feature requests

what is one comics that all comic collectors should have? (Comic Book Forums)

• what is one comics that all comic collectors should have?

Author Discussion
  • Posted: August 20, 2013 10:48:49 am
  • There used to be a thing called loyalty in the 80's. But since Stan Lee sold off Marvel and DC is now owned by Time Warner, a lot can be said about the industry being more about business than community. With that said I would look not into flash parades that you see in many Image titles though a few seems to have legs like the Walking Dead.
    Speaking of which, why don't you get that.
  • Posted: September 23, 2013 5:51:25 pm
  • Since you stopped collecting in 95, and you've gotten older, maybe you'd like something not so superhero-ey? I like Chew and Sixth Gun is good too. I know a lot of people like Saga, but I think its pretentious as . I personally would start collecting bronze and early copper stuff if you're into X-Men, you see familiar characters and why they became the favorites they are, in situations that may be somewhat familiar to you, but you haven't seen it fleshed out. Plus if you get copper age comics, you could probably score a 100-200 comics for cheap. Bedrock comics on ebay was selling the 90's series issues 1-279 for something like 60 bucks, with annuals and make 30 issue missing. The Ghost Rider series from the 90's is pretty easy to find and pick up for cheap, and it reads rather cohesively (exception X-men and Midnight Sons arcs).
  • Posted: September 24, 2013 2:13:42 pm
  • Since the OP hasn't been on the site since 2009 I doubt he's going to be reading this.
23 posts • Page 1 of 3
World Community Grid Logo
ComicBookRealm.com: 72 years, 252 days, 5 hours of Run Time
Help projects like: Smash Childhood Cancer, OpenZika, Help Stop TB, FightAIDS@Home - Phase 2, Outsmart Ebola Together, Mapping Cancer Markers, FightAIDS@Home
Join World Community Grid today!
When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
  • Newest
  • Marvel Comics's Black Widow and Hawkeye Issue # 2b
  • Image Comics's Kid Cudi Presents: Moon Man Issue # 2c
  • Harry N. Abrams Books's Phenomena  Hard Cover # 2
  • Ultimate Marvel's Ultimate Spider-Man Issue # 69b