feature requests

Shout Out to the Mods (Comic Book Forums)

Enter to win a Collector's Edition Sixth Scale "Action Figure" of Superman from Sideshow!    Enter Now!

Author Shout Out to the Mods
Posted: March 17, 2017 1:21:40 pm
I want to give a shout out (thanks) to the mods for using descriptive number for the variants covers instead of the alpha characters. It helps when you are trying to inventory a comic and you know it's a fried pie variant but don't know what letter in the numbering system it is. Now I don't have to click on each issue number to find the cover.

Thanks again.

Posted: March 17, 2017 2:20:28 pm
Thanks, but it's still a work in progress.
I'm not sure if users have the ability to make those changes, if so knock yourself out
"Disliking everything is not the same thing as having an opinion"
Posted: March 17, 2017 2:49:37 pm
Regular users are not able to edit the issue number.
Posted: March 17, 2017 3:24:43 pm
we talked about this as mods and came to the decision that to clear hours of searching thru every book with alphabetical numbering we decided to add names to the Store Exclusives...things that should still be numerical will be the regular variants (Ex. Cover A, Cover B, Retailer Incentive, Blank sketch, etc.). this is a long process to convert things over to the new look and i dont think regular members have the ability to change that. as i have been updating pricing i have gone over numerous series and adjusted them...buy definately no where near all of them.

The one that really sucked doing and took forever was Amazing Spider-Man 666 i think it was...soooooo many variants, then after renaming them having to move them around alphabetically was another hurdle in itself lol...
Doom Pulls the Strings!

Posted: March 17, 2017 3:58:14 pm
AmZoMBiE said:
we talked about this as mods and came to the decision that to clear hours of searching thru every book with alphabetical numbering we decided to add names to the Store Exclusives...things that should still be numerical will be the regular variants (Ex. Cover A, Cover B, Retailer Incentive, Blank sketch, etc.). this is a long process to convert things over to the new look and i dont think regular members have the ability to change that. as i have been updating pricing i have gone over numerous series and adjusted them...buy definately no where near all of them.

The one that really sucked doing and took forever was Amazing Spider-Man 666 i think it was...soooooo many variants, then after renaming them having to move them around alphabetically was another hurdle in itself lol...

I appreciate the work you did and are doing. I noticed and it made my inventorying a lot easier. Especially with all the new variants these days and I had a whole long box to inventory. Thanks again.
Posted: March 17, 2017 4:00:06 pm
Very Happy
Doom Pulls the Strings!

Posted: March 18, 2017 1:01:35 pm
As a collector of store variants I gotta say thank you too. Sooooooo much easier to find what I want.
Posted: March 18, 2017 11:10:23 pm
The only time this shouldn't happen is if for instance the book says 1sub. Then we would leave it as 1sub. However, if it was 1 and a store variant we could make it say 1store.
Favorite Quote: "You're not just some guy in a bat costume are you? ARE YOU FREAKING KIDDING ME?! - Justice League #1, 2011"

Hunting for (mainly reprints/variants) - Please help! - See My Profile

Newest Covers
  • IDW Publishing's Back to the Future: Biff to the Future Issue # 5ri
  • IDW Publishing's Judge Dredd: Blessed Earth Issue # 2sub
  • Yen Press's Kiss and White Lily For My Dearest Girl  Soft Cover # 2
  • Black Mask Studios's Space Riders: Galaxy of Brutality Issue # 1 - 2nd print
Cool Statues
Recently Rated
DC Comics's Batman Issue # 453
This comic was rated 4.7500 stars by 4 members
Batman
Issue # 453