feature requests

Crossovers anyone? (Comic Book Forums)

• Crossovers anyone?

Author Discussion
  • Posted: May 18, 2018 8:24:20 pm
  • Bobarian...don't make yourself scarce in the thread!
  • Posted: May 19, 2018 11:26:14 am
  • Crossoverking said:
    Plaristes...don't get me started! LOL I refuse to open up the international intercompany crossover can of worms! However, I always love to see the fantastic information you come up with in that area!

Here's one I was excited to learn of. Conan İlkel Çağlarin Yenilmez Savaşçisi #57 (1983) was an original Marvel Conan story published in a Turkish Conan series that was mostly Turkish translations of American stories. However, this story was original and, to everyone's surprise, Superman shows up and meets Conan! Shocked

• Posted: May 19, 2018 2:48:33 pm
  • Wow that's cool! It would be awesome to have had some of these DC/Marvel crossovers that appeared internationally to have been official ones here in the states!
  • Posted: May 19, 2018 5:00:52 pm
  • Yeah, I really wish there was a trade that collected these foreign crossovers, translated into English. :-)
  • Posted: May 20, 2018 4:23:11 pm
  • Here's another obscure crossover, this time from Columbia, I believe: Cazador vol. 4 #22-24 (Sep-Nov 1996). In these three issues, the original Columbian character crosses paths with Captain America, Superman, the aliens from Mars Attacks, Iron Man, the aliens from War of the Worlds, Darkseid, Batman, Mr. Fantastic, the Thing, and there might be more I didn't recognize. It's not for the faint of heart, though, as there's a lot of graphic violence and nudity.

• Posted: May 21, 2018 8:34:10 am
  • Wow! Do you have the actual comic book? That has to be awesome as !
  • Posted: May 21, 2018 11:22:41 am
  • I wish, but as should come as no surprise, a lot of these foreign comics are hard to track down, and even when you do the prices can be discouraging. I do happen to have scans of those three issues, though.

Here's one I wish I had a copy of, or even a scan: Manoi Comics #10 (at least, I think that's what this issue is called).

Here's a description of the issue I got from a Facebook friend who collects foreign comics:

राम रहीम (=Ram Rahim),
    Dracula story Part 5 "ड्रैकुला का प्रेताजाल"
    ( = "Drekula ka Pretaajal"
    (1987, Manoj Comics #10, Hindi)
    with Superman, Batman & Spider-Man

This issue is where it all began figuratively speaking. Ram-Rahim are a pair of child detectives that were popular characters from Manoj Comics (publishing mainly in Hindi but some in English). The story arc where they take on an Indian version of Dracula was spread out over 7 issues across a year or more (Indian story arcs are often not published sequentially within a series).

This issue was part 5 in their run in with the Dracula character. They story takes them to New York where they meet DC's Superman and Batman along with Marvel's Spider-Man seeking help. It is an example of a cross-cultural/cross-publisher meeting of characters - the 1st of its kind in India. This international meeting of such characters from DC, Marvel, and Manoj was a hit within India in 1987.
  • Posted: May 22, 2018 7:02:57 am
  • That looks like a helluva comic! I'd love to see the interaction between Supes, Spidey and Batman...with Dracula!
  • Posted: May 22, 2018 9:07:42 am
  • There is something that I keep forgetting to mention on this site. I belong to a lot of great groups on Facebook, but two in particular will be of interest to those who frequent this thread. First, The Crossovers Forum and also Cartoon Multiverse: The Cartoon Crossover Encyclopedia.

They're both great groups with some very knowledgeable folks! Any time you see a post by Jerry Hopfer...that is me!

Last edited May 22, 2018 7:06:09 pm
  • Posted: May 22, 2018 11:12:40 am
  • I just joined both groups. :-)

Here's another foreign crossover, Raj Comics #619:

The description I got from my Facebook friend:

Multi-Starrer Issue,
    "बांकेलाल और कलियुग" ( = "Bankelal aur Kaliyug")
    (2005, Raj Comics #619, Hindi)

The multi-Starrer issue in Indian comics involves characters from different Indian series as a kind of team, similar to Marvel's Avengers or DC's Justice League. This particular issue shows Doga (in purple on left, an Indian character based on Marvel's Punisher) and Parmanu (lower right in yellow, based on DC's Atom) on the cover while the interior features cameos with DC's Superman & Marvel's Spider-Man.
368 posts • Page 1 of 37
World Community Grid Logo
ComicBookRealm.com: 72 years, 252 days, 5 hours of Run Time
Help projects like: Smash Childhood Cancer, OpenZika, Help Stop TB, FightAIDS@Home - Phase 2, Outsmart Ebola Together, Mapping Cancer Markers, FightAIDS@Home
Join World Community Grid today!
When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
  • Newest
  • Vertical's Blood on the Tracks Soft Cover # 16
  • Faro's Lounge's Faro's Lounge: American Safari Sketchbook Issue nn - alaska
  • Dead Cat Comics's Monism Issue nn
  • Marvel Comics's The Spectacular Spider-Men Issue # 2d