feature requests

Amazing Spider Man Legacy Renumbering to Start at Issue 750 Clue (Comic Book Forums)

• Amazing Spider-Man Legacy Renumbering to Start at Issue 750 Clue

Author Discussion
  • Posted: April 23, 2017 2:23:27 pm
  • I just noticed a small tweak to the release of Amazing Spider-Man comics that may indicate the legacy renumbering for Amazing Spider-Man will start at issue # 750. Since November 2016, Amazing Spider-Man Vol 4 has reverted to a monthly comic but June 2017 has ASM # 28 & #29 coming out that month. Why?, well then ASM # 30 comes out in July 2017 and then ASM # 31 comes out in August 2017 which perfectly coincides with the Fall month of September when the legacy renumbering is to to take effect. Add up all the issues of Amazing Spider-man to that point and you have an ASM # 750 release in the Fall month of September 2017. For those that don't follow ASM, here is the math: Amazing 700 + Vol. 3 (18 issues) + Vol. 4 (31 issues) = ASM at # 749 in August 2017. Any thoughts ? Think For those of you that don't care, please do not respond.
  • Posted: April 23, 2017 5:53:18 pm
  • So they will stick with legacy numbering for what, 100 issues, then go ahead and do several reboots and bring it back for the "grand" finale.
    Favorite Quote: "You're not just some guy in a bat costume are you? ARE YOU FREAKING KIDDING ME?! - Justice League #1, 2011"

Hunting for (mainly reprints/variants) - Please help! - See My Profile
  • Posted: April 24, 2017 10:31:07 am
  • Nice that they're reverting but like dough boy said I doubt they will be able to get to 1000 before a reboot happens.
  • Posted: April 24, 2017 11:48:39 am
  • If sales increase and hold it will make it to #1000...Marvel has learned from the last "Diversity" experiment that people and from sales figures that we don't want what they're peddling.

Last edited April 24, 2017 12:17:36 pm
    "Disliking everything is not the same thing as having an opinion"

• Posted: April 24, 2017 3:30:08 pm
  • I noticed Venom #6 is this month's last issue and next month they are going to Venom #150 as they reboot the symbiote with Eddie Brock's return. Maybe all of this ties into ASM #750. I don't know as I don't read these titles. It looks to me like Marvel is taking cues from DC's Rebirth. But with all the damage that has been caused over the last decade I don't know if it can save them at this point. If they continue on with the political correctness and personal agenda's even after the next reboot, I'll just continue to not read their comics as I've been doing for a while now.
    We strike hard and fade away into the night
  • Posted: April 24, 2017 10:11:19 pm
  • junobeach said:
    Nice that they're reverting but like dough boy said I doubt they will be able to get to 1000 before a reboot happens.

A lot can happen in 20 years. That's how long it will take to pump out another 250 issues (assuming a monthly publication rate). Of course, Marvel can get there faster by including Superior Spider-Man but it doesn't seem anyone is advocating that based on the replies so far.
  • Posted: April 25, 2017 8:23:41 am
  • I think there are only 640 issues in ASM Vol 1. There is a gap where it goes to Vol. 2 back to Vol 1. Leaves at 441 and returns at 500. So maybe they are counting Superior Spider-man but that's only 33 issues...Think

• Posted: April 25, 2017 8:27:21 am
  • I don't see how you can't count superior. ASM ended with him dead, Superior brought him back...Would be a glitch to skip those issues I think.
    Favorite Quote: "You're not just some guy in a bat costume are you? ARE YOU FREAKING KIDDING ME?! - Justice League #1, 2011"

Hunting for (mainly reprints/variants) - Please help! - See My Profile
  • Posted: April 25, 2017 8:38:47 am
  • I agree DB, so it still leaves 27 issues missing...annuals? or is there another title we need to add to the list?

• Posted: April 25, 2017 9:53:48 am
  • Same thing with Venom #150. It doesn't add up. There were 18 issues in vol.1. 42 issues in vol. 2 and 6 issues in the current vol.3. That's 66 issues total. They seem to be counting all the alternate covers as separate issues and who knows what else.

Last edited April 25, 2017 11:40:05 am
    We strike hard and fade away into the night
  • Posted: April 26, 2017 2:10:05 am
  • It used to be so easy back in the day... now marvel has done it up.... Jesus.
  • Posted: April 26, 2017 2:21:38 pm
  • Venom being #150 must include his appearances in other books? I don't get it.
  • Posted: April 26, 2017 9:27:54 pm
  • junobeach said:
    Venom being #150 must include his appearances in other books? I don't get it.

Here you go, I got this from another site. Don't know the accuracy of it since I don't follow Venom but at least it's something.

Here’s how the first 149 issues of “Venom” break down:

“Venom: Lethal Protector” (1993): 6 issues
    “Venom: Deathtrap – The Vault” (1993): 1
    “Venom: Funeral Pyre” (1993): 3
    “Venom: The Madness” (1993): 3
    “Venom: The Enemy Within” (1994): 3
    “Venom: The Mace” (1994): 3
    “Venom: Nights of Vengeance” (1994): 4
    “Venom: Carnage Unleashed” (1995): 4
    “Venom Super Special” (1995): 1
    “Venom: Sinner Takes All” (1995): 5
    “Venom: Separation Anxiety” (1995): 4
    “Venom: Along Came A Spider” (1996): 4
    “Venom: The Hunted” (1996): 3
    “Venom: The Hunger” (1996): 4
    “Venom: On Trial” (1997): 3
    “Venom: License to Kill” (1997): 3
    “Venom: Seed of Darkness” (1997): 1
    “Venom: Sign of the Boss” (1997): 2
    “Venom: The Finale” (1997): 3
    “Venom” (2003): 18
    “Venom: Dark Origin” (200Cool: 5
    “Venom” (2011): 47
    “Venom: Space Knight” (2016): 13
    “Venom” (2017): 6

What a mess.d'oh! Hopefully Amazing Spider-Man will be a lot more straight forward.Pray
  • Posted: April 27, 2017 2:39:53 am
  • I find it amusing that Marvel is trying to change the Venom numbering to 150 when with every other title the goal seems to be continually pumping out issues #1!
    Tenzil
  • Posted: April 30, 2017 3:51:38 pm
  • I would be shocked to see them just not include Superior. They may include Cone Conspiracy and whatever else as well especially if they did it for Venom.
  • Posted: April 30, 2017 7:20:31 pm
  • SilentAssassin said:
    I would be shocked to see them just not include Superior. They may include Cone Conspiracy and whatever else as well especially if they did it for Venom.

Anything before ASM # 700 would be off limits since the numbering at that time has already been established. Anything since ASM # 700 would be fair game after seeing the Venom legacy numbering. It really depends on where Marvel wants to start the legacy renumbering. Logical choice is ASM # 750 but if they want to try for ASM # 800 then Superior comes into play along with all the point issues (ie: 700.1, 700.2, etc.) and whatever they need to make it happen. Based on clues, I believe it's ASM #750.
  • Posted: June 9, 2017 10:50:34 am
  • stormraider said:

. Logical choice is ASM # 750 but if they want to try for ASM # 800 then Superior comes into play along with all the point issues (ie: 700.1, 700.2, etc.) and whatever they need to make it happen. Based on clues, I believe it's ASM #750.

I was going to say if they include the point issues that's just ridiculously stupid .... then i remembered we're talking about Marvel.
  • Posted: June 10, 2017 11:10:49 am
  • Tenzil said:
    I find it amusing that Marvel is trying to change the Venom numbering to 150 when with every other title the goal seems to be continually pumping out issues #1!

They want to coax long time buyers into buying stuff while still reaping the benefit of the bump in sales that a #1 gets. They should go with dual numbering if that's the case. Release a 6 issue mini-series and then have the regular numbering alongside it in the indicia. The last few Flaming Carrot Comics did that and they were spaced pretty far apart. .
  • Posted: June 10, 2017 5:19:06 pm
  • I haven't read, touched or even thought about Amazing Spider-Man since reading issue #700. I'm even having a tough time reading back issues. Spider-Man WAS my all-time favourite hero, but it seemed to me that Marvel was trying to turn off older fans throughout the late '90s/ '00s. Marvel will have to do something quite magical to get me to ever pick up a new Amazing Spider-Man book in the future. Marvel Comics are dream crushers! Thanks guys!
  • Posted: June 10, 2017 8:07:38 pm
  • Well brucifer, if you're upset that they're turning you off because of the the changes from the 90's-00's then imagine how fans from the 60's, 70's, 80's feel!? The Marvel universe I see now doesn't even resemble 10% of what it was when I was growing up. Sad

• Posted: June 14, 2017 12:36:23 am
  • Abysslord said:
    stormraider said:

. Logical choice is ASM # 750 but if they want to try for ASM # 800 then Superior comes into play along with all the point issues (ie: 700.1, 700.2, etc.) and whatever they need to make it happen. Based on clues, I believe it's ASM #750.

I was going to say if they include the point issues that's just ridiculously stupid .... then i remembered we're talking about Marvel.

Well, we won't have to wait much longer. I believe the September 2017 solicitations are being released on June 20th.
21 posts • Page 1 of 3
World Community Grid Logo
ComicBookRealm.com: of Run Time
Help projects like: Smash Childhood Cancer, OpenZika, Help Stop TB, FightAIDS@Home - Phase 2, Outsmart Ebola Together, Mapping Cancer Markers, FightAIDS@Home
Join World Community Grid today!
When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
  • Newest
  • DC Comics's Batman / Superman: World's Finest Issue # 26d
  • Seven Seas Entertainment's Made in Abyss Soft Cover # 12
  • Marvel Comics's Web of Spider-Man Issue # 4b
  • Marvel Comics's What If? Venom Issue # 3btc/ce-b