feature requests

Two hot comics coming out next week... (Comic Book Forums)

• Two hot comics coming out next week...

Author Discussion
  • Posted: August 9, 2019 8:31:32 pm
  • According to Bleeding Cool retailers are supposed to destroy Superman #14 and Supergirl #33 due out next week. They are being replaced with "corrected" covers in two weeks. I imagine these will be going for 10 times the cover shortly due to the scarcity. My guess is you will see them on eBay but not by stores...they will sell them to select customers for 2-3 times the cost swearing they destroyed them.
    Favorite Quote: "You're not just some guy in a bat costume are you? ARE YOU FREAKING KIDDING ME?! - Justice League #1, 2011"

Hunting for (mainly reprints/variants) - Please help! - See My Profile
  • Posted: August 10, 2019 12:26:36 pm
  • Why are those two books being recalled? I assume it's because of the covers? Did DC comics accidentally let a nip-slip appear on their cover? Just wondering.
  • Posted: August 10, 2019 1:48:24 pm
  • No...apparently it is because they have on the trade dressing that inside is part of a storyline?
    Favorite Quote: "You're not just some guy in a bat costume are you? ARE YOU FREAKING KIDDING ME?! - Justice League #1, 2011"

• Posted: August 10, 2019 8:38:25 pm
  • Can you explain a little better dough? I am not sure what you are saying. That inside is part of the storyline? A trade dressing? What is that?
    We strike hard and fade away into the night
  • Posted: August 10, 2019 9:58:49 pm
  • Basically the cover advertises a story line, but that story line isn't in the book. So they want everyone to destroy the covers as they are being reprinted...

• Posted: August 12, 2019 8:41:03 pm
  • And look at this: https://www.facebook.com/elitecomicskc/posts/2326088287474270

A LCS not destroying as asked and instead selling them for $10. At least all of the proceeds are going to a great cause.

• Posted: August 13, 2019 1:32:09 pm
  • Now the LCS is saying that DC was able to apparently get Diamond to not ship them. This is even worst case because what are the chances that some Diamond employees flip some, making them even scarcer.

Looking at eBay though some of these are out in the wild and they are going for $25+ each...

Last edited August 13, 2019 1:36:40 pm

• Posted: August 13, 2019 2:14:23 pm
  • Thanks for the tip.
  • Posted: August 19, 2019 2:18:15 pm
  • When will the price value change on this site from $4.00 to let say $40.00 to 50.00(around what Ebay pricing)
  • Posted: August 19, 2019 2:41:33 pm
  • Unless a Mod is looking at it individually, not until someone makes a request in the price check on aisle x forum. If I get time later I can look into it as well.

• Posted: August 19, 2019 2:47:14 pm
  • Thanks for the reply but how do I get there?
  • Posted: August 19, 2019 2:57:06 pm
  • How do you get to the other forum? Go to forums in the navigation, scroll down to it?

• Posted: August 20, 2019 12:33:24 pm
  • So I went there and I posted on there and when I was there I notice a lot of no replies just on the first page all the way back to July 26.So what the point in posting something if no one does nothing.
  • Posted: August 20, 2019 1:33:34 pm
  • Mr.Blackwell said:
    So I went there and I posted on there and when I was there I notice a lot of no replies just on the first page all the way back to July 26.So what the point in posting something if no one does nothing.
    With so many new book additions/price requests/corrections etc the mods have plenty of stuff to do and this isn't a full time job for them. They don't get paid, it is something they do for free during their own spare time so all of us can use this site for free. I also would think that in most cases they want to give the book more time as sometimes it can just by hype. Just be patient and someone will get to it as soon as they can. Smile

Last edited August 20, 2019 1:47:26 pm
    Wubba lubba dub dub
  • Posted: August 20, 2019 3:23:08 pm
  • Yes, what Machete said. Sometimes it is just the novelty of the item. I think some sold for $200 the first day, but now more are flooding the market so to speak.

• Posted: August 20, 2019 3:28:56 pm
  • Actually I just looked and Superman was created yesterday. I just went ahead and did Supergirl and will adjust when the replacement comics come out.

• Posted: August 20, 2019 3:43:55 pm
  • Can I ask that members here know the difference between a Hot comic book and a gimmick? I understand that everyone wants their new comic books to go up in value, but come on, a rare cover that means absolutely nothing is NOT HOT!!!

I wouldn't even be surprised to find out that DC did this release/non-release on purpose to help drive up sales. Let the speculators do their thing and the rest of us "normal" collectors should get busy reading!!

Don't fall for the hype because that's all that is. No one will want those two books in a year's time, you'll see.
  • Posted: August 20, 2019 4:56:19 pm
  • Mr.Blackwell said:
    So I went there and I posted on there and when I was there I notice a lot of no replies just on the first page all the way back to July 26.So what the point in posting something if no one does nothing.

Not sure where you looked, but in the missing forum the oldest post is Aug 18...so it has to get added before we can check pricing, and if no one requested it to be added then here we sit.,,Brick wall
    This being a mod has become a thankless position, maybe we should just let the masses have free reign and add and books and adjust prices to what they see fit. Neutral

Last edited August 20, 2019 5:08:28 pm
    "Disliking everything is not the same thing as having an opinion"

• Posted: August 20, 2019 8:48:02 pm
  • Shame on you lol
    "How to destroy a man... Grant him his heart's desire." --Victor Von Doom
    - - - - - - - - - -
    Latest Additions
    Invaders #7: 1st Union Jack & Baron Blood
    Wolverine #37: 1st Albert
    Marvel Super Heroes Secret Wars #7: 1st Spider-Woman (Julia Carpenter)
    Secret Avengers #23 2nd Print: 1st Agent Venom
  • Posted: August 21, 2019 1:08:10 pm
  • Canuck, I want to personally thank you for all your hard work and many hours of unpaid labour. You have been nothing but a cool-ass guy since I've been here. Yes I am bias towards fellow Canadians (sorry?).

I don't mean to omit AmZoMBiE, dough boy or any of the other mods here. They are all excellent people too!! Remember people, this is a labour of love on their part. Go easy on them with your inane questions or queries.
  • Posted: August 21, 2019 1:55:26 pm
  • I apologize if I made any mods upset about my comment on Supergirl #33.I know they're doing a great job here.I come here for my price guide cause you have almost every book out there.I don't even use the Overstreet any more cause they don't have everything.My comic shop I go to says this is the place to go for price value.Again I apologize and keep up the great work.
  • Posted: August 21, 2019 3:37:43 pm
  • Mr.Blackwell said:
    My comic shop I go to says this is the place to go for price value.

That is one smart comic shop! Twisted Evil

• Posted: August 21, 2019 3:52:55 pm
  • Thanks Brucifer, I guess I get a bit upset when I see all the things the mods do to keep this site as up to date as possible and need to speak out on our behalf. I understand that users of the site want things to happen right away but that's not going to happen. Also a lot of users don't give us enough info and for the time it takes us to do all the research would just mean falling further behind so we pass over them and if/when we get caught up we try to go back to them.
    Most people that know me say I'm a pretty calm laid back guy...that's on the outside, but what they don't know is on the inside I've killed you 3 times already Laughing
    I just think people need to relax as this is a hobby, not life or death.

Mr.Blackwell, apology accepted. Cool

Last edited August 21, 2019 3:54:15 pm
    "Disliking everything is not the same thing as having an opinion"

• Posted: August 21, 2019 6:51:22 pm
  • Dont lie canuck you beat your dog ev time someone says something bad about mods on here...lmao...

Just kidding for anyone sensitive on here...it was a joke and that is it Very Happy

And Blackwell...i didnt take offense...ive grown 3x the normal thickness of skin since becoming a mod lol...

Last edited August 21, 2019 8:48:15 pm
    "How to destroy a man... Grant him his heart's desire." --Victor Von Doom
    - - - - - - - - - -
    Latest Additions
    Invaders #7: 1st Union Jack & Baron Blood
    Wolverine #37: 1st Albert
    Marvel Super Heroes Secret Wars #7: 1st Spider-Woman (Julia Carpenter)
    Secret Avengers #23 2nd Print: 1st Agent Venom
24 posts • Page 1 of 3
World Community Grid Logo
ComicBookRealm.com: 54 years, 99 days, 16 hours of Run Time
Help projects like: Smash Childhood Cancer, OpenZika, Help Stop TB, FightAIDS@Home - Phase 2, Outsmart Ebola Together, Mapping Cancer Markers, FightAIDS@Home
Join World Community Grid today!
  • Newest
  • Image Comics's Frank Frazetta's Sorcerer Issue # 1d
  • Neko Press's Scriptures of the Third Eye Issue # 1
  • Marvel Comics's Spider-Man & Venom: Double Trouble Issue # 2
  • Marvel Comics's True Believers: Star Wars - Death Probe Issue # 1