feature requests

Why did DC print a TPB of Marvel Doc Savage comics? (Comic Book Forums)

• Why did DC print a TPB of Marvel Doc Savage comics?

Author Discussion
  • Posted: February 7, 2017 11:56:54 pm
  • DC owned the rights to Doc Savage when they printed this TPB. The character has switched hands many times in his many decade spanning existence.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Doc_Savage#Comic_books

1st appearance is in 1933
  • Posted: February 8, 2017 12:51:19 am
  • Yeah, that was when they were trying out their "First Wave' alternate pulp universe with Doc Savage, The Spirit, The Avenger, the "original" gun-toting Bat Man, and a few others.
    Favorite Characters: Lone Ranger, Green Hornet, Captain America, The Shadow, Zorro, The Rocketeer, Jonah Hex
  • Posted: February 8, 2017 6:19:48 pm
  • But that gave them the right to republish Marvel comic versions too?

Last edited February 8, 2017 6:20:04 pm
    CLASSIC SIGNED COMICS ON EBAY! http://bit.ly/vCaTGQ
  • Posted: February 10, 2017 12:56:14 am
  • rpenny88 said:
    I've seen other examples of this such as IDW publishing the 80s Marvel Transformers series.

IDW also published a TPB collection of Dreamwave's Transformers/G.I. Joe mini. So I guess when a company gets a license, they get the license for everything. Or at least that's what it looks like to me. . .
    Favorite Characters: Lone Ranger, Green Hornet, Captain America, The Shadow, Zorro, The Rocketeer, Jonah Hex
6 posts • Page 1 of 1
World Community Grid Logo
ComicBookRealm.com: 72 years, 186 days, 23 hours of Run Time
Help projects like: Smash Childhood Cancer, OpenZika, Help Stop TB, FightAIDS@Home - Phase 2, Outsmart Ebola Together, Mapping Cancer Markers, FightAIDS@Home
Join World Community Grid today!
When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
  • Newest
  • Marvel Comics's Cable Issue # 1
  • Marvel Comics's Cable & Deadpool Issue # 10
  • Mad Cave Studios's Morning Star Issue # 1b
  • Ab3 12c Ent.'s The Nefarious Smyths TPB # 1b