feature requests

Comic Book Donations New Comic book site for kids in hospitals (Comic Book Forums)

• Comic Book Donations - New Comic book site for kids in hospitals

Author Discussion
  • Posted: April 19, 2017 2:56:33 pm
  • Board members and with sincere apologies if I have broken any rules here.

I wanted to share this with all of you first as this board has truly been my home for the past several years whenever I have posted.

For years I have been collecting. Many of you know that. But I always wanted to give back. About three years ago, I wanted to donate some comics to medical facilities and then it hit me, there was no major initiative that really was in place to help children in hospitals, medical facilities and cancer centers across the US. This is not to say that there aren't sites out there-there are. But there was nothing that I could see that brought the industry, publishers, shops and all of us into this endeavor.

It has been my experience that as collectors, many are some of the nicest people you can meet. Exceptons exist everywhere but still, many have asked how they could help.

To that end, http://www.Comicbooksforkids.ORG was created. This is a new initiative whose only goal is to provide comic books to kids in hospitals, cancer centers, etc.

Each of you can help. Please let others know. Please ask your comic shop to contact us. This site relies on donations of all types to ship comics to medical facilities. In the past week, I have shipped almost 200 comics to 5 facilities, all listed on the board. As word continues to spread, my inbox is filling up with requests.

And this is wonderful because it is an opportunity for all of us.

Let me state in closing that I dont have all the answers. Heck, I am still not sure what all the questions are. This all started with a desire to help out kids and to perhaps for a period of time, they can imagine themselves soaring through the sky, being Superman, Thor, Batman or any other of the many wonderful characters that we ourselves appreciate.

If we do nothing else but perhaps bring some cheer to these children, then we have done our jobs.

Thanks for reading, sharing the vision and supporting any way that you can

• Posted: April 19, 2017 7:43:22 pm
  • I received an email asking how one could help. Thank you. It is easy.
    If there is a hospital or medical facility near you and you have 25-50 comics that are in really good condition, age appropriate and you want to donate to them, let me know. I will personally contact the hospital and make arrangements for you to deliver them. Your name will also go on the board as a contributor to our cause.

If you simply want to share a few dollars, our paypal button allows that. Each shipment we send out costs $10,00 so again, anything is appreciated. And again, your name goes on the board!
  • Posted: April 22, 2017 11:06:06 am
  • Went to C2E2 yesterday! Over 6 Publishers (who we will be shouting out to on our pages shortly) lined up to help with comics!

Follow us and help however you can!

And you do NOT have to donate any $$$ if you cant. Just let us know the name of your local hospital that YOU want to contribute to with your books and we will work that out if possible(and infectious disease policies allow.)

www.Comicbooksforkids.org

@Comicbooks4kids

• Posted: July 1, 2017 4:55:21 pm
  • Wanted all of you to see this as you were there day 1.

Check out the sight now, all.

We are completely up and running and an IRS approved charity meaning all donations are tax deductible (our document is on the site for all to see). Marvel, DC, Image, Dark Horse, Archie, Oni Press, Lion Forge, IDW and BOOM are all on board with us as is Diamond.

https://www.comicbooksforkids.org/

We have already contributed to almost 40 hospitals including people who contacted us who wanted to give as well.

Here is how you can help. Friend us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter (all accessible from our site). If you know a company that wants to sponsor us, please pass our name along. All personal donations of $100 put you on our wall of heroes.And dont hesitate to ask any questions. Full transparency here !

This is real my friends and all of YOU were the first to know!
  • Posted: July 4, 2017 3:10:15 pm
  • Just keeping all of you in the loop.

We have already acquired a corporate sponsor with a couple more that are looking good. For all of you that want to contribute, even the smallest of donations helps us and we will send you a donation receipt. Please connect with us on Facebook and Twitter.

And again, please promote us to your friends. The scale of what we do here is directly proportional to the funding we receive.

Finally, for your feel good 4th:

https://www.comicbooksforkids.org/community
  • Posted: July 10, 2017 8:44:50 pm
  • For those of you who may have friends in the retailer community, ComicBooks For Kids was spotlighted today in Diamonds weekly e newsletter. We will be posting this on our board later this week but just a heads up. Ask you favorite LCS to read it and get involved! We need everyone contributing. Every bit helps the kids.
  • Posted: July 15, 2017 5:49:19 pm
  • Just a quick update! We added 5 more hospitals this week shipping over 200 comics! And, we are NOW listed as a 501 (C) 3 in the IRS database.

Please tell your friends, follow us on Twitter and friend us on facebook...but even more, if you can contribute, even $25.00 it would help us immensely!

https://www.comicbooksforkids.org/
  • Posted: August 7, 2017 2:15:50 pm
  • Thank you for posting this because I have been looking to donate my comics to kids.
22 posts • Page 1 of 3
World Community Grid Logo
ComicBookRealm.com: 72 years, 186 days, 23 hours of Run Time
Help projects like: Smash Childhood Cancer, OpenZika, Help Stop TB, FightAIDS@Home - Phase 2, Outsmart Ebola Together, Mapping Cancer Markers, FightAIDS@Home
Join World Community Grid today!
When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
  • Newest
  • Illiterature Press's Chronic Apathy Issue # 2
  • Marvel Comics's Deadpool-Verse: Deadpool Corps TPB # 1
  • Tangram Publishing's Fang Issue # 1
  • Amphibia Comics's Newt Issue # 8