feature requests

ROM 1/Micronauts 1 (Comic Book Forums)

• ROM 1/Micronauts 1

Author Discussion
  • Posted: July 16, 2015 12:50:16 pm
  • Since IDW is picking up both titles. Is there a possibility that the original #1's will shoot up in price more. Even with the rumor that ROM might have a cameo in a future Guardians films?
  • Posted: July 16, 2015 1:42:12 pm
  • I doubt ROM will appear in any Marvel movie as Parker Brothers hold the rights to ROM and Disney will not support anything they don't own.
    As for prices going up, maybe a bit, but without the Marvel Characters that appeared in the Marvel comics of both titles the new series may be uninspiring...only time will tell.
    I know ROM #1 has ticked up on the speculation of Movie appearance, but like I said I doubt it will happen.

Last edited July 16, 2015 1:43:10 pm
    "Disliking everything is not the same thing as having an opinion"

• Posted: July 16, 2015 3:02:54 pm
  • How accurate is your guestimate. Stranger things have happened
  • Posted: July 16, 2015 3:12:14 pm
  • I would say 99%, but yes things can happen, like Disney paying Parker Brothers to have ROM make a cameo...but I doubt they would.
    I guess if IDW can make an awesome comic of ROM and the Micronauts then I guess back issues may spike as speculators scurry to the LCS trying to make a quick buck.

If you think they will go up in value just go out and buy them and cross your fingers. Laughing

• Posted: July 16, 2015 10:04:50 pm
  • Chances of ROM being in any Marvel movie is slim to none.
  • Posted: July 17, 2015 2:30:24 am
  • I have to agree with juno and the Canucklehead. While it would be fun to see Rom make an appearance onscreen from what I know of Disney it is just not likely going to happen.
    Tenzil
  • Posted: July 17, 2015 3:04:07 am
  • Definitely agree that there won't be an appearance. If there were so many hoops to jump throught for Spider-Man, then they wouldn't waste their time and money on something like that.
  • Posted: August 10, 2015 2:18:08 pm
  • Well I have to disagree with y'all seeing that Gunn is a huge fan of the character and he can do whatever he wants to his films (i.e. Guardians of the Galaxy with Howard the Duck)
  • Posted: August 10, 2015 6:15:17 pm
  • Well, Howard is a Marvel character and Rom is not. James Gunn would have to go through Disney/Marvel to add Rom to a GotG movie.
  • Posted: August 11, 2015 10:20:19 am
  • Unless they could acquire the rights for ROM from Parker Brothers for cheap It won't happen, Disney's not going to support a character they don't own...look what they're doing with X-Men and FF

16 posts • Page 1 of 2
World Community Grid Logo
ComicBookRealm.com: 72 years, 252 days, 5 hours of Run Time
Help projects like: Smash Childhood Cancer, OpenZika, Help Stop TB, FightAIDS@Home - Phase 2, Outsmart Ebola Together, Mapping Cancer Markers, FightAIDS@Home
Join World Community Grid today!
When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
  • Newest
  • Faro's Lounge's Faro's Lounge: American Safari Sketchbook Issue nn - inauguration
  • Vertigo's Hellblazer TPB # 1 - 2nd print
  • DC Black Label's John Constantine: Hellblazer - Dead In America Issue # 4b
  • Marvel Comics's Spider-Boy Issue # 6c