feature requests

Batman 89 (Comic Book Forums)

• Batman 89

Author Discussion
  • Posted: February 19, 2020 1:31:55 pm
  • Anyone else deal with absolute craziness today in trying to pick up Batman 89?
    "How to destroy a man... Grant him his heart's desire." --Victor Von Doom
    - - - - - - - - - -
    Graded, Awaiting Return
    Batman #89 - Cameo Punchline - Signed 2x - CGC 9.8

Submitted, Awaiting Grades
    Vengeance #1 1st America Chavez
    Young Avengers #1 1st Young Avengers
    Moon Girl and Devil Dinosaur #1 1st Lunella Lafayette
    Adam: Legend of the Blue Marvel #1 1st Blue Marvel
    Savage She-Hulk #1 1st She-Hulk
    Spider-Man Noir #1 1st Spider-Man Noir
    Wolverine Origins #10 1st Daken
    Ultimate Fallout #4 1st Miles Morales
  • Posted: February 19, 2020 1:36:45 pm
  • What, is he showing his member again? Boy do I hate speculators!!
  • Posted: February 19, 2020 3:22:11 pm
  • No lol...1 new character and 1 cameo of a new character

New Character: The Designer

Cameo: Punchline (A different Joker chick)
    - - - - - - - - - -
    Graded, Awaiting Return

• Posted: February 20, 2020 8:39:44 am
  • Sounds like a bit of short-lived hoopla.

BUT. . .

I pick up my comics on Friday, so my comic shop better have my Batman because I don't really care HOW much it's worth, I just want to read the story. I rarely sell comics unless I need some dire emergency cash or I'm dumping them cheap at the flea market to make space.

They're working on the third strike (Immortal Hulk & Walking Dead) when it comes to comics shooting up in value that mysteriously disappear from my hold because I don't pick up on Wednesday. They've done it once to my daughter too (Naomi). That ain't the way to keep a customer.

Anyone else ever have this happen to them?

Last edited February 20, 2020 8:42:10 am
    Favorite Characters: Lone Ranger, Green Hornet, Captain America, The Shadow, Zorro, The Rocketeer, Jonah Hex
  • Posted: February 20, 2020 11:15:03 am
  • The lcs that usually has about 20-30 copies of Batman mysteriously said they did not receive any extra copies. I bet in a few days their Ebay account will suddenly have some selling for a huge premium.
  • Posted: February 20, 2020 11:44:22 am
  • Yep, my box has 'Lost' a few books too...i ended up cancelling it and told them i was never returning, then they up and went out of business to my pleasure. Now i build up relationships with LCS owners...i have them in my phone and call them as soon as i want something. Only 1 LCS still holds things for me, but ive spent TONS and i get along with the guy very well. He held me a BM89 (only 1, but paid cover) but still got it luckily...My brother didnt have the same luck...but hes a ahole to everyone over the dumbest stuff so its to be expected lol...

My advice...get to know your dealers, you will know who is trustworthy and who is not...and only spend your hard earned money with those you want to stay in business, the rest will fizzle out...

- - - - - - - - - -
    Graded, Awaiting Return

• Posted: February 20, 2020 4:57:28 pm
  • I guess they took my reminder (from when they "lost" Immortal Hulk #2) that there's 3 other comic shops in town to heart and had both my and my daughter's Batman today. The guy even joked about how I needed to flip them quick online. Too bad that isn't why I buy comics.

It's interesting to hear that this has happened to others. It just seems like a sketchy way to lose regular money from a customer just to get a few quick online sales.
    Favorite Characters: Lone Ranger, Green Hornet, Captain America, The Shadow, Zorro, The Rocketeer, Jonah Hex
  • Posted: March 16, 2020 1:31:44 pm
  • Batman 412 is the first appearance of Mime who is Punchline’s mother. Any heat behind this one? I saw Instagram hyping it up.
  • Posted: March 16, 2020 4:03:00 pm
  • I did a price check and it went up slightly from what we had it at, but not sure if thats from being in that movie or punchline...but i highly suspect its from the movie....other then that,in all honesty what has she really been in other then the lego batman movie...not a well known or often used character...Just because shes Punchline's mother, doesnt mean value trickles up the family tree lol...i know you know that, but putting it out there just in case...Mime will get forgotten unless shes used...
    - - - - - - - - - -
    Graded, Awaiting Return

• Posted: March 16, 2020 4:28:19 pm
  • AmZoMBiE said:
    I did a price check and it went up slightly from what we had it at, but not sure if thats from being in that movie or punchline...but i highly suspect its from the movie....other then that,in all honesty what has she really been in other then the lego batman movie...not a well known or often used character...Just because shes Punchline's mother, doesnt mean value trickles up the family tree lol...i know you know that, but putting it out there just in case...Mime will get forgotten unless shes used...

I saw this information on Instagram. Some people on Facebook are saying that Mime is not Punchline’s mother. So who knows?

I just thought it’d be worth a mention for speculation purposes.
10 posts • Page 1 of 1
World Community Grid Logo
ComicBookRealm.com: 56 years, 158 days, 8 hours of Run Time
Help projects like: Smash Childhood Cancer, OpenZika, Help Stop TB, FightAIDS@Home - Phase 2, Outsmart Ebola Together, Mapping Cancer Markers, FightAIDS@Home
Join World Community Grid today!
  • Newest
  • Street Enterprises's Comic Reader Issue # 45
  • IDW Publishing's Duck Avenger TPB # 3
  • Department of the Army Comics's PS Magazine: Preventive Maintenance Monthly Issue # 599
  • BOOM! Studios's Something is Killing the Children Issue # 1ssco
CBR.com member auction items ?