feature requests

Certified (Comic Book Forums)

Author Certified
Posted: March 19, 2017 11:58:22 pm
What warrents a book to be certified?
BRATINK
Posted: March 20, 2017 8:25:09 am
It comes with a Certificate of Authenticity or...
In some cases CGC and other graders will be at cons to witness books being signed so if you get a book signed they will grade it for you saying that the signature is certified.
"Disliking everything is not the same thing as having an opinion"
Posted: March 20, 2017 11:39:24 am
CGC: you have to go to the booth and get a witness to go with you and watch you get your belongings signed

CBCS: from my understanding is that you do not need a witness, they will cert old signatures. I just recently tried these guys out with AMS 23 (GLCC ASM #194 orignal art cover) i had them witness Keith Pollards signature only because the CBCS witness was also getting things signed. i am unsure if submitting without witness still brings a certified signature casing, but thats what ive been told.

COA: Certificate of Authenticity (typically comes with the book once it is signed or just in general comes with it (that ASM 23 came with one, but wont be included in the slabbing)

Last edited March 20, 2017 11:40:08 am
Doom Pulls the Strings!

Posted: March 20, 2017 2:35:21 pm
What I meant was, its not worth it to get it graded if its not worth over the amount it cost to get graded, right. In other words, only the key books and special issues shoud be graded right?
BRATINK
Posted: March 20, 2017 3:56:25 pm
oh...well financially yeah key books and variants ive only graded...but its all personal preference...ive seen nothing books graded...not that id buy them...if i had enough $$ id get every book of my Doom collection graded (if only to seal and protect them).
Doom Pulls the Strings!

Newest Covers
  • Image Comics's Descender Issue # 20
  • DC Comics's Hellblazer Issue # 8b
  • Marvel Comics's Marvel Premiere Issue # 19
  • BOOM! Studios's WWE Issue # 3d
Cool Statues
CBR.com Feature Requests - BE HEARD!