feature requests

Comic Print Run Counts (Comic Book Forums)

• Comic Print Run Counts

Author Discussion
  • Posted: October 10, 2011 1:19:05 pm
  • Does anyone know where one could locate this information?
  • Posted: October 10, 2011 1:26:13 pm
  • Sweetness thank you. I was unable to locate it but I figured something would be out there.
  • Posted: October 10, 2011 1:30:27 pm
  • What is an average for ASM? Looks like 58,000 for 670? That number seems really low, are there not that many collectors of comics? Even 188,000 for Batman seems low, How many do these companies print?
  • Posted: October 10, 2011 1:34:47 pm
  • comic sales are down across the board (at least before the DC52) ASM usually always breaks the top 10 or 20 if i remember correctly so that is where it matters
  • Posted: October 10, 2011 1:38:00 pm
  • Yeah, breaking 100,000 for any title seems to be a great deal today, when in the past that would mean the title is in danger.

I use this site:

http://www.comicbookpage.com/SalesEstimates/CBGPublishers.php

There are different ways to look it up but I like looking at it per title, so that link will do that. Just go to Marvel->ASM
  • Posted: October 10, 2011 1:41:01 pm
  • Looks like in the 90s the number was huge then it just plunged. Even now there are not many copies and it seems like the overall trend is going down. The DC 52 will plunge over time as well at least level off. It is just hard to believe that there are only 58k or so of ASM being sold overall. That just is not a lot and so I guess when they have a limited to 500 or 1,000 it is rare and hard to get because all 57k people are tying to get them or most of them at least.

I know comics are nice to have and read and all but makes you wonder if they will not be worth anything eventually.
  • Posted: October 10, 2011 1:42:52 pm
  • wow i like that site thanks abyss..the chart is pretty cool to look at .....ASM 583 had 500,000 Shocked that was the Obama issue wasn't it?
  • Posted: October 10, 2011 1:51:44 pm
  • abysslord said:
    Yeah, breaking 100,000 for any title seems to be a great deal today, when in the past that would mean the title is in danger.

I use this site:

http://www.comicbookpage.com/SalesEstimates/CBGPublishers.php

There are different ways to look it up but I like looking at it per title, so that link will do that. Just go to Marvel->ASM

I like that site as well I think it breaks it down better but they both are very nice.
13 posts • Page 1 of 2
World Community Grid Logo
ComicBookRealm.com: 72 years, 186 days, 23 hours of Run Time
Help projects like: Smash Childhood Cancer, OpenZika, Help Stop TB, FightAIDS@Home - Phase 2, Outsmart Ebola Together, Mapping Cancer Markers, FightAIDS@Home
Join World Community Grid today!
When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
  • Newest
  • DC Comics's Deathstroke Inc. Hard Cover # 1
  • Marvel Comics's G.O.D.S. Issue # 6b
  • Marvel Comics's Gambit Issue # 2
  • Red 5 Comics's Lead City TPB # 1