feature requests

Incredible Hulk signed (Comic Book Forums)

• Incredible Hulk signed

Author Discussion
  • Posted: November 20, 2007 6:11:31 am
  • How much would a Incredible Hulk #110 signed by Herb Trimpe?
    DROP IT LIKE ITS HOT
  • Posted: November 21, 2007 11:46:40 am
  • depends on condition.
  • Posted: November 21, 2007 7:25:03 pm
  • If you search "signed" on the forum and maybe throw in "worth", you'll find a lot of previous discussion on this.

The bottom line is, to a Herb Trimpe fan, it might be worth around $60, if they want a book verifiably touched by him. To anyone else, it's probably worth less, unless it's a certifiable limited edition, or Herb is notorious for not signing his work. Then it's probably more an issue of how rare the issue is, or if it's a milestone. There's no hard and fast multiplier. The baseline is the issue value without the sig, and you need to research a little more from there.

For example, I had Kurt Busiek sign my copy of Astro City #3. Without a sig, it's worth around $10. Since I like Kurt Busiek, the issue has a special place in my collection, but I'd still sell it for $25 or so if someone sent me cash in advance (since I paid $0.50 for it). However, if I put my collection up for sale and everyone was an Alex Ross fan, but I had no Kurt Busiek fans in my market, I'd be lucky to get $10. I'd be lucky to get $5 for it with the sig even if someone was just looking to fill a hole in their collection.

Bottom line is, find a Herb Trimpe fan if you want $60 for it, or be prepared to settle for less.
    "1500 years ago, everybody knew the Earth was the center of the Universe. 500 years ago, everybody knew that the Earth was flat... and 15 minutes ago, you knew people were alone on this planet. Think about what you'll know tomorrow." - Agent K, Men in Black
    Find answers to CBR FAQs on my profile!
  • Posted: November 22, 2007 10:47:19 am
  • i agree with you. if the person buying is not interested in the signature than it won't be worth that much to that person. he probably would see it as defaced.
  • Posted: November 22, 2007 12:54:07 pm
  • so Should I get the sig or not? I haven't yet but, I will if you think I should and if so do I need proof? pic? is there any spot in particular that it should signed? I have n little experiences with this kind of stuff. Additionally will it go up if Herb Trimpe dies (not anything kreepy)? Just wondering.

thanks in advance,
    Benny64k
    oh, and happy thanks giving
    DROP IT LIKE ITS HOT
  • Posted: November 22, 2007 11:13:31 pm
  • if it is for you....i would definitely get it signed....and if you want value...get a picture of it being done....but not many people let you do that as they assume you want to sell it...and they arent there for your profit
    http://comicbookrealm.com/jkoswald/collection check out my collection...selling everything (piles labeled "for sale" only) at 20% of value (80% off)...check my forum posting in the selling section for details
6 posts • Page 1 of 1
World Community Grid Logo
ComicBookRealm.com: 72 years, 243 days, 20 hours of Run Time
Help projects like: Smash Childhood Cancer, OpenZika, Help Stop TB, FightAIDS@Home - Phase 2, Outsmart Ebola Together, Mapping Cancer Markers, FightAIDS@Home
Join World Community Grid today!
When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
  • Newest
  • Kodansha Comics's Parasyte Hard Cover # 6
  • Schanes & Schanes's Strange Issue set a
  • Workman Publishing's There Are Dads Way Worse Than You: Unimpeachable Evidence of Your Excellence as a Father Hard Cover # 1
  • Marvel Comics's Villains for Hire Issue # 4b