feature requests

Superior Spider Man (Comic Book Forums)

• Superior Spider-Man

Author Discussion
  • Posted: March 17, 2013 10:18:07 am
  • LovetheLizard said:
    SilentAssassin said:
    OK just read Superior 5 and all I have to say is its pathetic. Slob I mean Slott has went too far and it appears there is nothing sacred. This book is complete over priced . I am still buying it because I do not want a gap in my run ONCE THEY GO BACK TO AMAZING and they WILL especially after reading this book.

I know a lot of people out there like this sort of stuff but it is just too far from Amazing and tarnishes a character that should not have been. Especially in a day and age where people still need hope, dreams and inspiration. Part of a bigger story line or not its too much.

Hoping for this titles massive sale failure.

Hi SA,

As you know, you and I are in agreement regarding our feelings, but one thing you keep bringing up which I will never understand or agree with is your "RUN" not being complete if you stop buying Superior. Correct me if I am wrong, but the title doesn't say "Amazing" right? Who cares if they continued the story...they have done this countless times in crossovers and unless you have every comic that Spidey made an appearance (according to your logic) you do not have a "complete" run.

In my mind a complete run of a title is having all the issues in the storyline. It's happened in other series, and could happen here, where the STORY is:

ASM 1-700
    Superior 1-49
    ASM 750-current.

If someone wanted to read the story from beginning to end, you would need Superior 1-49. So a complete run would not be complete without those. I would argue a complete run does not care what the title says but instead follows the main narrative.

Spect. and Web and the others were always satellite titles, not the main narrative so those wouldn't count.

Last edited March 17, 2013 10:18:34 am
  • Posted: March 17, 2013 11:18:12 am
  • i doubt they'll count superiors numbers with amazing. when amazing comes back i'm sure it will be with #1. then probably after awhile go back to the old numbers, but i doubt they'll count superior. It's not peter
  • Posted: March 17, 2013 12:38:49 pm
  • abysslord said:
    LovetheLizard said:
    SilentAssassin said:
    OK just read Superior 5 and all I have to say is its pathetic. Slob I mean Slott has went too far and it appears there is nothing sacred. This book is complete over priced . I am still buying it because I do not want a gap in my run ONCE THEY GO BACK TO AMAZING and they WILL especially after reading this book.

I know a lot of people out there like this sort of stuff but it is just too far from Amazing and tarnishes a character that should not have been. Especially in a day and age where people still need hope, dreams and inspiration. Part of a bigger story line or not its too much.

Hoping for this titles massive sale failure.

Hi SA,

As you know, you and I are in agreement regarding our feelings, but one thing you keep bringing up which I will never understand or agree with is your "RUN" not being complete if you stop buying Superior. Correct me if I am wrong, but the title doesn't say "Amazing" right? Who cares if they continued the story...they have done this countless times in crossovers and unless you have every comic that Spidey made an appearance (according to your logic) you do not have a "complete" run.

In my mind a complete run of a title is having all the issues in the storyline. It's happened in other series, and could happen here, where the STORY is:

ASM 1-700
    Superior 1-49
    ASM 750-current.

If someone wanted to read the story from beginning to end, you would need Superior 1-49. So a complete run would not be complete without those. I would argue a complete run does not care what the title says but instead follows the main narrative.

Spect. and Web and the others were always satellite titles, not the main narrative so those wouldn't count.

We've seen stranger things from Marvel when it comes to numbering and re-numbering... Remember this one...?

Wolverine vol.2 (189)
    Wolverine vol.3 (74)
    Wolverine Weapon X (16)
    Wolverine vol. 4 (20)
    Back to Wolverine Vol.2 #300-317 ...

I wouldn't put it past Marvel to incorporate Superior Spider into the original ASM numbering.

Last edited March 17, 2013 12:41:05 pm

• Posted: March 17, 2013 1:00:10 pm
  • I might be wrong on this, i did read the last issue, but didn't it end where you don't ever see him shoot the bad guy, and you never see his body?? I know people said he killed him, but wasn't it never shown?
  • Posted: March 17, 2013 7:22:45 pm
  • I have always thought and will continue to think that "The Superior Spider-Man" is one degree from "The Amazing Spider-Man". When Marvel goes back it will be Amazing with a number 1 then at some point 7 hundred something.

Some may not count it and that is fine but the Amazing series will be incomplete jumping from 700 to 750.

I could stop buying but I probably will not it is what it is and I have to deal. I am surprised that the only variants for Superior has been 1:50s and they have slowed WAY down.
  • Posted: March 17, 2013 7:31:05 pm
  • I'm pretty sure they do...? There's a panel with Spider-Man pressing the barrel of the gun against Massacre's head. Than in the next panel you see Spider-Man still holding the gun as it fires. You don't see him out right blow his brains out but it gets the point across.

• Posted: March 17, 2013 7:49:24 pm
  • SilentAssassin said:
    I am surprised that the only variants for Superior has been 1:50s and they have slowed WAY down.

How do ya figure that's slowing way down? They've had a variant issue's for every issue so far? Thank they've only been 1:50's. It's been pretty easy to stay caught up. Ounce you get into 1 and 100 and 200's it can get pricey and the fact Superior Spider-Man seems to come out every other week could make this an expensive book to stay on top of.

• Posted: March 17, 2013 8:52:33 pm
  • Out of all heroes and comics, and I do have over 15,000 comics and over 400 graphic novels and read way more than that, Spider-man I would have to say is my favorite character and always will be. I know superior will be a short thing and is overall a stunt, but honestly there are lots of haters and i was at first too, but i'm completely loving this, it's given me more excitement for the character than i've had in decades maybe. It's honestly the title i look most forward to reading each month. i know without a doubt it wont be long before peters back and everything is back to the same old way it's always been. but this change is nice.
  • Posted: March 18, 2013 7:20:04 am
  • echo said:
    I know superior will be a short thing and is overall a stunt, but honestly there are lots of haters and i was at first too, but i'm completely loving this, it's given me more excitement for the character than i've had in decades maybe. It's honestly the title i look most forward to reading each month. i know without a doubt it wont be long before peters back and everything is back to the same old way it's always been. but this change is nice.

I agree. I think once we've returned to the same ol Spider-Man and look back on Superior Slott should start getting some of the credit he deserves. The haters will have there old Spider-Man back and be able to look at Superior Spider-Man objectively. It should go down as a classic... IMO It really is a unique piece.

Last edited March 18, 2013 7:24:46 am

• Posted: March 18, 2013 12:58:16 pm
  • I do not hate Superior, or Slott's run in general. I think it's a good and generally enjoyable but nothing more. After the mess that was BND, Slott was refreshing and what I said, enjoyable. It's like Michelinie for me. I do not consider him one of my favorite writers, I would not follow him in whatever he writes (like I do with JMD, PAD and others) but what he writes is not bad.

The thing that pains me and mades me sometimes consider droping the title is that 8 euros a month is too much, if it was a 2.99 I would be much better.

However this reminds me of work. I am a mucisian, and many times you do stuff for free, cause I like doing what I do, and I enjoy it, either way. Problem is that bosses are using this excuse as to gain more money and not pay. Such is the way here, publishers know that collectors will not want to have a gap in their collection, and play with your love for a character.
58 posts • Page 1 of 6
World Community Grid Logo
ComicBookRealm.com: 72 years, 252 days, 5 hours of Run Time
Help projects like: Smash Childhood Cancer, OpenZika, Help Stop TB, FightAIDS@Home - Phase 2, Outsmart Ebola Together, Mapping Cancer Markers, FightAIDS@Home
Join World Community Grid today!
When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
  • Newest
  • DC Comics's Batman / Superman: World's Finest Issue # 26g
  • Marvel Comics's Dead X-Men Issue # 4
  • Faro's Lounge's Faro's Lounge: American Safari Sketchbook Issue nn - purpledragon
  • DC Comics's Jurassic League TPB # 1