feature requests

Peter Parker : The Spectacular Spider man #1 26 (is this a good purchase?) (Comic Book Forums)

• Peter Parker : The Spectacular Spider-man #1-26 (is this a good purchase?)

Author Discussion
  • Posted: November 4, 2015 9:19:58 pm
  • I have come across Peter Parker : The Spectacular Spider-man #1-26 all in good condition. My guess would be 9.0 or better. All are in plastic covers with backer boards. The guy is asking about $150.00. Checking values on here it would appear that they value at about $420.00. What would be a legitimate expectation of what I could get for them? If I buy them I would definitely be looking at flipping them.
  • Posted: November 5, 2015 3:43:56 am
  • If you're guessing all the books are about a 9.0 in grade - or in VF/NM condition - the value of those in the Overstreet Price Guide (OPG) is $399 which is very comparable to the $420 which you quoted is the value here at CBR, so lets just say $400 to make it easy on us. Now odds are that the person you might be flipping the books to is not willing to pay OPG or CBR values so knock off about 20-25% from the start. That leaves you with a chance of getting $300 for those. However, the only book in that run from 1-26 that some might consider as key - a minor one probably - is the first issue. And for that issue alone, if it's in VF/NM condition, you could get $50 on a good day. That means the remaining 25 books must justify the other $250 you'd like to get from the buyer you're flipping the books to. So the average possible value on those 25 books is $10. Odds are your buyer would like to offer $4 to $5 per book on those since he is buying in bulk which adds up between $100 to $125. So if you do the math, that totals between $150-$175 as a realistic amount you could get for that run from #1 through $26. Which means if you buy them for $150 and can only sell them for a net profit between 0 and $25 then it's probably not worth your time. And it's definitely not worth it if those books grade out, on average, below a 9.0 which is likely to happen. In other words, I would pass on this. That's just my two cents worth, there are more knowledgeable people here on buying-selling-flipping of comics in the CBR forums then me so get their opinions too.

P.S. - When you say a book is in good condition, well that terminology is equivalent to saying a book has been graded as a 2.0 not a 9.0 grade.

P.S.S. - Good luck in whatever you decide to do.

Last edited November 5, 2015 1:40:14 pm
  • Posted: November 6, 2015 12:54:53 am
  • Great reply Bob Smile

Totally agree.
  • Posted: November 7, 2015 2:20:21 am
  • Thanks, Genesis. Good to know I'm not talking completely out of my .
4 posts • Page 1 of 1
World Community Grid Logo
ComicBookRealm.com: 72 years, 186 days, 23 hours of Run Time
Help projects like: Smash Childhood Cancer, OpenZika, Help Stop TB, FightAIDS@Home - Phase 2, Outsmart Ebola Together, Mapping Cancer Markers, FightAIDS@Home
Join World Community Grid today!
When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
  • Newest
  • Marvel Comics's Captain America Issue # 425b
  • Classics Illustrated Comics's Classics Illustrated: The Red Badge of Courage TPB # 1
  • Book Palace's Complete Comet Jet-Ace Logan Stories Hard Cover # 1
  • Ab3 12c Ent.'s The Nefarious Smyths: Trouble in Tijuana TPB # 1b