feature requests

Spider Man #1 Cover Swipes / Homage Covers... (Comic Book Forums)

Author Spider-Man #1 Cover Swipes / Homage Covers...
Posted: July 25, 2015 12:40:26 pm
I agree radioactive man is loose at best but the signature box bottom right swung it for me

Avengers unconquered panini is a UK comic but as I'm in England it makes my list

Last edited July 25, 2015 12:43:30 pm
Posted: July 25, 2015 1:10:13 pm
You can either hit the "image" soft key to the bottom left of the typing box and paste the image URL between the inside brackets, or paste the link, highlight it, and then hit "image".

Last edited July 25, 2015 3:55:22 pm
McFarlane Spider-Man #1 swipe/homage list can be found at thread below!
http://comicbookrealm.com/topic/8/22901/spider-man-1-cover-swipes-homage-covers/1
Posted: July 25, 2015 1:37:48 pm

Its posting a link, do I need to do anything with the picture to get it to show

Last edited July 25, 2015 1:44:26 pm
Posted: July 25, 2015 2:05:29 pm
https://goo.gl/photos/z2ajCfMHu4dhdJpf6
Posted: July 25, 2015 3:53:59 pm
Copy and paste the link for the picture from the address bar of your browser, then highlight the whole link with your mouse, and hit the image button below the text box between "underline" and "url".

I tried to post your photo, but I don't know if Google allows because I cannot get yours to work!

Last edited July 26, 2015 8:01:50 am
http://comicbookrealm.com/topic/8/22901/spider-man-1-cover-swipes-homage-covers/1
Posted: July 25, 2015 7:28:07 pm
Hopefully this works. Looks like a UK comic.

www.SPIDERMANFAN.com -- A blog for Spider-Man comic book completists
Posted: July 26, 2015 6:44:37 am
im loving that this forum is kicking inti gear. the radioactiveman comic is a homage to spawn #1.
Posted: July 26, 2015 8:25:39 am
tabin78 said:
im loving that this forum is kicking inti gear. the radioactiveman comic is a homage to spawn #1.

Exactly right on both counts... I meant to counter the signature panel comment defending it above with the fact that McFarlane has used that similar signature panel a ton. I just couldn't place the cover... as soon as you said Spawn 1 I saw it.

I, also, like that we are getting some steam... would like to see a few more start coming in but I like the group of lingerers (<------ is that a word?) we have here so far. Damn near doubled the list in a matter of a couple months. I also like that this thread is popping up towards the top of any kind of McFarlane/swipe search through browsers and search engines.

I really want to thank everyone that has participated thus far... you all kick ass (no comic pun intended)!
Posted: July 26, 2015 9:57:03 am
Simonjtaylor: After contemplating the list, I am considering adding the Amiga Giveaway of The Complete Spider-Man... to make the list, I need the month and year of publication and the publisher (Marvel or Marvel UK). I am going to break a few comics from the list as fringe comics and this will be one since you had to buy a video game to get it. Also, I need a copy, so if you come across another, please consider your boy here! If you know of it's value, I can give you my price range if you come across one... I am good for it and am willing to pay reasonable costs (over book) to get it here.

ALL: As I stated above, I am going to break a few of these off to a 2nd list that will be posted with the main list. It is to contain anything foreign (non US), loose parodies, and anything on the debatable side. I would like input from a couple of you guys/gals to make this a consensus list. Can a couple of you please post the issues you would put in the fringe list (I will put my personal choices below). I would like to post an updated list by this Friday. Keep in mind Sonic the Hedgehog #95, Avengers Unconquered #30 (Marvel UK), Skin 13 #1/2a, and The Complete Spider-Man (Amiga Game Giveaway) are not reflected on the current lists yet.

My Fringe List Choices:
**The Complete Spider-Man #1 (Marvel UK w/ Patch) [Dec 90'; Marvel UK] *foreign

**The Complete Spider-Man NO# (Amiga PC Game Giveaway) [Marvel] *video game giveaway

**Mighty Mouse #6 [Mar 91'; Vol. 2; Marvel] *parody

**Sonic the Hedgehog #95 [June 01'; Archie] *parody

**Avengers Unconquered #30 [Apr 11'; Marvel UK] *foreign

**Amazing Spider-Man Vol:3 #1? (Choo B&W Supanova AU Variant) [June 14'; Vol. 3; Marvel] *foreign

**Spider-Gwen #1re (Warp 9 Exclusive Variant) [Apr 15'; Marvel] *close enough pose?

I am inclined to add the (3) Wolfskin covers to the list but the pose is very close. Any thoughts... let me know what you would add or take away and why. As I said, I would like to get the new list put up by this Friday/Saturday so any help would be appreciated.

If nobody adds or debates it, I will go forward with it myself but I don't want to hear any chirping after the fact if you don't give input and end up disagreeing.

Last edited July 26, 2015 9:23:38 pm
Posted: July 27, 2015 8:05:40 am
Just seen spawn 1 cover and I retract all comments made on radioactive man. I'll also be burning it later 😈

World Community Grid Logo
ComicBookRealm.com: 44 years, 43 days, 19 hours of Run Time

Help projects like: Smash Childhood Cancer, OpenZika, Help Stop TB, FightAIDS@Home - Phase 2, Outsmart Ebola Together, Mapping Cancer Markers, FightAIDS@Home

Join World Community Grid today!

CBR App on Android
CBR App on Android
Newest Covers
  • Marvel Comics's Black Panther: Soul of a Machine Issue # 1
  • Gilberton Publications's Classics Illustrated #77: The Illiad Issue # 1g
  • Titan Comics's The Death Of Stalin TPB # 1
  • BOOM! Studios's WWE Issue # 14
Cool Statues
Recently Rated
DC Comics's The Man of Steel Issue # 6
This comic was rated 4.0000 stars by 3 members