feature requests

CGC New Slabs Question (Comic Book Forums)

• CGC New Slabs Question

Author Discussion
  • Posted: March 21, 2017 11:38:22 am
  • Is CGC still having issues with the new slabs (waviness)? Has anyone had an recent problem with the waviness? Just wondering... I have some comics that i would like to submit to CGC or CBCS depending on the replies.

Thanks - Joel

Last edited March 21, 2017 11:38:48 am
    SPOON!!! - The Tick
  • Posted: March 21, 2017 1:58:25 pm
  • The waviness issue you are referring to happened last summer when they tried out a new type of holder. They switched to a different internal holder shortly after that and all seems to be fine now. The only current problem with the holder is the newton rings (rainbow effect).

Thanks
    Joe

• Posted: March 21, 2017 5:25:57 pm
  • joelzstuff said:
    Is CGC still having issues with the new slabs (waviness)? Has anyone had an recent problem with the waviness? Just wondering... I have some comics that i would like to submit to CGC or CBCS depending on the replies.

Thanks - Joel

Here's my most recent unboxing video from CBCS: https://youtu.be/vQcQugOXoJY

#CBCSBOX
  • Posted: March 22, 2017 12:34:20 pm
  • joe_mccarty said:
    The waviness issue you are referring to happened last summer when they tried out a new type of holder. They switched to a different internal holder shortly after that and all seems to be fine now. The only current problem with the holder is the newton rings (rainbow effect).

Thanks
    Joe

Ok, thats good to know. at least the newton rings are not warping the comic. Very Happy.
    Thanks
    -Joel
    SPOON!!! - The Tick
  • Posted: March 22, 2017 12:35:32 pm
  • logerine said:
    joelzstuff said:
    Is CGC still having issues with the new slabs (waviness)? Has anyone had an recent problem with the waviness? Just wondering... I have some comics that i would like to submit to CGC or CBCS depending on the replies.

Thanks - Joel

Here's my most recent unboxing video from CBCS: https://youtu.be/vQcQugOXoJY

#CBCSBOX

Thanks for sharing!
    Joel
    SPOON!!! - The Tick
5 posts • Page 1 of 1
World Community Grid Logo
ComicBookRealm.com: 72 years, 186 days, 23 hours of Run Time
Help projects like: Smash Childhood Cancer, OpenZika, Help Stop TB, FightAIDS@Home - Phase 2, Outsmart Ebola Together, Mapping Cancer Markers, FightAIDS@Home
Join World Community Grid today!
When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
  • Newest
  • Sofawolf Press's Hot Dish Soft Cover # 2
  • Marvel Comics's Miles Morales: Spider-Man Issue # 18b
  • IDW Publishing's Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Saturday Morning Adventures - Continued  Issue # 11stashhhloot-a
  • Marvel Comics's Wolverine Issue # 43 - 2nd print