feature requests

Best Way to Remove Musty Smell from Comics? (Comic Book Forums)

• Best Way to Remove Musty Smell from Comics?

Author Discussion
  • Posted: March 5, 2013 8:59:34 am
  • What is the best way to remove a musty smell from comics? I recently picked up some comics (~200) and they smell.

There is decent stuff so I want to keep them and/or eventually sell them, but not sure what is the best way to rid the smell. Any help/advice appreciated. Thank you.

btw, i got:

Agents 1-6
    Out There 1-18
    Buffy Vampire Slayer 30-63
    Ghost in Shell (1st vol) 1, 2, 4, 5, 6, 8
    Ghost In shell (2nd vol) 1-11
    Green Arrow 1-13,15 (Kevin Smith run)
    Powers 7-13, 25-36, Ann 1, 1/2
    US War Machine (Max) 1-12
    Alias 3-26 (Bendis)

Last edited March 5, 2013 8:59:52 am
  • Posted: March 5, 2013 5:39:34 pm
  • You could try an ozonator O2 generator thing. I have one that I use to get the smell out of cars and rooms in houses. They work great. You can rent them if you don't want to buy one. You can't breath the air while it is running. You could lock the comics in a room and run it for a couple hours.
  • Posted: March 5, 2013 7:06:58 pm
  • Charcoal (It also works for blood and smoke). Place inside a bag for 24 hours and seal. After 24 hours remove and put into a new bag of Charcoal the second day. Keep repeating.

If you do not change the bags the bag will release the odor back to the item(s) you are trying to decontaminate.

5 posts • Page 1 of 1
World Community Grid Logo
ComicBookRealm.com: 72 years, 252 days, 5 hours of Run Time
Help projects like: Smash Childhood Cancer, OpenZika, Help Stop TB, FightAIDS@Home - Phase 2, Outsmart Ebola Together, Mapping Cancer Markers, FightAIDS@Home
Join World Community Grid today!
When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
  • Newest
  • Tundra Publishing's A Mile End Kids Story Hard Cover # 1
  • Square Enix Manga's Otherside Picnic Soft Cover # 9
  • Marvel Comics's Star Wars: The High Republic Issue # 6
  • Marvel Comics's Venom: Dark Origin Issue # 2b