feature requests

Superior Spider Man (Comic Book Forums)

• Superior Spider-Man

Author Discussion
  • Posted: March 8, 2013 8:08:16 pm
  • I'm just creating this topic to get people opinion on the whole series.
    I was hating it thinking it was the worst ideal ever before it came out, now it's my favorite title and I can't wait till new issues come out. I'm honestly having more fun reading the Doc spider than I have Peter in maybe decades. Ever issue I'm more and more blown away and I can't wait to see where it goes now that he's killed someone.
    I honestly can't see how Peter could go back to being Spider-man, I know he will, but DocOck has done so much more with his powers and brains than Peter ever did. To me it would feel if Peter went back in his body soon that the character and comic would lose so much of what makes it fascinating to me.
    I just wonder what other people are thinking. Are others liking it as much as me?
  • Posted: March 8, 2013 8:59:56 pm
  • It's pretty good. I'm enjoying it but we'll see just how good it is when #9 comes out. That's when it comes to a head between PP and Doc Oc. It will also be interesting to see how they incorporate Age of Ultron as well since they sort of dropped that story after Ultron took over. I will say I don't care for the bi-weekly distribution.
    fsjeter's John Romita Sr Spider Man Covers album on Photobucket
  • Posted: March 8, 2013 9:10:05 pm
  • I'm with fsjeter, i'm anxious to how age of ultron plays out
  • Posted: March 8, 2013 9:31:36 pm
  • From what I've read Age of Ultron was written over 2 years ago, so the Spider-man in it is still Peter before they ever even planned on switching him. Also before the whole Cyclops evil Avengers vs X-Men, X-men Schism and Avengers team switch ups. So overall it might not have much of an impact on new titles. The ending is now being done by Quesada so maybe they changed the ending.
    Plus I thought it was weird, all these people dying and NYC destroyed and it's set in todays time. Nothing I saw for any comics have the city destroyed that's not part of the crossover. I wonder if it will be filled with time travel and all.
  • Posted: March 8, 2013 9:36:41 pm
  • I can't believe I'm about to say this but I'm really into Superior Spider Ock. It's easily my favorite comic at the moment. Did you read Avengers #6...? He stole Sunspot or Cannonballs food out of the fridge then basically told them to go to as he ate it...lolLaughing Spider-Ock's actions are so uncharacteristic of Peter it's great! I have to say I love the fact it's a bi-weekly release as I cant get enough of it.Smile It's not going to last forever. We all no that peter will be back sooner than later. Most likely sooner.

• Posted: March 8, 2013 9:51:21 pm
  • They are working on Spider-men 2 now, a new mini series for later this year. It would be cool if peter comes back and the ock spiderman goes to the ultimate universe, or something like that so they can keep him, keep him how he is and not change anything. I really am hoping they don't bring peter back anytime soon.
  • Posted: March 8, 2013 11:06:02 pm
  • So is the Spiderman in Avengers now Ock? It hasnt been clear, and I read somewhere that so far its actually still peter in the avengers titles. Its been me off because they write him horribly.
  • Posted: March 9, 2013 9:28:42 am
  • Tex75455 said:
    So is the Spiderman in Avengers now Ock? It hasnt been clear, and I read somewhere that so far its actually still peter in the avengers titles. Its been me off because they write him horribly.

The way he's portrayed in the Avengers it can't be Peter.? Plus the Avengers are on the cover of Superior Spider-Man #7 so they've been worked into the storyline. If it is still Peter in the Avengers titles he's being written terribly out of character.

Last edited March 9, 2013 9:32:23 am

• Posted: March 9, 2013 11:11:49 am
  • I hated the idea originally but I like it as long as they bring peter back it is a great story thus far and it is exciting. The thing this will teach Peter is he can lay it out on the bad guys a little more I think. I am not a fan of Doc Ock as Spider-Man and I hope this comes to an end. Peter is the one and only and there is no need for Ock to stay other than to be in Parkers life long enough to make Spider-Man a menace again.
  • Posted: March 9, 2013 11:24:49 pm
  • SteveC said:
    Tex75455 said:
    So is the Spiderman in Avengers now Ock? It hasnt been clear, and I read somewhere that so far its actually still peter in the avengers titles. Its been me off because they write him horribly.
    The way he's portrayed in the Avengers it can't be Peter.? Plus the Avengers are on the cover of Superior Spider-Man #7 so they've been worked into the storyline. If it is still Peter in the Avengers titles he's being written terribly out of character.

I dont know if theyve made the shift yet, but I know I read an article where the writers said that for at least the first arcf it would still be peter. He was definitely written out of character there (ex they said he joined the avengers for money... to be honest neither Peter nor Otto would join for money, not in character for either...)
  • Posted: March 10, 2013 3:16:49 am
  • Yeah I know at one point it's Ock, he's Ock when the Avengers fire him
  • Posted: March 10, 2013 11:50:40 am
  • When Spidey talked to Cannonball and Sunspot, In my mind it was doc Ock because of the new (superior) costume.
  • Posted: March 10, 2013 12:23:18 pm
  • this book is so cliche' and I have read the issues, but they hold zero meaning to me. I am very tied to my "amazing" books and they honestly are a part of my childhood and life. This title is nothing more than "web of" or "spectacular" was to me.

If the end goal here was to turn "Spidey" back to the early years where the Bugle portrayed him as a menace then I am only "ok" with the idea since you would think over the decades people "figured out" spidey to be a hero not a menace. I suppose I am in the minority here when I say (feelings aside) I am unimpressed by Dan Slott's writing and ideas.

Here is to praying this title will end in the near future and the characters we grew to love in the Marvel universe are brought back to respectability not to mention Marvel hires new creative writers. Peter Parker was a one of a kind hero when he was created and it is not the Parker character to blame, but the horrible writers who have been associated with the Amazing title ever since Brand New Day, IMO.
  • Posted: March 10, 2013 2:49:35 pm
  • I agree with the Lizard as I think most probably do on some level. It is what it is and we cannot change it just have to go with the flow, over all the stories are not horrible and I think will ultimately tie back into Amazing. When it does it will bring a richness to the title. Besides this thing with Doc Ock will not continue forever just until Amazing Spider-Man 2 come out. At lease that is what the majority of us have predicted.
  • Posted: March 10, 2013 2:55:43 pm
  • It would be interesting if Peter comes back and takes over and then it's set up like it is now, where instead of a ghost Peter it's a ghost Ock telling him to do bad stuff manipulating him. That would be funny
  • Posted: March 10, 2013 3:01:36 pm
  • I think that could be a possibility but this story is really dumb in general. I seen an interview with Slott a while back and he said something that "it was not like Amazing never ended before." Almost like he was saying we will end Amazing but don't worry it will be back eventually. I have never been a Doc Ock fan so this whole thing is really dumb for me anyway but the story has not been bad.

I am still very bitter about Amazing.
  • Posted: March 10, 2013 8:42:10 pm
  • They will bring Amazing Spider-man back sometime before the new movie. If they ended it and just relaunched it with a new #1 people would be mad and upset, doing a break like this it gets people talking and will have a much higher sell rate and interest if there's a gap. Sometimes when they end a series and restart it the next month with a new #1 there's no interest and they lose sales. It happened when they relaunched Wolverine about 10 years ago. The #1 issue sold less than the last issue from the first series the month before.
    It's all a marketing trade that's working. Plus I like how they did it this way. Then Amazing could always be just Peter's title. Use other ones for fill in characters.
  • Posted: March 10, 2013 8:48:54 pm
  • Yeah they will do a new ASM 1 and then at some point they will renumber and then incorporate Superior to tie in together with ASM to show continuity. I have long held the perspective that "The Superior Spider-Man" will be crossed out or something and then say Amazing in place perhaps with the 1.

Not sure how but I am thinking Superior will be included in the ASM run at some point.
  • Posted: March 11, 2013 12:41:54 pm
  • I agree with echo, there will be a gap before a new Amazing title in order to build anticipation. Sometime when a series, which I used to buy more on habits than love for the story, is ending, , I will not buy the new #1 the month after.
    A gap is necessary if to make me interested in the book again (or just make me forget the poor stories before the end).
  • Posted: March 12, 2013 6:51:04 am
  • I'd be perfectly happy if they didn't go back to Amazing Spider-man. They could just leave it as Superior Spider-man. Peter will most likely learn some things from Doc that will undoubtedly make him a better Spider-man than he was before so it would make sense.
    "You will soon see the distinct advantages of having no scruples whatsoever!" - Cobra Commander
  • Posted: March 15, 2013 10:40:30 pm
  • Its too hard for me to think of a world without Amazing. Its a real downer.
  • Posted: March 16, 2013 4:39:37 am
  • OK just read Superior 5 and all I have to say is its pathetic. Slob I mean Slott has went too far and it appears there is nothing sacred. This book is complete over priced . I am still buying it because I do not want a gap in my run ONCE THEY GO BACK TO AMAZING and they WILL especially after reading this book.

I know a lot of people out there like this sort of stuff but it is just too far from Amazing and tarnishes a character that should not have been. Especially in a day and age where people still need hope, dreams and inspiration. Part of a bigger story line or not its too much.

Hoping for this titles massive sale failure.

• Posted: March 16, 2013 7:25:34 am
  • SilentAssassin said:

You got a lot of hoping to do... The only comics that out sold Superior Spider Man last month were Justice Leage Of America #1, Uncanny X-Men #1, Batman#17 and Justice League#17. Superior Spider #3 did 65.57 and Superior Spider #4 did 63.64... It's one of the best selling comics. It's not going to be sales that bring it down. You better hope for massive boycott Smile

• Posted: March 16, 2013 11:36:17 am
  • SilentAssassin said:
    ONCE THEY GO BACK TO AMAZING and they WILL especially after reading this book.

Why especially after this book?

Last edited March 16, 2013 11:36:48 am
  • Posted: March 16, 2013 1:59:32 pm
  • What might happen which has been suggested and hinted at in a few places i read, was at the end of Age of Ultron I read it might wipe everything in the Marvel universe clean and restart everything like the did with DC/NewDC universe. So that way it would be peter back and everything starting fresh.
    I honestly don't know if that will happen, I can see from some storylines that happening, but overall I don't think it will because of Marvel Now and all the new #1's. It would be weird for less than a year later to restart everything again.
    But doing that would erase all the bad Spider-man stuff. Peter will be back regardless, I think it will be cool when he comes back, he was always considered a menace before, now he'd have to prove more than ever he's not and have a ton to make up for. He'd have to redeem himself like he's never done which I think would make for good storytelling.
  • Posted: March 16, 2013 7:16:55 pm
  • SteveC said:
    SilentAssassin said:

You got a lot of hoping to do... The only comics that out sold Superior Spider Man last month were Justice Leage Of America #1, Uncanny X-Men #1, Batman#17 and Justice League#17. Superior Spider #3 did 65.57 and Superior Spider #4 did 63.64... It's one of the best selling comics. It's not going to be sales that bring it down. You better hope for massive boycott Smile

That was before Spider-Man (OCK) killed someone with a GUN! I know its setting up things for a great story in the long run but that was just wrong. Beat someone to death or whatever but for a super hero on the scale of Spider-Man, Batman, Superman etc to use a gun is just sick.

Punisher is fine using a gun and all those type of heroes but not the caliber hero of Spider-Man.

The whole Doc Ock thing is already getting old fast.
  • Posted: March 16, 2013 10:19:16 pm
  • but the whole thing, all the stories is it's not Spider-man, it's not Peter Parker, some people already guess it's not him and are looking into it. But that's what the whole stories are about is that it's not him and that's what's making it interesting
  • Posted: March 16, 2013 10:43:51 pm
  • Agreed on the interesting part but still wrong though. There is enough of the real world stuff on the news which is depressing enough. They should have done it a different way anyway.
  • Posted: March 16, 2013 11:35:41 pm
  • once or twice, I have one issue anyways at least where Peter did actually kill someone and it was never erased or undone or had the person come back

Last edited March 16, 2013 11:36:02 pm
  • Posted: March 17, 2013 8:26:17 am
  • SilentAssassin said:
    OK just read Superior 5 and all I have to say is its pathetic. Slob I mean Slott has went too far and it appears there is nothing sacred. This book is complete over priced . I am still buying it because I do not want a gap in my run ONCE THEY GO BACK TO AMAZING and they WILL especially after reading this book.

I know a lot of people out there like this sort of stuff but it is just too far from Amazing and tarnishes a character that should not have been. Especially in a day and age where people still need hope, dreams and inspiration. Part of a bigger story line or not its too much.

Hi SA,

As you know, you and I are in agreement regarding our feelings, but one thing you keep bringing up which I will never understand or agree with is your "RUN" not being complete if you stop buying Superior. Correct me if I am wrong, but the title doesn't say "Amazing" right? Who cares if they continued the story...they have done this countless times in crossovers and unless you have every comic that Spidey made an appearance (according to your logic) you do not have a "complete" run.

The only way to put actions to your words is to STOP buying. I am not trying to attack you as I was the same as you in the fact that I began buying Superior because after all I am a Spidey collector at heart. However, a strange thing happened yesterday as I walked into my local comic shop. I looked at the issue, then looked at the third print and looked at my wallet. I said to myself, this is sick, I have far more important things to spend money on and this will not tarnish my collection if I do not have these mass produced issues which IMO will never be worth squat 10 years from now. Value aside, I neevr cared about what a book/collectible was worth as I collect because I love my hobby, but my point is you will be able to buy these issues in the $0.50 box at a comic con in the future, trust me. I can say now that I do not regret my decision to stop collecting this book. Whether or not anyone agrees with me, the one and only "true" Spider-Man will always be Peter Parker and he is the "Amazing" Spider-Man NOT Ultimate, Spectacular, Superior, etc.

'Nuff' Said
  • Posted: March 17, 2013 10:18:07 am
  • LovetheLizard said:
    SilentAssassin said:
    OK just read Superior 5 and all I have to say is its pathetic. Slob I mean Slott has went too far and it appears there is nothing sacred. This book is complete over priced . I am still buying it because I do not want a gap in my run ONCE THEY GO BACK TO AMAZING and they WILL especially after reading this book.

Hi SA,

As you know, you and I are in agreement regarding our feelings, but one thing you keep bringing up which I will never understand or agree with is your "RUN" not being complete if you stop buying Superior. Correct me if I am wrong, but the title doesn't say "Amazing" right? Who cares if they continued the story...they have done this countless times in crossovers and unless you have every comic that Spidey made an appearance (according to your logic) you do not have a "complete" run.

In my mind a complete run of a title is having all the issues in the storyline. It's happened in other series, and could happen here, where the STORY is:

ASM 1-700
    Superior 1-49
    ASM 750-current.

If someone wanted to read the story from beginning to end, you would need Superior 1-49. So a complete run would not be complete without those. I would argue a complete run does not care what the title says but instead follows the main narrative.

Spect. and Web and the others were always satellite titles, not the main narrative so those wouldn't count.

Last edited March 17, 2013 10:18:34 am
  • Posted: March 17, 2013 11:18:12 am
  • i doubt they'll count superiors numbers with amazing. when amazing comes back i'm sure it will be with #1. then probably after awhile go back to the old numbers, but i doubt they'll count superior. It's not peter
  • Posted: March 17, 2013 12:38:49 pm
  • abysslord said:
    LovetheLizard said:
    SilentAssassin said:

Hi SA,

In my mind a complete run of a title is having all the issues in the storyline. It's happened in other series, and could happen here, where the STORY is:

ASM 1-700
    Superior 1-49
    ASM 750-current.

If someone wanted to read the story from beginning to end, you would need Superior 1-49. So a complete run would not be complete without those. I would argue a complete run does not care what the title says but instead follows the main narrative.

Spect. and Web and the others were always satellite titles, not the main narrative so those wouldn't count.

We've seen stranger things from Marvel when it comes to numbering and re-numbering... Remember this one...?

Wolverine vol.2 (189)
    Wolverine vol.3 (74)
    Wolverine Weapon X (16)
    Wolverine vol. 4 (20)
    Back to Wolverine Vol.2 #300-317 ...

I wouldn't put it past Marvel to incorporate Superior Spider into the original ASM numbering.

Last edited March 17, 2013 12:41:05 pm

• Posted: March 17, 2013 1:00:10 pm
  • I might be wrong on this, i did read the last issue, but didn't it end where you don't ever see him shoot the bad guy, and you never see his body?? I know people said he killed him, but wasn't it never shown?
  • Posted: March 17, 2013 7:22:45 pm
  • I have always thought and will continue to think that "The Superior Spider-Man" is one degree from "The Amazing Spider-Man". When Marvel goes back it will be Amazing with a number 1 then at some point 7 hundred something.

Some may not count it and that is fine but the Amazing series will be incomplete jumping from 700 to 750.

I could stop buying but I probably will not it is what it is and I have to deal. I am surprised that the only variants for Superior has been 1:50s and they have slowed WAY down.
  • Posted: March 17, 2013 7:31:05 pm
  • I'm pretty sure they do...? There's a panel with Spider-Man pressing the barrel of the gun against Massacre's head. Than in the next panel you see Spider-Man still holding the gun as it fires. You don't see him out right blow his brains out but it gets the point across.

• Posted: March 17, 2013 7:49:24 pm
  • SilentAssassin said:
    I am surprised that the only variants for Superior has been 1:50s and they have slowed WAY down.

How do ya figure that's slowing way down? They've had a variant issue's for every issue so far? Thank they've only been 1:50's. It's been pretty easy to stay caught up. Ounce you get into 1 and 100 and 200's it can get pricey and the fact Superior Spider-Man seems to come out every other week could make this an expensive book to stay on top of.

• Posted: March 17, 2013 8:52:33 pm
  • Out of all heroes and comics, and I do have over 15,000 comics and over 400 graphic novels and read way more than that, Spider-man I would have to say is my favorite character and always will be. I know superior will be a short thing and is overall a stunt, but honestly there are lots of haters and i was at first too, but i'm completely loving this, it's given me more excitement for the character than i've had in decades maybe. It's honestly the title i look most forward to reading each month. i know without a doubt it wont be long before peters back and everything is back to the same old way it's always been. but this change is nice.
  • Posted: March 18, 2013 7:20:04 am
  • echo said:
    I know superior will be a short thing and is overall a stunt, but honestly there are lots of haters and i was at first too, but i'm completely loving this, it's given me more excitement for the character than i've had in decades maybe. It's honestly the title i look most forward to reading each month. i know without a doubt it wont be long before peters back and everything is back to the same old way it's always been. but this change is nice.

I agree. I think once we've returned to the same ol Spider-Man and look back on Superior Slott should start getting some of the credit he deserves. The haters will have there old Spider-Man back and be able to look at Superior Spider-Man objectively. It should go down as a classic... IMO It really is a unique piece.

Last edited March 18, 2013 7:24:46 am

• Posted: March 18, 2013 12:58:16 pm
  • I do not hate Superior, or Slott's run in general. I think it's a good and generally enjoyable but nothing more. After the mess that was BND, Slott was refreshing and what I said, enjoyable. It's like Michelinie for me. I do not consider him one of my favorite writers, I would not follow him in whatever he writes (like I do with JMD, PAD and others) but what he writes is not bad.

The thing that pains me and mades me sometimes consider droping the title is that 8 euros a month is too much, if it was a 2.99 I would be much better.

However this reminds me of work. I am a mucisian, and many times you do stuff for free, cause I like doing what I do, and I enjoy it, either way. Problem is that bosses are using this excuse as to gain more money and not pay. Such is the way here, publishers know that collectors will not want to have a gap in their collection, and play with your love for a character.
  • Posted: March 18, 2013 3:26:34 pm
  • I loved Micheline's run on the Amazing a ton. JMS I completely loved so much when he started, the whole Aunt May thing could never have been done better and I was how they erased that, I never cared much for May, her character never changed in all those decades, when he wrote her I completely loved her, seeing how strong she was and sticking up for Peter and everything, It made me love the character for the first time ever after reading literally hundreds of comics and cartoon shows with her. But as the years went on JMS's stories started getting worse and worse to me, and I didn't like how they were all going away from more real life to more mystical. I couldn't stand the whole Norman Osbourne impregnating Gwen storyline and I think JMS wanted to have the kids actually be Peter's kids. Also the whole Peter morphing into a more Spider Character in the Other long crossover was horrible also.
  • Posted: March 20, 2013 7:00:15 am
  • Personally I thought Micheline is overated, however I do not consider his run to be awful, or bad, I think it's good, just not stellar, like JMDematteis (echo, I am not sure if you were confused I said JMD, not JMS, if you were refering to me) or others. JMS on the other hand is a very different story. I didn't love his first part of his run, but I though he handled some situations amazingly, meaning, all the situations that had to do with Peter Parker. I did not cared that much for Morlun or Ezekiel, except that I was intrigued at first because I was relativly new at the comics then and I thought he had something to do with Ben Reilly. Either way his mystical stuff was good as a concept, but so bad in execution. For me, if he had let it as an hypothesis it would be way better. Like what that indian or whatever he is at the end of The Book of Ezekiel, something like "you may believe science, I may believe magic, the end result is the same".
  • Posted: March 20, 2013 10:29:38 am
  • no, I meant JMS, I was just going on to a writer I liked. Michelinie isn't my favorite Spider-man writer but I truly loved the stories, plus they were mostly stand alone issues and brought back all the classic villains which I loved. Yes there were longer stories he wrote, but I loved the stand alone issues which there were many.
  • Posted: March 23, 2013 2:20:53 pm
  • I liked the new issue. At first it was just OK, but once he started fighting the 2 jokers it was funny. I loved the girl screaming he punched her in the . Plus the paint was funny.
  • Posted: March 25, 2013 1:37:46 pm
  • You guys really think that Superior is going to turn back into ASM? I'm trying to figure out how could they bring Parker back into the story. But!.....its a story, they can figure out a way. That's if they decide to go that route. It may very well stay at Superior. It just could be a way for Marvel to bring Spider-man into the Marvel Now or "re-launch". I mean how else would they have done it? Meaning to make a #1 and new story. When the "Marvel Now" starts to be the norm, and they get rid of the "Marvel Now" mark, maybe we will see ASM make a come back. Or maybe Stan Lee had something to do with it, since he did create the character. I know that Alex is EIC, but Stan has to have some sort of ties to Spider-man.
  • Posted: March 25, 2013 1:58:46 pm
  • Gabe$$ said:
    You guys really think that Superior is going to turn back into ASM? I'm trying to figure out how could they bring Parker back into the story.

He's already back in Smile

It's still Peter's body and his "spirit" or whatever is still in the brain. All they need to do is have him take control and wipe out or move Ock's "spirit" into something else. That's the simple fix, but they can do other things.
  • Posted: March 25, 2013 3:12:53 pm
  • I think it's a given Peter will be back as Spider-Man. As far as the title even with Peter back in his body he can still be "Superior". I'm not convinced they'll be so quick to change the title of one of the best selling comic books...? Superior's making a name for itself as a top seller.

• Posted: March 25, 2013 3:48:46 pm
  • Yeah with the huge success they wont be dropping it anytime soon, i'm sure they were figuring out a way to extend doc-spidey as well. i'm sure they will keep superior and have amazing, superior is too big a seller to get rid of, it's selling better than amazing did in a long, long time maybe decades. Peter will be back maybe in a year would be my guess, he will be back before spiderman 2 as to not confuse new readers that might come on for when the sequel comes out.
  • Posted: March 28, 2013 6:24:57 pm
  • The most common tactic on those things is: Take a lemon. Slice it in two. Sell it as seperate lemons. That means that I think they will find a way for Spidey Ock to have his own book/keep superior, and Peter back as Spidey probably in ASM, so they can have two 3.99 books with two issues a month that sell well. How that will happen, I have no idea, but they do stuff like that all the time.
  • Posted: March 28, 2013 8:30:50 pm
  • matthewaos said:
    The most common tactic on those things is: Take a lemon. Slice it in two. Sell it as seperate lemons. That means that I think they will find a way for Spidey Ock to have his own book/keep superior, and Peter back as Spidey probably in ASM, so they can have two 3.99 books with two issues a month that sell well. How that will happen, I have no idea, but they do stuff like that all the time.
    Oh, you know this is the dream situation for Marvel.
    ASM will be back within a year, I think.
  • Posted: March 30, 2013 4:44:29 pm
  • Yes, an example would be Avengers. They split the team, have the NA running around, after quite a while everything is good and Osborn defeated. So now let's have 4 Avengers books!!!
    My guess is that if marvel can find a believable enough story to keep both around and have two spider-man books a month for 3.99 they will most probably do it.

As I said the most bitter thing about Spider-Man is that it's 8 euros a month.
  • Posted: April 5, 2013 2:07:19 pm
  • I find it weird that so many people are complaining about this comic coming out two times a month. This and All-New X-Men. for many many years Amazing Spiderman came out 3 times a month, sometimes 4 I think. At the same time there was also Web of Spider-man and Peter Parker Spiderman as well. The Amazing being 3 times a month worked well for Marvel and I don't remember people complaining about that anything like this. Superior is selling way better than Amazing did back then yet tons of people are giving it for coming out just two times a month.
    It seems no one is happy at any plan Marvel makes.
  • Posted: April 5, 2013 6:06:51 pm
  • Well let's keep this in perspective. For me, If I have a limited amount I can spend on comics, and I do, I would rather spread it over several titles a month than spend it on one or two titles a month. Not to mention, opening up the printing presses like this can't be too good for the industry. Quality over quanity.
    fsjeter's John Romita Sr Spider Man Covers album on Photobucket
  • Posted: April 5, 2013 11:10:42 pm
  • echo said:
    I find it weird that so many people are complaining about this comic coming out two times a month. This and All-New X-Men. for many many years Amazing Spiderman came out 3 times a month, sometimes 4 I think. At the same time there was also Web of Spider-man and Peter Parker Spiderman as well. The Amazing being 3 times a month worked well for Marvel and I don't remember people complaining about that anything like this. Superior is selling way better than Amazing did back then yet tons of people are giving it for coming out just two times a month.
    It seems no one is happy at any plan Marvel makes.

I don't think All New X-Men is twice a month? It's been on a 1, 2, 1, 2 release schedule. Number 10 is the only one scheduled for release this month... Next month we get 11 and 12. Smile

• Posted: April 7, 2013 7:01:43 pm
  • junobeach said:
    matthewaos said:
    The most common tactic on those things is: Take a lemon. Slice it in two. Sell it as seperate lemons. That means that I think they will find a way for Spidey Ock to have his own book/keep superior, and Peter back as Spidey probably in ASM, so they can have two 3.99 books with two issues a month that sell well. How that will happen, I have no idea, but they do stuff like that all the time.

It will be back in time for ASM the movie 2 no doubt. This is the top selling book still FOR NOW. As always the books get into higher numbers and tailor off so its a matter of time. This story will eventually get old. As for rebooting Amazing these Superiors I believe will be counted as part of the overall ASM run at some point and the new ASM 1 will be massive but ultimately will just be part of the overall run.
  • Posted: April 7, 2013 10:23:08 pm
  • SilentAssassin said:
    junobeach said:
    matthewaos said:

It will be back in time for ASM the movie 2 no doubt. This is the top selling book still FOR NOW. As always the books get into higher numbers and tailor off so its a matter of time. This story will eventually get old. As for rebooting Amazing these Superiors I believe will be counted as part of the overall ASM run at some point and the new ASM 1 will be massive but ultimately will just be part of the overall run.

I'm not so optimistic ASM will be back by the time the sequel to ASM roles around? Marvel might be looking to extend Superior Spider the way it's caught on? It's really on a roll... I don't see them pulling the plug on a top seller. We'll see ASM again. It's just not going to be until Superior hits a cold patch or really starts to drop off in sales?

• Posted: April 7, 2013 10:26:32 pm
  • I am an optimist and I believe!
  • Posted: April 7, 2013 11:58:37 pm
  • I said this in another post awhile ago, but I think it would be so awesome if ASM 2 that all the flashback scenes of Peter as a kid was now replaced with a new actor fat kid with glasses. No matter how bad it would be I would love to see that.
    Then only comic followers would get it and have all others asking WTF? and get them to read the comics to figure it out
58 posts • Page 1 of 6
World Community Grid Logo
ComicBookRealm.com: 72 years, 186 days, 23 hours of Run Time
Help projects like: Smash Childhood Cancer, OpenZika, Help Stop TB, FightAIDS@Home - Phase 2, Outsmart Ebola Together, Mapping Cancer Markers, FightAIDS@Home
Join World Community Grid today!
When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
  • Newest
  • Entropy Enterprises's Entropy Tales Issue # 4
  • Sofawolf Press's Heat Soft Cover # 12
  • David Heath Jr.'s No Sex Issue # 6
  • DC Comics's Superman/Batman Issue # 12