feature requests

Deadpool #5b Garbage Pail Kids Cover (Comic Book Forums)

• Deadpool #5b - Garbage Pail Kids Cover

Author Discussion
  • Posted: October 12, 2018 7:41:50 pm
  • MacheteF7 bought us each one at cover price from our LCS; there was a third but the owner caught on & is now suspicious. I’m not that into Deadpool generally, but I do love Garbage Pail Kids (takes me back to my childhood), & the price just keeps rising. I’m interested to see how it plays out. (I think someone may have already posted about this; if so, I’m sorry for the alternate thread.)
  • Posted: October 12, 2018 8:35:22 pm
  • Ha, MacheteF7 just filled me in on this book the other day and I picked up a copy today. I left a second copy behind at the lcs. I saw the upward trend and the ebay activity immediately after getting home, so I called the lcs and they are holding that last copy for me to pick up tomorrow. The cover is genius. Story is pretty meh, but that cover!
    People want to know. How can I live like this? The risks? The times I've descended into madness? The times I've died? How can I live like this? How could I live any other way?
  • Posted: October 14, 2018 8:59:29 pm
  • This is just in rumor status for now, because I have not found any news links about it...but the rumor is there may be a recall on this issue, due to Marvel not getting permission to use the Garbage pail kids likeness.
    People want to know. How can I live like this? The risks? The times I've descended into madness? The times I've died? How can I live like this? How could I live any other way?
  • Posted: October 14, 2018 10:05:47 pm
  • Yeah it was mentioned last week in a thread by someone I just can’t remember where or who. So when I saw the issues I picked up a couple in case that does happen AND it’s a pretty funny cover, I loved the GPK’s when I was a kid.

Quick story, a few years ago at some guys New Years Eve party someone randomly mentions Garbage Pail Kids. The guy says he’ll be right back. He comes back with a shoe box FULL of them! We’re all drunk off our checking them out, it was pretty fun. I couldn’t believe he still had them lol.
    nem·e·sis
    noun
    A righteous infliction of retribution manifested by an appropriate agent
  • Posted: October 15, 2018 7:32:23 am
  • If he still has them, they're probably worth a ton.
  • Posted: October 15, 2018 8:57:18 am
  • Morgayne said:
    If he still has them, they're probably worth a ton.

I'm sure he does. They weren't very well cared for, just all loose piled in a shoe box but probably worth something still I'm sure.
    nem·e·sis
    noun
    A righteous infliction of retribution manifested by an appropriate agent
  • Posted: October 15, 2018 7:26:30 pm
  • MacheteF7 said:
    Yeah it was mentioned last week in a thread by someone I just can’t remember where or who. So when I saw the issues I picked up a couple in case that does happen AND it’s a pretty funny cover, I loved the GPK’s when I was a kid.

Quick story, a few years ago at some guys New Years Eve party someone randomly mentions Garbage Pail Kids. The guy says he’ll be right back. He comes back with a shoe box FULL of them! We’re all drunk off our checking them out, it was pretty fun. I couldn’t believe he still had them lol.

Those were definitely the days. I had some of them as well. It has been awhile, maybe a couple of years...but for kicks I checked out some Series 1 lots up for sale online. Yeah, they are worth quite a little bit. Too funny that your friend still had a bunch readily available. I detect a probable spit shot at your party after that.
    When I started working at my current location, I was cleaning out under some areas that had not been touched in probably decades. I ran across an original MadBall. (reminded me of the grotesqueness of the Garbage Pail kids). It was the eyeball one. Of course, I had to have it, and made them sell it to me for a quarter.
7 posts • Page 1 of 1
World Community Grid Logo
ComicBookRealm.com: 63 years, 252 days, 2 hours of Run Time
Help projects like: Smash Childhood Cancer, OpenZika, Help Stop TB, FightAIDS@Home - Phase 2, Outsmart Ebola Together, Mapping Cancer Markers, FightAIDS@Home
Join World Community Grid today!
  • Newest
  • Marvel Comics's Avengers Issue # 49d
  • Adventures in Poetry's Kiss my Ass / Sufferin’ Succotash Issue nn
  • September Press's Messenger 29 Issue # 1
  • Marvel Comics's X-Men Classics Issue # 3