feature requests

Batman TMNT (Comic Book Forums)

• Batman TMNT

Author Discussion
  • Posted: July 3, 2016 12:50:08 pm
  • These books are going for good money right now, especially the Eastman variants. I collect all TMNT things, specifically the old 1984 mirage run and the current IDW series... I scoffed at my comic store lady for dropping the TMNT Batman #1 eastman cover in my box a few months ago. Glad I have it!!
  • Posted: July 6, 2016 10:20:32 am
  • I'm also a TMNT fan. I only picked up the first issue on this one and it's just the regular cover. I'll have to check to see what it's selling for... I just wasn't that into the storyline and was more excited about what was going on on the main IDW TMNT title so did not pursue it.

On a side note I got to meet Freddie Williams (artist on Batman/TMNT) last month at Heroes Con. He's a really great guy and very approachable. I was looking through some of his portfolio pieces and prints he had at his table and must say he draws an amazing Superman. I jokingly asked him, "why hasn't DC signed you up to do Superman?" He replied, "They haven't seen any of that stuff I've drawn of him but would love to do an issue. He's one of my favorite characters".
    We strike hard and fade away into the night
  • Posted: July 6, 2016 10:43:49 am
  • I have all of the new IDW series, and mostly Eastman covers/variants of all....all #1 variants too. All crossovers, spinoffs, and weird one-shots as well. I love the new series. Eastman brought it justice and retribution for the dark period of TMNT.

I have 1-62 of the original run. #1 is 2nd print, peter's personal copy, has a major printer flaw error going down the right side of cover and back cover - signed and sketched by both Eastman and Laird. Eastman knew immediately whose book it was when I approaced him for a signature. I also have Eastman's personal NYCC "Laird Variant" of #3, yellow label CGC that clearly states on the yellow label, "From the personal collection of Kevin Eastman". I also have a wide collection of Peter's toys, all signed by him as well.

Here's an album of some of my items I am most proud of: https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10207942712618873.1073741830.1028855689&type=1&l=08edd84526

My white whale is Gobbledygook #1 and #2. They cost a fortune and rightfully so at only 50 known to exist.

Last edited July 6, 2016 10:46:51 am
  • Posted: July 6, 2016 1:29:16 pm
  • That's pretty awesome kaptainmyke. Very nice collection. I have most of 1-62 of the original Mirage run as well. I'm just missing issues #53 and 55. I also have a 1st, 2nd, and 3rd printing of the 1984 issue #1. None are in good shape but I got them all at such great deals, back when the turtles craze was dying down in the late 90s. No one was really into the Turtles anymore at that time and I picked up the first print for $50 cash at a local comic book show. The 2nd and 3rd printings I bought both for right under $20 at another show.

I'll have to go through my collection and see what I have that is also rare. I have some neat Turtles items like a Spanish (printed in Spain) trade paperback that reprints the first 6 issues. The TMNT Martial Arts Training Manual is also a neat one to have. I have a fondness for the early trade paperbacks published by FIRST because that's when I first started reading them. They're somewhat rare now days.

I also have 1 Leonardo sketch by Eastman and 2 sketches by Laird, one he did for free back in the early 2000s when he was still doing cons. It was such a weird time for the Turtles during those years because that was right before the 2003 4Kids animated series and sort of a low point in TMNT history. I still remember hardly anyone was at his table setup at that con and it was really easy to get things signed.
  • Posted: July 6, 2016 1:36:41 pm
  • Thank you. I have to hide everything from my 10 yr old LOL

It's crazy I have tmnt toys worth more than the comics! Still looking for a deal on scratch and shogun triceraton.

Edit: I added more photos today.

Last edited July 6, 2016 3:20:44 pm
  • Posted: July 7, 2016 3:09:46 am
  • @Rapha and the good Kaptain: It would seem the two of you are TMNT experts so I might as well ask you. I only have a few of their comics (#4 - 6 I believe, or something like that), but I also own their original action figures still unopened. Are those worth anything? Thanks, guys.
    Tenzil
  • Posted: July 7, 2016 3:14:43 am
  • Yes, the vintage action figures - some unopened go for thousands. You also have to know what to look for: hat on, hat off, cloth robe, plastic robe, purple belt, black belt, soft heads, plastic heads, wave 1, wave 2, etc. Some will tell you Scratch and Hot Spot are the rarest, but this is not true. Shogun Triceraton with the gold coin and Undercover Leo With cloth Coat and gold coin are among the rarest. Any figure with the pop up display, gold coin, Japan figure or original 1988 figure with 10 back card and rubber soft heads go for hundreds. The original 4 turtles with fan club inserts and rubber heads go for $200 each sealed, mint on card.

Last edited July 7, 2016 3:15:20 am
  • Posted: July 7, 2016 10:59:37 am
  • Tenzil said:
    I only have a few of their comics (#4 - 6 I believe, or something like that), but I also own their original action figures still unopened. Are those worth anything? Thanks, guys.

The first 12 issues of Vol.1 of the Mirage series are highly sought after because they were the ones written and drawn by Eastman & Laird. They came back as a team for issues 19-21 (Return to New York) which are also sought after by collectors and then finished the series with their last storyline together which ran from issues 50-62 (City at War). Your issue #4 has the most value because it was still printed in the large format size before they went to normal comic book size. There's an explanation to this somewhere out there. I think it was that the printer made an error on size and they just decided to stick with it. Everything under issue 5 had low print runs.

I'm not an expert on the toys but I do have a few. I do know the soft headed ones from the 80s are the most sought after. They were the first run of toys released by Playmates in 1988.
  • Posted: July 7, 2016 11:05:22 am
  • Even with the new 2011 IDW comic book series if you are lucky enough to buy all Eastman covers and subscription RI covers you are SET. #1 is at $100 right now all day

Last edited July 7, 2016 11:05:46 am
19 posts • Page 1 of 2
World Community Grid Logo
ComicBookRealm.com: 72 years, 186 days, 23 hours of Run Time
Help projects like: Smash Childhood Cancer, OpenZika, Help Stop TB, FightAIDS@Home - Phase 2, Outsmart Ebola Together, Mapping Cancer Markers, FightAIDS@Home
Join World Community Grid today!
When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
  • Newest
  • Coldfact Comic Group's Coldfact Comics Issue # 43
  • Image Comics's Feral Issue # 1kksm
  • Phoenix Studios's Pagan Valley Soft Cover # 1
  • Studio Brie Comix's The Clique Issue # ½