feature requests

X Men Vol. 2 #1c (Comic Book Forums)

• X-Men Vol. 2 #1c

Author Discussion
  • Posted: May 21, 2021 10:32:02 am
  • I noticed that my copy of X-Men Vol. 2 #1c has gone up in value recently. The other three regular copies did not. Are you telling me a poster of Omega Red included in the book is what's caused this increase? A poster? Really?

And this is because he is allegedly showing up in the new Black Widow movie? Didn't he show up in the last Deadpool movie in the giant prison already?

Either way, this is quite silly. We comic book collectors have gone too far.
  • Posted: May 21, 2021 11:00:18 am
  • This is what makes you think things have gone nuts?
    I think collectors paying thousands apon thousands of dollars for for a single comic would have triggered that a while back Laughing
    "Disliking everything is not the same thing as having an opinion"

• Posted: May 21, 2021 11:07:00 am
  • Expensive comic books don't freak me out too much as long as the books in question are old and not just speculation about appearances in the MCU movies or TV shows. I do get a bit shocked at CGC prices for 9.8 or higher. Those seem a bit steep.
  • Posted: May 21, 2021 2:08:54 pm
  • It's not collectors that are driving prices up, it's speculators/flippers/investors/internet influencers. It is ruining the hobby for the real collectors out there.

Last edited May 21, 2021 2:09:48 pm
    nem·e·sis
    noun
    A righteous infliction of retribution manifested by an appropriate agent
  • Posted: May 21, 2021 3:26:41 pm
  • MacheteF7, when you're right, you're right!!

Now what is an internet influencer exactly?
  • Posted: May 21, 2021 7:46:57 pm
  • not that it matters to me, but i upped the value because i came across them in a different price check...Omega Red is a popular villain already and im not sure about the speculator side, i just try to follow the sales data...Omega Red is in my top 10 favorite villains, and since "technically" this is like a preview book that came out prior to a first app, this one is the only one with the Omega Red poster...go look at marvel previews (the bigger series), a ton of them went up exponentially...some to a crazy degree lol...i try to stay on top of this stuff, and its hard lol...i do my best to keep us up to date, but i just cant keep up when it seems EVERY single first appearance is going nuts...

i try Brick wall lol

and brucifer, where was omega red in DP? which guy in the ice box? i never heard that before...

i read somewhere in passing he was gonna show up in wanda vision, then didnt lol, but again i also read that Mister Fantastic or Doctor Strange were gonna show up too...lol

Last edited May 21, 2021 7:52:09 pm
    "How to destroy a man... Grant him his heart's desire." --Victor Von Doom
    - - - - - - - - - -
    Latest Additions
    NYX #3 - 1st X-23
    Amazing Spider Man #78 - 1st Prowler
    Avengers #55 - 1st Ultron
    Amazing Spider Man #134 - 1st Tarantula, 2nd Punisher
    Avengers #196 - 1st full Taskmaster
  • Posted: May 22, 2021 9:20:25 am
  • Apparently there were a bunch of one second cameos in the "Icebox."
  • Posted: May 22, 2021 3:17:23 pm
  • im gonna have to look for that, i love omega red, such an oddball character with cool powers lol...
    "How to destroy a man... Grant him his heart's desire." --Victor Von Doom
    - - - - - - - - - -
    Latest Additions
    NYX #3 - 1st X-23
    Amazing Spider Man #78 - 1st Prowler
    Avengers #55 - 1st Ultron
    Amazing Spider Man #134 - 1st Tarantula, 2nd Punisher
    Avengers #196 - 1st full Taskmaster
8 posts • Page 1 of 1
World Community Grid Logo
ComicBookRealm.com: 63 years, 252 days, 2 hours of Run Time
Help projects like: Smash Childhood Cancer, OpenZika, Help Stop TB, FightAIDS@Home - Phase 2, Outsmart Ebola Together, Mapping Cancer Markers, FightAIDS@Home
Join World Community Grid today!
  • Newest
  • Artists Writers & Artisans's Chariot TPB # 1
  • Image Comics's Department of Truth Issue # 8 - 2nd print
  • Black Mask Studios's Godkiller: Walk Among Us TPB # 1secret
  • IDW Publishing's Marvel Action: Origins Issue # 4