feature requests

Two hot comics coming out next week... (Comic Book Forums)

• Two hot comics coming out next week...

Author Discussion
  • Posted: August 9, 2019 8:31:32 pm
  • According to Bleeding Cool retailers are supposed to destroy Superman #14 and Supergirl #33 due out next week. They are being replaced with "corrected" covers in two weeks. I imagine these will be going for 10 times the cover shortly due to the scarcity. My guess is you will see them on eBay but not by stores...they will sell them to select customers for 2-3 times the cost swearing they destroyed them.
    Favorite Quote: "You're not just some guy in a bat costume are you? ARE YOU FREAKING KIDDING ME?! - Justice League #1, 2011"

Hunting for (mainly reprints/variants) - Please help! - See My Profile
  • Posted: August 10, 2019 12:26:36 pm
  • Why are those two books being recalled? I assume it's because of the covers? Did DC comics accidentally let a nip-slip appear on their cover? Just wondering.
  • Posted: August 10, 2019 1:48:24 pm
  • No...apparently it is because they have on the trade dressing that inside is part of a storyline?
    Favorite Quote: "You're not just some guy in a bat costume are you? ARE YOU FREAKING KIDDING ME?! - Justice League #1, 2011"

• Posted: August 10, 2019 8:38:25 pm
  • Can you explain a little better dough? I am not sure what you are saying. That inside is part of the storyline? A trade dressing? What is that?
    We strike hard and fade away into the night
  • Posted: August 10, 2019 9:58:49 pm
  • Basically the cover advertises a story line, but that story line isn't in the book. So they want everyone to destroy the covers as they are being reprinted...

• Posted: August 12, 2019 8:41:03 pm
  • And look at this: https://www.facebook.com/elitecomicskc/posts/2326088287474270

A LCS not destroying as asked and instead selling them for $10. At least all of the proceeds are going to a great cause.

• Posted: August 13, 2019 1:32:09 pm
  • Now the LCS is saying that DC was able to apparently get Diamond to not ship them. This is even worst case because what are the chances that some Diamond employees flip some, making them even scarcer.

Looking at eBay though some of these are out in the wild and they are going for $25+ each...

Last edited August 13, 2019 1:36:40 pm

• Posted: August 13, 2019 2:14:23 pm
  • Thanks for the tip.
  • Posted: August 19, 2019 2:18:15 pm
  • When will the price value change on this site from $4.00 to let say $40.00 to 50.00(around what Ebay pricing)
  • Posted: August 19, 2019 2:41:33 pm
  • Unless a Mod is looking at it individually, not until someone makes a request in the price check on aisle x forum. If I get time later I can look into it as well.

24 posts • Page 1 of 3
World Community Grid Logo
ComicBookRealm.com: 63 years, 252 days, 2 hours of Run Time
Help projects like: Smash Childhood Cancer, OpenZika, Help Stop TB, FightAIDS@Home - Phase 2, Outsmart Ebola Together, Mapping Cancer Markers, FightAIDS@Home
Join World Community Grid today!
  • Newest
  • Event Comics's Ash Issue # 0b
  • Event Comics's Ash Issue # 5
  • Image Comics's Man-Eaters: The Cursed Issue # 4
  • DC Comics's Wonder Woman by George Perez TPB # 6