feature requests

Batman and Superman: DC Icons (Comic Book Forums)

• Batman and Superman: DC Icons

Author Discussion
  • Posted: March 31, 2017 4:03:00 am
  • Interesting look at the odd numbering choice on the new Wal-Mart packs (Making Batman #9 into Batman #1) I just noticed the same thing yesterday. It's sure to be confusing to some people.
    Favorite Characters: Lone Ranger, Green Hornet, Captain America, The Shadow, Zorro, The Rocketeer, Jonah Hex
  • Posted: March 31, 2017 6:00:14 am
  • It is confusing, Atom. At least they indicate the original numbering inside, but still...
    See my blog, Cool Comics in My Collection, at https://edgosney.com/
  • Posted: March 31, 2017 7:46:36 am
  • Well, at the least with the numbering change and removal of the title from the cover these are now true variants instead of barely-noticeable variants. I wonder if the collector value will increase, or if they will remain Longbox Junk. . .
    Favorite Characters: Lone Ranger, Green Hornet, Captain America, The Shadow, Zorro, The Rocketeer, Jonah Hex
  • Posted: March 31, 2017 11:33:38 am
  • if you look at previous prepacks that were released (New 52) they are selling at $15 each prepack...at the same time the New 52 runs were (in my opinion) more popular. But looking at the history of prepacks value wise....almost all of them at least double in price, and when you go back to the 70's prepack they can command some pretty high premiums...

and Edgos yet another well written post. Very talented...

Last edited March 31, 2017 11:34:52 am
    "How to destroy a man... Grant him his heart's desire." --Victor Von Doom
    - - - - - - - - - -
    Latest Additions
    Secret Wars #1 CGC 9.8 Dr. Doom Custom Label... Cameo Emperor Doom!!
    Secret Wars #2 CGC 9.8 Dr. Doom Custom Label... 1st full app of Emperor Doom!!!
  • Posted: March 31, 2017 1:39:31 pm
  • AmZoMBiE, thanks for your insight on the prepacks. Very interesting stuff. You should guest blog on my sight sometimes and give us some history on them. Of course, any of you reading this are always welcome to guest blog. I've had three guests in my 79 episodes, and I'm always looking for fresh voices and ideas to keep people entertained for a few minutes of their day.

Thanks for the compliment on the writing. It's my bread and butter in life (I'm a Technical/Proposal Writer and fiction writer), and I really enjoy having this opportunity to write about my comics. Comicbookrealm is an extremely friendly place (I also post my blog link in reddit, and there is a lot of negativity there), and I appreciate all of you here who read and/or participate in these forums.
  • Posted: April 1, 2017 3:15:36 am
  • Ed, I wanted to give you a really nasty reply but there is something about this place that makes me not want to do that. You are right that this is quite the cool site they/we have going here. A good read, as always. I cringed at the story of your Dad's Superman comics going down with the ship in WWII! I think most of us have lost comics along the way (mine were mostly via my mom's purging when I left for University) but to lose them that way! Thanks again for sharing with the class!
    Tenzil
  • Posted: April 1, 2017 9:16:32 am
  • Tenzil, thanks for the empathy for my dad's comics. Mixed in with those were also early Batman and others, worth a lot of money today. His cousin lived during that battle, but guys right next to him in the water were eaten by sharks. Quite the story. And I sympathize with your story about your mother getting rid of some of yours. I guess these things just make the secondary market prices continue to rise!

As of now, I'm scheduled to do a podcast tomorrow (was supposed to take place last week, but family situations on the podcaster's end caused a few delays) about my blog, comics and collecting in general, and how comics have influenced my fiction writing. And yesterday was a great day as it looks like I'm going to be included in an anthology about...can't reveal it yet, but people in these forums may be interested in the subject!

One last note, if any of you are on Facebook, I joined a group a couple weeks ago that I really like. It's sort of like you guys, really nice people just enjoying the hobby. It's called "Old Guys Who Like Old Comics." You may want to join it, and if you do, let me know!
  • Posted: April 1, 2017 2:02:12 pm
  • edgos2 said:
    Tenzil, thanks for the empathy for my dad's comics. Mixed in with those were also early Batman and others, worth a lot of money today. His cousin lived during that battle, but guys right next to him in the water were eaten by sharks. Quite the story. And I sympathize with your story about your mother getting rid of some of yours. I guess these things just make the secondary market prices continue to rise!

As of now, I'm scheduled to do a podcast tomorrow (was supposed to take place last week, but family situations on the podcaster's end caused a few delays) about my blog, comics and collecting in general, and how comics have influenced my fiction writing. And yesterday was a great day as it looks like I'm going to be included in an anthology about...can't reveal it yet, but people in these forums may be interested in the subject!

One last note, if any of you are on Facebook, I joined a group a couple weeks ago that I really like. It's sort of like you guys, really nice people just enjoying the hobby. It's called "Old Guys Who Like Old Comics." You may want to join it, and if you do, let me know!

I joined that FB page a few weeks ago. Great site.
  • Posted: April 1, 2017 2:21:54 pm
  • Glad you like it, Bobarian! It's a great place to talk about old comics and just enjoy yourself.
12 posts • Page 1 of 2
World Community Grid Logo
ComicBookRealm.com: 72 years, 252 days, 5 hours of Run Time
Help projects like: Smash Childhood Cancer, OpenZika, Help Stop TB, FightAIDS@Home - Phase 2, Outsmart Ebola Together, Mapping Cancer Markers, FightAIDS@Home
Join World Community Grid today!
When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
  • Newest
  • Marvel Comics's Avengers: Twilight Issue # 5g
  • Marvel Comics's Fall of the House of X Issue # 4e
  • Al Barrett's The Mightiest Issue # 1
  • Marvel Comics's What If? Venom Issue # 3