feature requests

Comic Book Donations New Comic book site for kids in hospitals (Comic Book Forums)

• Comic Book Donations - New Comic book site for kids in hospitals

Author Discussion
  • Posted: August 7, 2017 3:45:23 pm
  • Do me a favor and contact me. I will work with you to help you find the hospitals closest to you. If you want, you can then take some of them to those hospitals. Or we can also do this for you.

Whatever you want, we are glad to help!
  • Posted: September 14, 2017 9:30:33 am
  • Friends, if you have not seen our results, please check out our site and contribute where you can. We have shipped over 3,000 comics already and by the time Halloween Comic Fest hits, will exceed 5,000 comics!. Our medical facilities tab shows the hospitals we have sent to. The community tab shows feedback. You can also be on our wall of heroes with a donation. Please help us if you can. Even the smallest donation makes a difference!
  • Posted: November 28, 2017 6:10:35 pm
  • For those of you with an interest, what we have done together as a comic book community is amazing. In just 6 months, we have delivered comic books to over 6,000 children in over 90 hospitals. If you haven't seen us lately, please take a look and contribute something if you can. Even $25.00 makes a big difference for us as 100% of what we do goes to the "kids". We draw 0 compensation from this-all 100% donated time. 
  • Posted: December 19, 2017 9:20:24 pm
  • As the end of the year approaches and you are considering your donations, remember, we work on behalf of the comic industry representing Distributor, Publishers and the retailers to provide comic books to kids in hospitals and cancer centers. keep us in mind and check out our Facebook page as well! Amazing story about a three year, open heart surgery and comics.

https://www.facebook.com/comicbooksforkids/
  • Posted: December 21, 2017 6:17:20 pm
  • Last post of the year. If you cannot contribute..and not everyone can, perhaps you can simply go on our Facebook page and like us (if indeed you do).

https://www.facebook.com/comicbooksforkids/

Our goal was a meager 100 likes for this year and we are at 97.

Regardless, my thanks to all of you who DID contribute and made a difference for the kids out there.
  • Posted: January 15, 2018 2:42:50 pm
  • Hey all. Wanted to make you aware that we received a donation of ten long boxes from a collector that is  simply in  NM 9.4-9.8 condition. All comics are bagged and boarded and for the most part are Batman related. We are talking sets or almost sets of Shadow of the Bat, Legends of the Dark Knight, Batman Dark Knight, Robin, Nightwing, Grayson, Batman and Robin, Batman Inc, Azrael, Catwoman Birds of Prey, Batgirl, Robin son of Batman, Superman/wonder woman, Zatanna, and many others.

While 99% of what we receive goes to children in hospitals, we will on ocassion when the material is too adult for children sell them and use the proceeds for shipping comics to hospitals.

I apologize to the mods if this was the wrong place to put this and if so, please move it but wanted to offer these to collectors at what may be considered a fair and reasonable amount with 100% of these proceeds going to charity. What you would do if you wanted any of these is contact me at the charity web site and we could work from there. Donations would be made via paypal to the charity as well although if you wanted, we could always do an ebay auction.

No real hidden gems here but a great chance to get a run at a very low price and help us out!
  • Posted: January 15, 2018 6:40:09 pm
  • How about you create a pile with all of them and share it?
    Favorite Quote: "You're not just some guy in a bat costume are you? ARE YOU FREAKING KIDDING ME?! - Justice League #1, 2011"

Hunting for (mainly reprints/variants) - Please help! - See My Profile
  • Posted: January 16, 2018 2:13:51 pm
  • dough boy said:
    How about you create a pile with all of them and share it?

I AM, I AM!!! That is why I reached out to my favorites here!!!
  • Posted: January 16, 2018 2:26:22 pm
  • Perfect. Been awhile since I have bought any comics but might be interested.
    Favorite Quote: "You're not just some guy in a bat costume are you? ARE YOU FREAKING KIDDING ME?! - Justice League #1, 2011"

Hunting for (mainly reprints/variants) - Please help! - See My Profile
  • Posted: January 16, 2018 8:31:03 pm
  • To give you an idea, I just sold Batman Inc 0,1-13 with the special for $15.00. Way below anything you would see anywhere.That is the full set. Again, 100% of this goes to charity. I am going to do the same with all of the sets I already mentioned plus many others.

Seriously, if anyone is looking for Batman or Batman related titles, let me know and you will all have right of first refusal before they go on the charity ebay site!
22 posts • Page 1 of 3
World Community Grid Logo
ComicBookRealm.com: 72 years, 186 days, 23 hours of Run Time
Help projects like: Smash Childhood Cancer, OpenZika, Help Stop TB, FightAIDS@Home - Phase 2, Outsmart Ebola Together, Mapping Cancer Markers, FightAIDS@Home
Join World Community Grid today!
When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
  • Newest
  • Marvel Comics's Cable & Deadpool Issue # 37
  • Image Comics's Feral Issue # 1awe yeah
  • Marvel Comics's Marvel Comics Presents Issue # 173
  • Ab3 12c Ent.'s The Nefarious Smyths Issue # 8