feature requests

Amazing Spiderman Completists May/June 2016 (Comic Book Forums)

• Amazing Spiderman Completists May/June 2016

Author Discussion
  • Posted: May 21, 2016 6:03:09 pm
  • Just wondering who is still trying to grab them all.

Anyone here left?
  • Posted: May 22, 2016 11:47:40 am
  • Embarassed me
  • Posted: May 22, 2016 1:46:06 pm
  • Awesome. We need to continue to keep track of the store variants. ComicExposure had one recently(thank you Joe for the heads up on that one).
    Cant believe I do this for Spidey AND Bats! Sheesh!
  • Posted: May 22, 2016 3:01:06 pm
  • You are welcome. Does anyone have a ASM 667 Del Otto for sale?

• Posted: May 30, 2016 11:48:14 am
  • I'm still in the hunt as well. Appreciating this break in variants though after the onslaught that was '14 & '15

Wish I could help you out, Joe. There's one on eBay for $6,000 obo... Shocked

I'm still seeking someone willing to sell/trade for ASM 678. Probably falling on deaf ears, but I've got quite a few nice rare doubles for anyone interested, including some that have shot up lately like that ASM 688 Campbell. I'd make you a great deal too.
  • Posted: May 30, 2016 9:57:47 pm
  • If you are not too picky about what to use for a placeholder, there are foreign variants that have the 667 and 678 covers.

The Mexican 678 is nearly identical to the US version, the logo is in English. The Italian 667 is a little different due to the title being in Italian. Both can be purchased for a fraction of the US version.

• Posted: May 31, 2016 8:32:41 am
  • I'm still buying them as well. No where near hard core like I used to be.
  • Posted: June 6, 2016 5:25:20 pm
  • 2014/2015 were insane. I also remember the insanity of the 666 store variant craze. My , what was I thinking going after all of them!!!!!!
  • Posted: June 6, 2016 5:48:43 pm
  • With the Alex Ross covers that have been coming out since the relaunch, it really brings me back to the way that the early Spidey covers have that dynamic appeal. Honestly, they're better than any of the variants thus far, imo.

I have a sneaky suspicion that Volume 4 will continue until we get to about issue 40, when there will be some big reveal/change/(whatever Slott pulls out of his...) and we go back some abomination of the numbering system to get us to issue 800, similar to what led up to 500.

@Joe, unfortunately I'm a stickler for detail... elsewise I wouldn't be on this thread, haha. In the end, I'll probably end up selling my doubles and using that to go towards a ridiculously overpriced 678. Darn this completist vein!!! Because seriously... it's not that great of a cover, and there's so many NM CGC copies that the long term value just isn't there. It's just the source reference and the fact that anything Venom seems to sell for triple what they should be worth.
  • Posted: June 11, 2016 8:08:57 pm
  • fungineer said:
    With the Alex Ross covers that have been coming out since the relaunch, it really brings me back to the way that the early Spidey covers have that dynamic appeal. Honestly, they're better than any of the variants thus far, imo.

I have a sneaky suspicion that Volume 4 will continue until we get to about issue 40, when there will be some big reveal/change/(whatever Slott pulls out of his...) and we go back some abomination of the numbering system to get us to issue 800, similar to what led up to 500.

@Joe, unfortunately I'm a stickler for detail... elsewise I wouldn't be on this thread, haha. In the end, I'll probably end up selling my doubles and using that to go towards a ridiculously overpriced 678. Darn this completist vein!!! Because seriously... it's not that great of a cover, and there's so many NM CGC copies that the long term value just isn't there. It's just the source reference and the fact that anything Venom seems to sell for triple what they should be worth.

IF (And that is a BIG IF) Marvel decides to revert to the original volume #1 numbering I actually now believe they begin at 701 and none of the Superior OR 2014 & '15 (volumes 3 & 4 to us) will count...

Fungineer,

What issues are you missing? Do you have the 667 Dell'Otto and ALL the 666's?
345 posts • Page 1 of 35
World Community Grid Logo
ComicBookRealm.com: 72 years, 252 days, 5 hours of Run Time
Help projects like: Smash Childhood Cancer, OpenZika, Help Stop TB, FightAIDS@Home - Phase 2, Outsmart Ebola Together, Mapping Cancer Markers, FightAIDS@Home
Join World Community Grid today!
When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
  • Newest
  • Schanes & Schanes's Dark Suns of Gruaga Issue nn
  • Schanes & Schanes's Dreams of Avalon Issue nn
  • Marvel Comics's Ultimate Black Panther Issue # 3b
  • Marvel Comics's Wolverine: Weapon X Issue # 16b