feature requests

X Men Artist Causes Controversy (Comic Book Forums)

• X-Men Artist Causes Controversy

Author Discussion
  • Posted: April 10, 2017 1:05:56 pm
  • Wow, nice way to be inclusive. Especially X-Men, which is all about including everyone from all walks of life. Thanks so much religion. No wonder I'm an atheist.
  • Posted: April 10, 2017 1:30:28 pm
  • I read somewhere that the artist is happy with the controversy he has created as the book is selling like crazy as speculators scoop up multiple issues and is sold out. Confused Not talking

Found it...

As for Syaf, Bleeding Cool reports that he is more or less refusing to back down, claiming that his references were nothing but nods to the political situation in Indonesia and not necessarily an endorsement of either side, while also telling people to buy copies of the the first prints of his issue since it’s now collectible. Going back to that G. Willow Wilson post, though, she has provided a rather vicious takedown of what Syaf did from her own Muslim perspective and why it will amount to little more than “career suicide” for him—while still reflecting poorly on the handful of Muslim people working in the comics industry.

Last edited April 10, 2017 1:37:36 pm
    "Disliking everything is not the same thing as having an opinion"

• Posted: April 10, 2017 1:40:01 pm
  • I wish fans of comic books would buy books they like, instead of controversial or hot books all the time. It's getting very tiring.
  • Posted: April 10, 2017 3:11:18 pm
  • Another reason I don't spend any money on Marvel. What a pathetic piece of sh*t that artist is. If not for Jewish people like Stan Lee and Jack Kirby he would never have had the opportunity to work on that book.
    We strike hard and fade away into the night
  • Posted: April 11, 2017 4:11:11 pm
  • MARVEL TERMINATES X-MEN GOLD ARTIST’S CONTRACT FOLLOWING CONTROVERSY

In the wake of a major controversy over highly charged political and religious messages hidden within “X-Men Gold” #1, Marvel has officially announced that Ardian Syaf is no longer that series’ artist as his contract with the company has been terminated, “effective immediately.”

Marvel has terminated Ardian Syaf’s contract effective immediately. ‘X-Men Gold’ #2 and #3 featuring his work have already been sent to the printer and will continue to ship bi-weekly. Issues #4, #5, and #6 will be drawn by R. B. Silva and issues #7, #8, and #9 will be drawn by Ken Lashley. A permanent replacement artist will be assigned to ‘X-Men Gold’ in the coming weeks.
    Read Full - http://www.cbr.com/marvel-terminates-x-men-gold-artist-ardian-syaf-contract-following-controversy/

X-MEN GOLD ARTIST ADDRESSES CONTROVERSY: ‘MY CAREER IS OVER NOW’

“Hello, Worlds…

My career is over now. It’s the consequence what I did, and I take it. Please no more mockery, debat, no more hate. I hope all in peace.

In this last chance, I want to tell you the true meaning of the numbers, 212 and QS 5:51.

It is number of JUSTICE. It is number of LOVE. My love to Holy Qur’an…my love to the last prophet, the Messenger…my love to ALLAH, The One .

My apologize for all the noise. Good bye, May bless you all. I love all of you.

-Ardian Syaf-“

Read More - http://www.cbr.com/x-men-gold-artist-ardian-syaf-my-career-is-over/

Last edited April 11, 2017 4:19:48 pm
    "Disliking everything is not the same thing as having an opinion"

• Posted: April 11, 2017 6:45:22 pm
  • RoP
  • Posted: April 12, 2017 5:33:44 am
  • This is exactly why I tell my kids not to take their personal drama to work with them.
    Maybe this artist will now learn the most valuable life lesson: Leave your at home and just do your job.

Last edited April 12, 2017 5:37:00 am
    Favorite Characters: Lone Ranger, Green Hornet, Captain America, The Shadow, Zorro, The Rocketeer, Jonah Hex
  • Posted: April 12, 2017 7:30:21 pm
  • atom said:
    This is exactly why I tell my kids not to take their personal drama to work with them.Maybe this artist will now learn the most valuable life lesson: Leave your at home and just do your job.

couldnt have said it better lol
    "How to destroy a man... Grant him his heart's desire." --Victor Von Doom
    - - - - - - - - - -
    Latest Additions
    Secret Wars #1 CGC 9.8 Dr. Doom Custom Label... Cameo Emperor Doom!!
    Secret Wars #2 CGC 9.8 Dr. Doom Custom Label... 1st full app of Emperor Doom!!!
16 posts • Page 1 of 2
World Community Grid Logo
ComicBookRealm.com: 72 years, 186 days, 23 hours of Run Time
Help projects like: Smash Childhood Cancer, OpenZika, Help Stop TB, FightAIDS@Home - Phase 2, Outsmart Ebola Together, Mapping Cancer Markers, FightAIDS@Home
Join World Community Grid today!
When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
  • Newest
  • Marvel Comics's Cable Issue # 9
  • Sofawolf Press's Heat Soft Cover # 9
  • Simon & Schuster Books for Young Readers's Tater Tales Hard Cover # 2
  • Marvel Comics's Wolverine: Madripoor Knights Issue # 2d