feature requests

Stephen Kings Dark Tower (Comic Book Forums)

• Stephen Kings Dark Tower

Author Discussion
  • Posted: August 6, 2015 2:36:18 am
  • With the announcement of the Dark Tower from FOX in 2017, is it too early for movement on these issues?
  • Posted: August 6, 2015 2:37:25 am
  • Sorry, not FOX . . . its Sony . . . LOL, was reading this right after a Deadpool post.
  • Posted: August 6, 2015 4:32:08 pm
  • Grab the first series if you can find at a decent price. I really enjoyed Jae Lee's art on those.
    We strike hard and fade away into the night
  • Posted: August 7, 2015 1:47:17 am
  • Hard to say with comic adaptions of books. It seems to matter what order it was released: - book to comic to TV or movie. For example: The Strain.
    But if it's another order - book then TV or Movie then comic it doesn't seem to create any heat for the comic. For example: Game of Thrones.

Past examples seems to indicate that the order is correct.
  • Posted: August 7, 2015 4:21:35 am
  • junobeach said:
    Hard to say with comic adaptions of books. It seems to matter what order it was released: - book to comic to TV or movie. For example: The Strain. But if it's another order - book then TV or Movie then comic it doesn't seem to create any heat for the comic. For example: Game of Thrones. Past examples seems to indicate that the order is correct.

The books were first, then the comics . . . now the movie. I'm not sure how the translation from book to comic worked or how well it was done but if Stephen King was happy with it then I'm sure it was a fair translation. Anyone out there read both the books and the comics?

I think that if the screenplay lends from the mood of the comic (as with Miller's 300), then there should be quite a bit of potential.

The art is honestly some of the best stuff I have ever seen and I highly recommend it to anyone out there. Awesome writing, over-the-top amazing art and a really good quality product overall (card-stock covers, etc.)
5 posts • Page 1 of 1
World Community Grid Logo
ComicBookRealm.com: of Run Time
Help projects like: Smash Childhood Cancer, OpenZika, Help Stop TB, FightAIDS@Home - Phase 2, Outsmart Ebola Together, Mapping Cancer Markers, FightAIDS@Home
Join World Community Grid today!
When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
  • Newest
  • DC Comics's Batman: Off-World Issue # 4b
  • Image Comics's Kid Cudi Presents: Moon Man Issue # 2c
  • Seven Seas Entertainment's Reincarnated as a Sword Soft Cover # 12
  • Marvel Comics's The Invincible Iron Man Issue # 17b