelled.
    I think Hickman did successfully used them in his Avengers run that started this whole mess.

Last edited April 27, 2017 8:22:25 am
    "Disliking everything is not the same thing as having an opinion"

14 posts • Page 1 of 2
World Community Grid Logo
ComicBookRealm.com: 72 years, 190 days, 18 hours of Run Time
Help projects like: Smash Childhood Cancer, OpenZika, Help Stop TB, FightAIDS@Home - Phase 2, Outsmart Ebola Together, Mapping Cancer Markers, FightAIDS@Home
Join World Community Grid today!
When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
  • Newest
  • Scout Comics's Drexler Issue # 1c
  • GP Putnams Sons's Monkey King and the World of Myths Hard Cover # 1
  • R.A.K. Graphics's The Executioner Issue # 1
  • Ab3 12c Ent.'s The Nefarious Smyths: Trouble in Tijuana Issue # 3