feature requests

Blue Flame On Fire!!! Unsure Why... (Comic Book Forums)

• Blue Flame On Fire!!! Unsure Why...

Author Discussion
  • Posted: November 30, 2021 11:41:40 pm
  • Well I was just scampering around the site doing value research and came across something that was going up a while ago then halted so i stopped watching...today i came across that set again and decided...what the hay, why not just quickly do some value comparing...to my absolute delight (mainly because i own every book in that set that had movement) some stuff absolutely hit space for what people are paying...go check this out...and remember...these are Average values as in we value by averaging sold sales data...

https://comicbookrealm.com/series/525/0/marvel-comics-darkhawk

thoughts on why...who...how....?

I love the series, am very close to completing all 50 issues but i have somewhere in the late 30s to the last issue...every one of those books are crazy to me...lol

I really want to know what you think about this kind of stuff...Leave a Reply ^

Last edited November 30, 2021 11:43:29 pm
    "How to destroy a man... Grant him his heart's desire." --Victor Von Doom
    - - - - - - - - - -
    Latest Additions
    Secret Wars #1 CGC 9.8 Dr. Doom Custom Label... Cameo Emperor Doom!!
    Secret Wars #2 CGC 9.8 Dr. Doom Custom Label... 1st full app of Emperor Doom!!!
  • Posted: December 1, 2021 9:16:47 am
  • Probably the same as all other random Marvel characters... rumored MCU show lol
  • Posted: December 1, 2021 11:57:23 am
  • I have the first 32 issues (except #1 which I sold last year) which I purchased off the shelf when they were coming out back in the day. I was working at a comic book store at the time so I got great deals on new books. I was buying loads of new Marvel books (yes I was a Marvel Zombie at the time!!) and Darkhawk was one of the monthly books I was picking up. It really wasn't very good and I'm a little baffled I read 32 of those books.

I'm assuming #42 - 51 had a super low print run as no one was buying Darkhawk at the time. Of course there are rumours of a Darkhawk project from Marvel. It seems almost every insignificant character that is being rebooted is also getting a TV show/movie??
  • Posted: December 1, 2021 12:12:49 pm
  • His 1st app (i believe was in Marvel Age or Marvel Preview...one of those weird old everything books) is even close to these values, yet the last issue is averaging $80...that doesnt make sense to me really...i would imagine if a character is getting a spotlight of any kind, it would be the 1st app that goes up crazy, not last issues of his first solo book...
    - - - - - - - - - -
    Latest Additions
  • Posted: December 1, 2021 12:28:21 pm
  • I agree. Usually everyone wants first appearances, NIT last appearances. I guess it doesn't hurt that the print run at the end of Darkhawk's monthly was probably around 25 or so??
  • Posted: December 1, 2021 3:03:44 pm
  • lol...i just cant wrap my head around the last issues being worth more then the actual 1st appearance...why isnt my wolverine #317 $15,000 if the 1st is $10,000 lol
    - - - - - - - - - -
    Latest Additions
  • Posted: December 3, 2021 10:13:11 am
  • There's a facebook group that has had a running joke for years, which was basically to continually post Darkhawk as a sleeper book and then everyone follows with Hail Darkhawk or some such. Last year the price began to go up as people started asking what the deal was. The group has something like 156,000 members, and they did this often enough to drive the price up...and up...and up. There are movie rumors of course, and his image is in GOTG 1 I believe, but really its basically a injoke on this group out of control. https://www.facebook.com/groups/ComicBookCollecting

Last edited December 3, 2021 11:35:57 am
  • Posted: December 3, 2021 4:17:34 pm
  • well...i got to say that is a very odd group lol...slow playing the rise of an inconsequential book mustve taken hella effort lmao

thank you Very much for that info though...i can see how that could do it lol...150k collectors is a large enough group to make an impact on an entire community so...plausible lol

Thanks Truk!!

Last edited December 3, 2021 4:19:14 pm
    - - - - - - - - - -
    Latest Additions
  • Posted: December 3, 2021 6:26:05 pm
  • Facebook group, eh? Glad to see their efforts on attempting to help the world, ended up with them driving up prices of an inconsequential Marvel comic book character instead. We are so doomed as a collective race.
  • Posted: December 4, 2021 9:20:02 am
  • Aw Brucifer it's not that bad. It's really a fun group to belong to overall, and I pump CBR anytime anyone asks about a great site to record your books. If you're on Facebook, it's a good one to belong to as with so many people there's rarely a question that goes unanswered. No sales or trades allowed-there's a sister group for that (which I'm also a member of and have gotten some killer deals on).

Yeah-Darkhawk. Ugh. But if I had one, I'd be pretty happy to sell it and the bridge I own in NYC...and the primo (swamp) land in NOLA, and a time share in FL...
12 posts • Page 1 of 2
World Community Grid Logo
ComicBookRealm.com: 72 years, 252 days, 5 hours of Run Time
Help projects like: Smash Childhood Cancer, OpenZika, Help Stop TB, FightAIDS@Home - Phase 2, Outsmart Ebola Together, Mapping Cancer Markers, FightAIDS@Home
Join World Community Grid today!
When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
  • Newest
  • Marvel Comics's Avengers: Twilight Issue # 5g
  • Marvel Comics's Fall of the House of X Issue # 4e
  • Al Barrett's The Mightiest Issue # 1
  • Marvel Comics's What If? Venom Issue # 3