feature requests

Amazing Spider Man completists.... (Comic Book Forums)

• Amazing Spider-Man completists....

Author Discussion
  • Posted: July 15, 2012 2:56:26 am
  • No extras. Sad If I did you would be the first to know.

I think I will be picking up some of the random covers that are cheap that I missed out on for filling in my collection soon.

I need to get on the ball still need issues ASM 10 and under.
  • Posted: July 15, 2012 8:47:28 am
  • SilentAssassin said:
    I need to get on the ball still need issues ASM 10 and under.

That's another reason I started getting variants now because it's easier, and usually cheaper, than picking up those early ASM. I need 1-24, and then various ones throughout the first hundred. from 100-200 I'm only missing 100, 102, 125, 128, 129, 132. That 129.

I just bought 25 and 31 for 99 each and the grades were 6.5 and 5.5, not bad at all.
  • Posted: July 15, 2012 8:51:36 am
  • I have some of those ASM 's you are looking for. I posted some scans under wheeling and dealing, check them out!
  • Posted: July 15, 2012 8:54:20 am
  • claudioma said:
    I have some of those ASM 's you are looking for. I posted some scans under wheeling and dealing, check them out!

I looked at them, I think I'd rather have nicer copies, plus I just spent a lot on other stuff so I need to let things settle a little Smile
  • Posted: July 15, 2012 9:15:16 am
  • Okay but keep me in mind.
  • Posted: July 15, 2012 9:37:55 am
  • I just went through the list online here and I think I need to take my box and compare it to what is posted on here. I also think that I dont need nearly as many as I thought! I have a lot more than I thought which is never a bad thing.

I am not buying anything under a 4.0 so I am ok with at least a min of 4.0 grade (it has to be a solid copy no spine rolls etc.).

• Posted: July 15, 2012 8:38:34 pm
  • I have to ask but where do you draw the line for variants prices and mini comics? I am debating buying the price variants and mini comics along with the wizards and such but do they really count?
  • Posted: July 15, 2012 9:03:34 pm
  • For each person it is a personal preference. For me, I choose to count anything that says Amazing Spider-Man and follows the current numbering system. I have the Wizard reprints, the Marvel silver bordered issues, 2nd prints, variant covers, variant prices, and manufacturer premiums.

• Posted: July 15, 2012 10:10:19 pm
  • I plan on all the normal issues [obviously], then all the variants/2nd prints since 400 or so. Those 35 cent editions I don't really care about, or newstand vs. direct unless it's a big difference like ASM v2 #36.

Mini-comics? Don't care.
  • Posted: July 16, 2012 12:32:47 am
  • I myself collect any print of ASM that is available to me from my LCS. I don't normally seek out variants, butI would like to track down a copy of ASM #525b. That issue is the last i need to have #498-now.
875 posts • Page 1 of 88
World Community Grid Logo
ComicBookRealm.com: 72 years, 190 days, 18 hours of Run Time
Help projects like: Smash Childhood Cancer, OpenZika, Help Stop TB, FightAIDS@Home - Phase 2, Outsmart Ebola Together, Mapping Cancer Markers, FightAIDS@Home
Join World Community Grid today!
When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
  • Newest
  • DC Comics's Batman: The Brave and the Bold Issue # 11
  • Illiterature Press's Chronic Apathy Issue # 2
  • Image Comics's Feral Issue # 1nomass/captured
  • Dark Horse Comics's Quick Stops 2 Issue # 3b