feature requests

amazing spider man 300 chromium edition (Comic Book Forums)

• amazing spider-man 300 chromium edition

Author Discussion
  • Posted: December 7, 2009 3:11:58 pm
  • People make it out like it is a super-rare comic. I believe the print run was like 10,000.

The primary reason it is "worth" $10 is because that is what Overstreet values it as.
    Favorite Quote: "You're not just some guy in a bat costume are you? ARE YOU FREAKING KIDDING ME?! - Justice League #1, 2011"

Hunting for (mainly reprints/variants) - Please help! - See My Profile
  • Posted: December 13, 2009 9:57:59 am
  • I grabbed some of the X-Men issues when they came out for I think ten bucks. They aren't that rare, if you scavenge enough you can turn them up. Sellers, especially on eBay, like to tout their rarity and list at higher prices.

Like the Platinum Spidey #1's, once people realize they are more common than not the prices will fall.
    When you argue with an idiot, that's just two idiots arguing.

-Peter Steele
  • Posted: April 22, 2014 11:11:37 am
  • dough boy said:
    People make it out like it is a super-rare comic. I believe the print run was like 10,000.

ferociousmopar said:
    Like the Platinum Spidey #1's, once people realize they are more common than not the prices will fall.

This is also how I've felt about the Walmart UPC Gold Cover of Spider Man #1.
  • Posted: April 22, 2014 11:18:47 am
  • rpenny88 said:
    dough boy said:
    People make it out like it is a super-rare comic. I believe the print run was like 10,000.

ferociousmopar said:

This is also how I've felt about the Walmart UPC Gold Cover of Spider Man #1.

I think part of those Wal-Mart gold covers is that they got read. That was before internet and the copy I picked up when I was a kid is now trashed. Still glad I have it though.
  • Posted: April 28, 2014 3:53:02 pm
  • dough boy said:

$400 for a 10,000 print run of a modern comic? No thank you. You can get rarer comics for that money. And if it's bagged in those ridiculous plastic cased CGN they probably think it's worth $1,000.
    We strike hard and fade away into the night
  • Posted: April 28, 2014 8:11:50 pm
  • This is one of my favorite comics. I only collect ASM for the cover art, and this chromium edition looks great, especially, yes, in a CGC holder, where you can see both beautiful covers.
10 posts • Page 1 of 1
World Community Grid Logo
ComicBookRealm.com: 64 years, 124 days, 10 hours of Run Time
Help projects like: Smash Childhood Cancer, OpenZika, Help Stop TB, FightAIDS@Home - Phase 2, Outsmart Ebola Together, Mapping Cancer Markers, FightAIDS@Home
Join World Community Grid today!
  • Newest
  • Marvel Comics's Captain Marvel Issue # 34
  • Behemoth Entertainment LLC's MFKZ  Issue # 6b
  • Archer's Pantheon Issue # 1
  • To Infinity Studios's Slighty Exaggerated Issue # 1b