feature requests

Spider Man #1 Cover Swipes / Homage Covers... (Comic Book Forums)

• Spider-Man #1 Cover Swipes / Homage Covers...

Author Discussion
  • Posted: August 3, 2015 2:35:37 pm
  • Simonjtaylor69 said:
    I have both the Australian supernova varients. They count in my opinion. Got them from USA on launch date and saw it for sale at comic con in UK last year as well

Both? Is there another Supanova? Or are you referring to the reg Choo variant? I bought the reg Choo variant in US and got the Supanova from AU.
    McFarlane Spider-Man #1 swipe/homage list can be found at thread below!
    https://comicbookrealm.com/topic/8/32284/spider-man-1-cover-swipes-homage-covers-2019-and-beyond/1#137499
  • Posted: August 3, 2015 2:39:49 pm
  • Don't know why I put both, yes I have the choo as well.
    The Australian was highly published on eBay before its release all from us sellers
  • Posted: August 3, 2015 3:15:38 pm
  • I'm only a few away from the full set listed, got gijoe delivered yesterday. Scatterbrain last hard 1 to find
    Anybody collect other swipes?
    Thinking spiderman 300 next seem a lot of swipes for that out there
  • Posted: August 3, 2015 5:24:41 pm
  • The only way I found the Scatterbrain, was I messaged anyone selling any Scatterbrain Markosia for the better part of a year and a half. I finally found someone absolutely awesome enough to dig through 1000s of their comics and found it for me. I have never seen it listed while active (sure I missed a couple). By far the hardest one to find for me. I have a feeling finding the Amiga giveaway Complete Spider-Man is going to be the same way too. That's all I need to complete the list, including the fringe comics.
    https://comicbookrealm.com/topic/8/32284/spider-man-1-cover-swipes-homage-covers-2019-and-beyond/1#137499
  • Posted: August 4, 2015 10:15:38 pm
  • All I need to complete my list is
    scatterbrain (its going to be a race to who sees it first)
    spawn 231b
    and Marvel Collectible Classics

I don't know how bothered I am about the fringe list. I have the mighty mouse but if im honest I really don't like it and im reluctant to get the sonic one because I see it as being a homage of a parody. Maybe im just being weird.

I may have to put the Marvel Collectible Classics on the back burner as well. My OCD says I must have it but my bank balance says calm down.
  • Posted: August 5, 2015 2:22:29 am
  • You can pick up collectable classics for a good price. Check out some of the UK listings on eBay. I got a second copy for £45 to resell and made a bit of profit, I've seen a few listings well below the us prices
  • Posted: August 5, 2015 7:33:19 pm
  • Off topic... but is anyone else getting semi-excited for the new Deadpool movie? Just watched the new trailer https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FyKWUTwSYAs...and as much as I am trying not to (Ryan Reynolds as Green Lantern affect), I am slowly getting hyped to watch it. I am a product of the 80s and 90s so Spider-Man, Punisher, and Moon Knight have always been my favorite "heroes", but as far as more modern characters (yes... I realize he appeared in the 90s...he wasn't on my radar), he has flown up my list of favorites and is right in the mix with the aforementioned 3.
  • Posted: August 6, 2015 4:36:08 pm
  • Yeah, im looking forward to seeing how it turns out, I hope they do a good job and people go and see it. I was aware of deadpool in the 90's but only started reading his stuff about 5 years ago and he has shot up my list of favourite hero's'. he's up there now with wolverine, hulk and batman. Also I read the complete hellblazer and preacher comics recently and have since become big fans of those, I was disappointed when the Constantine series wasn't picked up for a second series.
587 posts • Page 1 of 59
World Community Grid Logo
ComicBookRealm.com: 72 years, 186 days, 23 hours of Run Time
Help projects like: Smash Childhood Cancer, OpenZika, Help Stop TB, FightAIDS@Home - Phase 2, Outsmart Ebola Together, Mapping Cancer Markers, FightAIDS@Home
Join World Community Grid today!
When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
  • Newest
  • TokyoPop/Mixx's Acid Town Soft Cover # 5
  • Marvel Comics's Ghost Rider TPB # 4
  • Sofawolf Press's Heat Soft Cover # 11
  • DC Comics's Superman/Batman Issue # 8