feature requests

Superior Spider Man (Comic Book Forums)

• Superior Spider-Man

Author Discussion
  • Posted: March 15, 2013 10:40:30 pm
  • Its too hard for me to think of a world without Amazing. Its a real downer.
  • Posted: March 16, 2013 4:39:37 am
  • OK just read Superior 5 and all I have to say is its pathetic. Slob I mean Slott has went too far and it appears there is nothing sacred. This book is complete over priced . I am still buying it because I do not want a gap in my run ONCE THEY GO BACK TO AMAZING and they WILL especially after reading this book.

I know a lot of people out there like this sort of stuff but it is just too far from Amazing and tarnishes a character that should not have been. Especially in a day and age where people still need hope, dreams and inspiration. Part of a bigger story line or not its too much.

Hoping for this titles massive sale failure.

• Posted: March 16, 2013 7:25:34 am
  • SilentAssassin said:

You got a lot of hoping to do... The only comics that out sold Superior Spider Man last month were Justice Leage Of America #1, Uncanny X-Men #1, Batman#17 and Justice League#17. Superior Spider #3 did 65.57 and Superior Spider #4 did 63.64... It's one of the best selling comics. It's not going to be sales that bring it down. You better hope for massive boycott Smile

• Posted: March 16, 2013 11:36:17 am
  • SilentAssassin said:
    ONCE THEY GO BACK TO AMAZING and they WILL especially after reading this book.

Why especially after this book?

Last edited March 16, 2013 11:36:48 am
  • Posted: March 16, 2013 1:59:32 pm
  • What might happen which has been suggested and hinted at in a few places i read, was at the end of Age of Ultron I read it might wipe everything in the Marvel universe clean and restart everything like the did with DC/NewDC universe. So that way it would be peter back and everything starting fresh.
    I honestly don't know if that will happen, I can see from some storylines that happening, but overall I don't think it will because of Marvel Now and all the new #1's. It would be weird for less than a year later to restart everything again.
    But doing that would erase all the bad Spider-man stuff. Peter will be back regardless, I think it will be cool when he comes back, he was always considered a menace before, now he'd have to prove more than ever he's not and have a ton to make up for. He'd have to redeem himself like he's never done which I think would make for good storytelling.
  • Posted: March 16, 2013 7:16:55 pm
  • SteveC said:
    SilentAssassin said:

You got a lot of hoping to do... The only comics that out sold Superior Spider Man last month were Justice Leage Of America #1, Uncanny X-Men #1, Batman#17 and Justice League#17. Superior Spider #3 did 65.57 and Superior Spider #4 did 63.64... It's one of the best selling comics. It's not going to be sales that bring it down. You better hope for massive boycott Smile

That was before Spider-Man (OCK) killed someone with a GUN! I know its setting up things for a great story in the long run but that was just wrong. Beat someone to death or whatever but for a super hero on the scale of Spider-Man, Batman, Superman etc to use a gun is just sick.

Punisher is fine using a gun and all those type of heroes but not the caliber hero of Spider-Man.

The whole Doc Ock thing is already getting old fast.
  • Posted: March 16, 2013 10:19:16 pm
  • but the whole thing, all the stories is it's not Spider-man, it's not Peter Parker, some people already guess it's not him and are looking into it. But that's what the whole stories are about is that it's not him and that's what's making it interesting
  • Posted: March 16, 2013 10:43:51 pm
  • Agreed on the interesting part but still wrong though. There is enough of the real world stuff on the news which is depressing enough. They should have done it a different way anyway.
  • Posted: March 16, 2013 11:35:41 pm
  • once or twice, I have one issue anyways at least where Peter did actually kill someone and it was never erased or undone or had the person come back

Last edited March 16, 2013 11:36:02 pm
  • Posted: March 17, 2013 8:26:17 am
  • SilentAssassin said:
    OK just read Superior 5 and all I have to say is its pathetic. Slob I mean Slott has went too far and it appears there is nothing sacred. This book is complete over priced . I am still buying it because I do not want a gap in my run ONCE THEY GO BACK TO AMAZING and they WILL especially after reading this book.

I know a lot of people out there like this sort of stuff but it is just too far from Amazing and tarnishes a character that should not have been. Especially in a day and age where people still need hope, dreams and inspiration. Part of a bigger story line or not its too much.

Hi SA,

As you know, you and I are in agreement regarding our feelings, but one thing you keep bringing up which I will never understand or agree with is your "RUN" not being complete if you stop buying Superior. Correct me if I am wrong, but the title doesn't say "Amazing" right? Who cares if they continued the story...they have done this countless times in crossovers and unless you have every comic that Spidey made an appearance (according to your logic) you do not have a "complete" run.

The only way to put actions to your words is to STOP buying. I am not trying to attack you as I was the same as you in the fact that I began buying Superior because after all I am a Spidey collector at heart. However, a strange thing happened yesterday as I walked into my local comic shop. I looked at the issue, then looked at the third print and looked at my wallet. I said to myself, this is sick, I have far more important things to spend money on and this will not tarnish my collection if I do not have these mass produced issues which IMO will never be worth squat 10 years from now. Value aside, I neevr cared about what a book/collectible was worth as I collect because I love my hobby, but my point is you will be able to buy these issues in the $0.50 box at a comic con in the future, trust me. I can say now that I do not regret my decision to stop collecting this book. Whether or not anyone agrees with me, the one and only "true" Spider-Man will always be Peter Parker and he is the "Amazing" Spider-Man NOT Ultimate, Spectacular, Superior, etc.

'Nuff' Said
58 posts • Page 1 of 6
World Community Grid Logo
ComicBookRealm.com: 72 years, 252 days, 5 hours of Run Time
Help projects like: Smash Childhood Cancer, OpenZika, Help Stop TB, FightAIDS@Home - Phase 2, Outsmart Ebola Together, Mapping Cancer Markers, FightAIDS@Home
Join World Community Grid today!
When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
  • Newest
  • DC Comics's Jay Garrick: The Flash Issue # 6
  • DC Comics's Knight Terrors: Harley Quinn Issue # 1syndicate-c
  • Dead Cat Comics's Monism Issue nn
  • Marvel Comics's War Machine Issue # 9b