feature requests

Seven to eternity (Comic Book Forums)

• Seven to eternity

Author Discussion
  • Posted: December 31, 2016 5:49:07 pm
  • I'm pretty disillusioned with marvel and dc right now. I've dropped pretty much everything except ASM and Batman. And I'm not really impressed with those either.

So I decided to start reading a random new book. I grabbed Seven to Eternity from Image. It's not the best story I've ever read so far, but I'm digging it. At least it's something different from SJW themes that marvel is pushing now.
  • Posted: January 1, 2017 2:06:03 pm
  • Wow, the price guide has issue #1 at $40+ for NM and upShocked
  • Posted: January 1, 2017 8:58:11 pm
  • Everyone has their own taste. Personally after over 30+ years of reading Amazing Spider-Man I feel like the most current run by Marvel is the worst. Current Batman is okay but New52 storylines were better. Never heard of Seven but nothing at Image really captures my attention right now. Walt Simonson's Ragnarok is pretty good if you're looking for something different.
    We strike hard and fade away into the night
  • Posted: January 5, 2017 5:11:22 pm
  • Really digging seven to eternity. I think its a short run though, meaning it isn't intended to be a long ongoing.

Also try Deadly Class, Saga, East of West and Rat Queens (although sadly this one is done) if you are looking for something different than the big two.

There are good marvel stories being told, but I agree the best ones aren't being told in the major books anymore. Some of the "second tier" books though (that aren't pulled into all the crossovers) are still pretty good. I'm really enjoying all new wolverine.
  • Posted: January 5, 2017 6:20:56 pm
  • Rapha1978 said:
    Everyone has their own taste. Personally after over 30+ years of reading Amazing Spider-Man I feel like the most current run by Marvel is the worst. Current Batman is okay but New52 storylines were better. Never heard of Seven but nothing at Image really captures my attention right now. Walt Simonson's Ragnarok is pretty good if you're looking for something different.

Batman hasn't been as good since new 52. I am waiting for them to circle back around to the three jokers thing. Maybe they did and I just missed it?

I dunno, nothing is really drawing me in. Seven to Eternity was a completely random book.....I saw it and said WTH. Pretty good though- sort of a fantasy western.
  • Posted: January 5, 2017 9:32:10 pm
  • Also really enjoying Seven to Eternity. The story reads well and personally I like the art. Looking forward to seeing where this story goes.
  • Posted: January 6, 2017 10:31:52 am
  • Tex75455 said:
    Really digging seven to eternity. I think its a short run though, meaning it isn't intended to be a long ongoing.

Also try Deadly Class, Saga, East of West and Rat Queens (although sadly this one is done) if you are looking for something different than the big two.

Rat Queens is coming back in March or so, new artist and renumbering to #1. I dropped it due to the artist change and it stopped being funny to me. I don't think I'll pick it back up.

I agree with your other choices though but a word of warning for East of West. It's one of those stories where you just have to know a lot won't make sense for a while, if ever. It demands rereads and patience, but the art is incredible. There's an issue around the 20s that is pretty much art only and it's spectacular.

Also, since the OP mention a Remender title, you should check out his other stuff. It's all top notch. I would say Deadly Class [as Tex mentioned] is the best because it has elements of everything: humor, sadness, action, twists ....

Low is another great one from Remender. Beautiful art and really good storytelling.

Last edited January 6, 2017 10:32:35 am
  • Posted: January 6, 2017 7:11:04 pm
  • A lot of people also like Black Science. I keep reading it but i dont like it as much as deadly class. Its ok. Its another one that probably does better with several reads, but I just dont have the time
  • Posted: January 6, 2017 7:12:49 pm
  • I thought rat queens was continuing as an online only thing. Ill be happy if they relaunch. The artist troubles really just killed that book, and I hate that.

I actually met/talked to for a while Kurtis Weibe at an event. Pretty cool guy.

EDIT: Just checked the news, and you are indeed correct about its impending return. You sir, have made my week!

Last edited January 6, 2017 7:20:00 pm
  • Posted: January 7, 2017 2:17:40 pm
  • Tex75455 said:
    A lot of people also like Black Science. I keep reading it but i dont like it as much as deadly class. Its ok. Its another one that probably does better with several reads, but I just dont have the time

I think every Remender book gets better with each read through, but Black Science's problem was I couldn't keep the characters straight until I reread it. With any ensemble book I think you should make each character very different looking so even people who read 50 books a month can easily remember who is who.

Tokyo Ghost was fantastic and while it's done now, he said they may do more in the future. But some of the art in that book ..... beautiful. I especially love the cover to #4.

http://covers2.cbrd.info/29b8d7a48b3cd4249234f47498ec49b7_xl.jpg

Last edited January 7, 2017 2:18:27 pm
  • Posted: January 27, 2017 6:40:42 am
  • fennrx said:
    Wow, the price guide has issue #1 at $40+ for NM and upShocked

$60Laughing
11 posts • Page 1 of 2
World Community Grid Logo
ComicBookRealm.com: 72 years, 190 days, 18 hours of Run Time
Help projects like: Smash Childhood Cancer, OpenZika, Help Stop TB, FightAIDS@Home - Phase 2, Outsmart Ebola Together, Mapping Cancer Markers, FightAIDS@Home
Join World Community Grid today!
When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
  • Newest
  • Killer Comics's Crucifix Executioner Issue # 8
  • Marvel Comics's Jackpot and Black Cat Issue # 1k
  • Rebellion's Judge Dredd Megazine Issue # 466
  • Marvel Comics's The Amazing Spider-Man Issue # 46e