feature requests

Amazing Spider Man completists.... (Comic Book Forums)

• Amazing Spider-Man completists....

Author Discussion
  • Posted: June 19, 2012 1:15:14 pm
  • I'm very happy I dont have that compulsion. I spend enough money on various books themselves to have to worry about owning each variant as well.

It also helps for something like Zenescope's Grimm Fairy Tales books. I just started getting into them because the stories themselves are pretty good, and since its kind of an indie book things of substance actually happen, as opposed to the big 2 where I always feel like were just kind of goin around in circles. The problem with the Zenescope books is that half of the covers are a HUGE turn off. By that I mean they seem to think soft-core is the way to get readers. It put me off tryin out the books for a long time, becasue I just couldnt stand the covers.

That is, until I realized that they typically released at least 2 covers for each book, one in their typical soft core fashion, and one that is more... demure. Since then I have been getting the less gross ones, and been much happier for it.
  • Posted: June 19, 2012 1:17:05 pm
  • I'm the same way. I try to get every version or printing of every issue, to include newsstand versions. I've had to draw the line at reprints and trade paperbacks. I can barely afford to keep up with ASM let alone other titles.

• Posted: June 19, 2012 1:35:00 pm
  • I have ASM's in my sell list checjk them out !
  • Posted: June 19, 2012 3:07:47 pm
  • I buy all spidey titles and yes every variant and reprinting that I can get. I do not buy trade paperbacks. If there's a variant, I'm hunting but only on spidey titles. If I buy something other than spidey for the story, I don't chase the variants
  • Posted: June 19, 2012 3:17:03 pm
  • Tex75455 said:
    I'm very happy I dont have that compulsion. I spend enough money on various books themselves to have to worry about owning each variant as well.

It also helps for something like Zenescope's Grimm Fairy Tales books. I just started getting into them because the stories themselves are pretty good, and since its kind of an indie book things of substance actually happen, as opposed to the big 2 where I always feel like were just kind of goin around in circles. The problem with the Zenescope books is that half of the covers are a HUGE turn off. By that I mean they seem to think soft-core is the way to get readers. It put me off tryin out the books for a long time, becasue I just couldnt stand the covers.

That is, until I realized that they typically released at least 2 covers for each book, one in their typical soft core fashion, and one that is more... demure. Since then I have been getting the less gross ones, and been much happier for it.

My wife is now into comics and she loves the Alice Grimm so we buy the ones we can of those but some of those variants are CRAZY in terms of pricing.
  • Posted: June 19, 2012 3:17:55 pm
  • what about the spiderman variants for other titles this month (the aniversary issues), or the venom variants from a couple months back? Do those count as well, or just ASM titles?

(some of the symbiote variants looked great, almost had me forkin over money to pick em up)
  • Posted: June 20, 2012 8:24:18 am
  • Tex75455 said:
    what about the spiderman variants for other titles this month (the aniversary issues), or the venom variants from a couple months back? Do those count as well, or just ASM titles?

Those anniversary issues have no variants unless I missed something.

I wonder if anyone was every crazy enough to try and collect every Spidey appearance.
  • Posted: June 20, 2012 9:01:19 am
  • Not including the ASM 666's i'm missing, here are the variants/printings i still need to track down:

648 J. Scott Campbell Spider-Girl Sketch Cover
    648 J. Scott Campbell Spider-Girl Cover 1 in 100
    640 Joe Quesada Sketch Cover 1 in 100
    639 Joe Quesada Sketch Cover 1 in 100
    637 2nd Printing Cover Michael Lark
    636 2nd Printing Cover Michael Lark
    632 Jay Anacleto Heroic Age 1 in 15
    628 Iron Man By Design Cover 1 in 15
    620 Deadpool Cover 1 in 15
    617 Max Fiumara Rhino Is Coming 1 in 10
    606 J Scott Campbell Half Sketch Cover
    590 Paolo Rivera Wolverine Art Appreciation Cover 1 in 10
    572 2nd Printing Cover by JOHN ROMITA JR
    571 John Romita Jr Anti-venom Cover
    571 2nd Printing Cover by JOHN ROMITA JR
    569 2nd Printing Cover by JOHN ROMITA JR
    568 Dynamic Forces Exclusive Limited to 1499
    546 Marvel's Greatest Comics
    546 Book Market
    546 Bryan Hitch Retailer Incentive Cover. Limited to 1 in 10.
    546 Steve McNiven Cover. 1 in 100.
    539 Las Vegas Comic Oasis Edition. 5,000 Copies. B/W Cover by Medina
    538 Clayton Crain Cover. Limited to 1 in 50.
    532 2nd Printing
    529 2nd Printing
    509 Director's Cut
    525 2nd Printing
    526 2nd Printing
    434 News Stand Edition - Only One Cover
    437 Marvel Legends
    400 White Ltd. 10,000
    390 News Stand Edition
    300 Niagara Falls
    300 Chromium Ltd. 3,300
    300 Origins DVD Promo Mini
    301 Marvel Legends
    292 So Much Fun inc.
    184 Detergent Giveaway
    252 Niagara Falls
    252 Marvel Legends
    252 Origins DVD Promo Mini
    129 Marvel Legends
    42 Eye Magazine Mini
    50 Sony DVD Mini
    101 2nd Printing
    121 Marvel Legends
    3 Colombia Tri-Star (BestBuy)
    1 Golden Record Reprint
    1 Marvel Milestone Edition
  • Posted: June 20, 2012 1:02:01 pm
  • SilentAssassin said:
    Tex75455 said:
    I'm very happy I dont have that compulsion. I spend enough money on various books themselves to have to worry about owning each variant as well.

My wife is now into comics and she loves the Alice Grimm so we buy the ones we can of those but some of those variants are CRAZY in terms of pricing.

So far Im really enjoying em. I read all the jungle book stuff last night (theres only 3 issues so far) and I really like it. At least their stuff is different, you dont get the feeling theyre just treading the same ground over and over again. They make lasting changes to their world, etc. But yeah, some of their variants have very low prints (like 150 total) so they get expensive. I just buy the basic covers.

With regards to the anniversary printings, I meant like, example, today Daredevil released its regular cover plus a variant celebrating 50 years of spiderman, and I think several other books have done the same thing. The variant has both daredevil and spiderman on it.
  • Posted: June 20, 2012 3:38:52 pm
  • Oh, I thought you meant the issues coming out for Spidey's 50th, like Sensational Spider-Man 31.1 or whatever it is.

As far as those anniversary variants in other titles, I wouldn't care about those.
875 posts • Page 1 of 88
World Community Grid Logo
ComicBookRealm.com: 72 years, 190 days, 18 hours of Run Time
Help projects like: Smash Childhood Cancer, OpenZika, Help Stop TB, FightAIDS@Home - Phase 2, Outsmart Ebola Together, Mapping Cancer Markers, FightAIDS@Home
Join World Community Grid today!
When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
  • Newest
  • Titan Comics's Conan the Barbarian Issue # 9
  • B3 Comics's Kicking Furry Ass Issue # 3
  • DC Comics's Multiversity: Teen Justice TPB # 1
  • Marvel Comics's Spider-Man vs Venom Omnibus Hard Cover # 1 - 2nd print-a