feature requests

Batman: Damned #1 (Comic Book Forums)

• Batman: Damned #1

Author Discussion
  • Posted: September 22, 2018 8:05:37 pm
  • Oh, comic book writers/artists. You guys are so silly. I'm glad I pre-ordered a copy, but I'm confused that comic book fans would go so crazy over a shlong. Sounds like over-hype and a waste of time to me, so obviously the book is going to skyrocket in value.
  • Posted: September 24, 2018 1:46:51 pm
  • It's just hype. I wouldn't even waste my time on this one. Reminds me of All-Star Batman & Robin #10. That issue was the one they recalled. Later released with blacked out boxes on all the obscenities. It sold for a good amount when it was released... and now no one cares anymore.
    We strike hard and fade away into the night
  • Posted: September 24, 2018 3:01:45 pm
  • I was in my local store on Saturday & he'd already pulled them all from the shelves & wanted $40 a pop...I want one for the collectability at this point, but not at that price right now....
  • Posted: September 24, 2018 7:08:02 pm
  • They are not censoring the 2nd printings only lol...there is a shipment coming in this week of 1st prints that will be censored as well...i luckily found 2 copies (at cover price) on saturday at a shop about 1.5 hrs away from where i live...well worth the trip...

Last edited September 24, 2018 7:09:55 pm
    "How to destroy a man... Grant him his heart's desire." --Victor Von Doom
    - - - - - - - - - -
    Latest Additions
    Secret Wars #1 CGC 9.8 Dr. Doom Custom Label... Cameo Emperor Doom!!
    Secret Wars #2 CGC 9.8 Dr. Doom Custom Label... 1st full app of Emperor Doom!!!
  • Posted: October 30, 2018 6:17:11 am
  • Wasn't there a similar "situation" with Spider-Man: Reign #1 a while back? It peaked at around $14 and is now going for $4 . . . how sustainable is this and does it even make sense? Also . . . does this constitute a "first appearance"? LOL The excitement about said "first appearance" seems to detract from what appears to be a cool comic. How does the actual story / art rate? Don't own a copy, so just curious?
  • Posted: October 30, 2018 6:52:51 pm
  • its not a first appearance per say...but rather 1st Black Label of DC...

Updated news on this issue i read yesterday...They are now not going to reprint issue #1, and issue #2's release date has been pushed back to December 5th i believe i read...that being said the value may now hold because of print #'s, supply/demand is what constitutes a value increase so that is where this issue may differ from the spidey example.

On a side note: Batman off shoot stories like this have historically been pretty successful and have held value in a lot of cases...examples Dark Knight Returns & Killing Joke, among many more...

Last edited October 30, 2018 6:55:39 pm
    "How to destroy a man... Grant him his heart's desire." --Victor Von Doom
    - - - - - - - - - -
    Latest Additions
    Secret Wars #1 CGC 9.8 Dr. Doom Custom Label... Cameo Emperor Doom!!
    Secret Wars #2 CGC 9.8 Dr. Doom Custom Label... 1st full app of Emperor Doom!!!
  • Posted: December 20, 2018 4:17:05 am
  • I was just disappointed to see that Bats was Circumcised Sad
  • Posted: December 20, 2018 7:31:24 am
  • ^^ lmao
9 posts • Page 1 of 1
World Community Grid Logo
ComicBookRealm.com: 72 years, 186 days, 23 hours of Run Time
Help projects like: Smash Childhood Cancer, OpenZika, Help Stop TB, FightAIDS@Home - Phase 2, Outsmart Ebola Together, Mapping Cancer Markers, FightAIDS@Home
Join World Community Grid today!
When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
  • Newest
  • Marvel Comics's Cable Issue # 3c
  • Coldfact Comic Group's Coldfact Comics Issue # 23
  • Image Comics's Feral Issue # 1third eye
  • Massive Publishing's Zorro: Man of the Dead Issue # 3c