feature requests

Postal from Top Cow headed for a 2nd Print. Worth lookin' in to? (Comic Book Forums)

• Postal from Top Cow headed for a 2nd Print. Worth lookin' in to?

Author Discussion
  • Posted: April 10, 2015 3:57:44 pm

Synopsis

(W) Bryan Hill & Matt Hawkins (A) Isaac Goodhart

The townsfolk of Eden, Wyoming wake up to the first official murder the town has seen in 25 years. Their reaction to this isn’t normal, and there’s a reason for that. Eden operates as a haven for fugitive criminals who remain here while new identities, often including facial reconstruction, are created for them. There is zero tolerance for any illegal activity that might draw attention to the town and an “official murder” is the last thing they want. A single, tight-knit family runs Eden with the youngest oddball son Mark Shiffron overseeing the postal branch, the only means of shipping in or out of the city. THE FBI has repeatedly been foiled trying to insert an undercover here; they see Mark as the weak link to exploit. This murder gives them a new opportunity.

I didn't grab it when it first came out but my interest is piqued now that it is heading to a second print. Is anyone reading this and if so, how is it?

fsjeter's John Romita Sr Spider Man Covers album on Photobucket
  • Posted: April 10, 2015 4:01:17 pm
  • Both issues #1 and #2 are getting a 2nd print. Wondering if I should get it before it sees a bump. Hmmm?
  • Posted: April 11, 2015 2:18:15 am
  • The idea certainly seems intriguing, but no, I have not read any of them.
    Tenzil
  • Posted: April 11, 2015 12:34:30 pm
  • I picked it up. The story piqued my interest so I will continue to get it. The protagonist has Aspergers so it's unique in that regard.
  • Posted: April 11, 2015 6:07:24 pm
  • Ordered both covers of 1 & 2 and grabbed both of #2 from my LCS. Looking forward to checkin' it out.
  • Posted: April 17, 2015 8:22:22 am
  • If you mean for $$$, no. If you mean for story, then I'd at least give #1 a shot. This writer puts out quality material so it's just a matter if you like the art/genre. This one is sort of a mystery tale set in a small town.

Some of his other books, Think Tank and Wildfire, were really good reads as well.
  • Posted: April 29, 2015 1:48:56 pm
  • So I've picked up the first 3 issues. Interesting angle. I like it. I have a feeling it will change to a monthly and keep going. Applause
7 posts • Page 1 of 1
World Community Grid Logo
ComicBookRealm.com: 72 years, 252 days, 5 hours of Run Time
Help projects like: Smash Childhood Cancer, OpenZika, Help Stop TB, FightAIDS@Home - Phase 2, Outsmart Ebola Together, Mapping Cancer Markers, FightAIDS@Home
Join World Community Grid today!
When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
  • Newest
  • Titan Comics's Blade Runner 2039 Issue # 12c
  • Robin Snyder and Steve Ditko's Steve Ditko's Static TPB # 1-2nd print
  • Marvel Comics's The Micronauts: The Original Marvel Years - Omnibus Hard Cover # 1d
  • Marvel Comics's Venom: Dark Origin Issue # 5b