feature requests

ASM # 88 Queen Goblin (Comic Book Forums)

• ASM # 88 - Queen Goblin

Author Discussion
  • Posted: January 28, 2022 12:07:29 am
  • Buy these up if you can on Wednesday, February 2, 2022. 1st appearance of Queen Goblin. Great investment potential.

Last edited January 28, 2022 12:09:19 am
  • Posted: February 22, 2022 2:12:36 am
  • I m just curious how people will be able to cash in on this book.
    This book is obviously a hot book, 1st appearance of a possible copycat of an iconic char, and everyone in the comic book, readers, collectors, investors, speculators will notice and possibly stock on several copies. So the question is who is/are the buyer(s) since every1 has it. Already saw some cover variant of this book on Ebay.
  • Posted: February 22, 2022 2:44:47 pm
  • Well, seeing as there are what 10trillion people in the world and they probably only printed lets say 10k copies, there will be plenty of people that need it lol... ebay, amazon, other comic site, facebook, plenty of places to "cash in" on this book if you are only a speculator trying to make money...

and if you want proof that a character based off another can bring in great money even tho it was way over printed...New Mutants 98 is a great example...

Last edited February 22, 2022 2:45:58 pm
    "How to destroy a man... Grant him his heart's desire." --Victor Von Doom
    - - - - - - - - - -
    Latest Additions
    NYX #3 - 1st X-23
    Amazing Spider Man #78 - 1st Prowler
    Avengers #55 - 1st Ultron
    Amazing Spider Man #134 - 1st Tarantula, 2nd Punisher
    Avengers #196 - 1st full Taskmaster
  • Posted: February 22, 2022 5:02:41 pm
  • Well, my point is nowadays, people are very well informed via lots of different canals. Lots of youtubers talking and giving advice about which books to buy etc.
    And i m not totally agree with you comparing this vs. NM98. NM98 were not the super hot book when it were released (at least not at my locale shop, ofc it can not compare to US marked). And who cares about Deadpool is a copy of Deathstroke Smile. But every1 knows that almost every incarnation of Green Goblin was a hit.
    You were referring to print copies. Ofc, it will have impact on the value of the book. But...does it really matter now? Seem to me that Marvel reprint policy is kind of loose after 2000(?). I were very surprise to see that reprints (Marvel Masterworks, essential, collection, trade paperback etc. you name it) of almost everything Marvel ever released overall. Wonder why they did not do 2nd, 3rd and zillions reprint of NM98 Smile. Lots of example in the price guide that 2nd, 3rd printing and variant cover listed way higher than the "standard" 1st. print.
  • Posted: February 22, 2022 5:12:33 pm
  • Well when dp was released the market was crashing because of said overprinting, hence his low popularity, mixed with being just an uninteresting ninja type character clearly a copy of another popular character, same can be said with queen goblin, plus side to gobbie tho is that it's printed in The most popular marvel title by far, Spidey villains always persevere if u noticed, history proves that. Characters like hobgoblin, carnage, etc., all same type character that's just a reskin of a dif character.

as for the printings question, they didnt reprint that much back in the 90's n prior...they just overprinted the 1st print lol...Yes there are some printings of other books, depended on sales numbers... nowadays they are realizing they can just sell 1 story in 75 different covers and get paid for each, they dont have to reprint to the 800th printing, but they do to rake in the money off paying for 1 story...btw they have reprinted nm98 i have no clue how many times now lol...a ton...

Last edited February 22, 2022 7:59:35 pm
    "How to destroy a man... Grant him his heart's desire." --Victor Von Doom
    - - - - - - - - - -
    Latest Additions
    NYX #3 - 1st X-23
    Amazing Spider Man #78 - 1st Prowler
    Avengers #55 - 1st Ultron
    Amazing Spider Man #134 - 1st Tarantula, 2nd Punisher
    Avengers #196 - 1st full Taskmaster
5 posts • Page 1 of 1
World Community Grid Logo
ComicBookRealm.com: of Run Time
Help projects like: Smash Childhood Cancer, OpenZika, Help Stop TB, FightAIDS@Home - Phase 2, Outsmart Ebola Together, Mapping Cancer Markers, FightAIDS@Home
Join World Community Grid today!
  • Newest
  • DC Comics's Batgirls Issue # 6d
  • Blacklist Studios's The Meg Hard Cover # 1
  • J-Novel Club's The Unwanted Undead Adventurer Soft Cover # 5
  • Viz Media's We Never Learn Soft Cover # 21