feature requests

It's Planet of the Apes Week! (Comic Book Forums)

• It's Planet of the Apes Week!

Author Discussion
  • Posted: March 23, 2017 12:54:18 pm
  • Never could get into this genre. Monkeys, apes, and King Kong, have always creep me out the same way clowns do for some people.
    We strike hard and fade away into the night
  • Posted: March 23, 2017 12:58:39 pm
  • Rapha1978, I can understand that. I can't tell you why I like it (well, I liked POTA much more in the Seventies), but I just did. And speaking of clowns creeping you out, I just listened to the final audio version of my story "Practice," which will soon release on Audible, Amazon, and iTunes. The narrator does such a good job with the voices, I'm going to be seeing the creepy clown from the story around every corner now!
    See my blog, Cool Comics in My Collection, at https://edgosney.com/
  • Posted: March 23, 2017 9:54:24 pm
  • atom, I have the trade collections of BOOM! Studios POTA series. I might cover some of them sometime in the future. For now, I just cover a handful of comics each week. I used to do seven, for each day in the week, but I don't have as much time these days, especially with trying to get more fiction written. If you ever want to be a guest host for a week on my blog, I'd love it. The top part of my blog tells how you can do that.
  • Posted: March 24, 2017 2:48:42 am
  • "Get your stinking paws off me . . . . ". The memories, Ed, oh the memories of that first film starring Charlton Heston and Roddy McDowell. It was quite a sensation at the time, and I did enjoy watching it, though I have to confess I didn't follow the films that followed nor any other aspect of it. I did pick up issue #1 of the 70's Marvel series, Adventures on the Planet of the Apes" but that is it. I have to say the video clip you sent us to was tremendous fun as well - especially when they were singing to the tune of "Rock Me Amadeus"!
    Tenzil
  • Posted: March 24, 2017 5:59:25 am
  • Tenzil, glad I helped bring back some memories! And I couldn't resist linking to "Rock Me, Dr. Zaius," as it's a favorite with my family.

If any of you are on Facebook, and you're a little aged, I just joined a group called "Old Guys Who Like Old Comics," and it's a lot of fun. I highly recommend it.
  • Posted: March 24, 2017 8:30:16 am
  • Nice read. Thanks. I also collected the magazine and have the 1990 series. However, the best version of the apes IMHO is the original novel. If you haven't read it your missing out. Smile

• Posted: March 24, 2017 12:31:01 pm
  • mrhan1, you are so right! The original Planet of the Apes novel was very good, and also very different from the movies. Glad you enjoyed the blog!
  • Posted: April 2, 2017 11:25:26 pm
  • mrhan1 said:
    Nice read. Thanks. I also collected the magazine and have the 1990 series. However, the best version of the apes IMHO is the original novel. If you haven't read it your missing out. Smile

Based upon your recommendation, I read the novel. It's okay but I wouldn't say you are missing out on anything.
10 posts • Page 1 of 1
World Community Grid Logo
ComicBookRealm.com: 72 years, 252 days, 5 hours of Run Time
Help projects like: Smash Childhood Cancer, OpenZika, Help Stop TB, FightAIDS@Home - Phase 2, Outsmart Ebola Together, Mapping Cancer Markers, FightAIDS@Home
Join World Community Grid today!
When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
  • Newest
  • Marvel Comics's Fall of the House of X Issue # 4illum
  • Marvel Comics's The Uncanny X-Men Issue # 468b
  • Marvel Comics's Weapon X-Men Issue # 2
  • Absolute Comics Group's White Widow Issue # 4acme