feature requests

adam warlock (Comic Book Forums)

• adam warlock

Author Discussion
  • Posted: January 5, 2015 10:50:15 pm
  • Anybody think his books will get hot considering movie story lines
  • Posted: January 6, 2015 12:27:40 am
  • I feel there's already been a lot of buzz with his early books based on seeing a cocoon in both Thor 2 and GOTG movies.
  • Posted: January 9, 2015 10:25:19 pm
  • Adam Warlock's key issues have been hot for quite a while now...especially his first appearances...2nd appearance of the character has also gained steam in the market.
  • Posted: January 12, 2015 8:36:18 pm
  • I agree. I have most of the key first appearances from FF and Thor, and am trying to fill in some bronze age issues. They are going for significantly more than what is listed on this site or in the latest Overstreet. Deals can still be had, but it is tough and one must be patient.

Seems like every time Marvel hints at any character moving to a film any related material goes up in value.

Question is, will it last or is it just speculation on the part of collector's.
  • Posted: January 13, 2015 2:43:11 pm
  • Try a comic con and find a decent dealer. I got Marvel Premiere #1 at a VF grade for $40 bucks late last year...which was already well into the Adam Warlock hype and even after Thor Dark World and Guardians of the Galaxy gave nods to HIM's cocoon.

It depends concerning the speculation hype and how the character is used in a franchise. Black Widow is infinitely a lot more popular now than she was before Iron Man 2. She was still a popular character before, but now even little kids know who she is.

We are in a superhero revival for sure. These movies are exposing the characters we love and grew up on to a whole new generation. The ladies are even reading comics at large today.

I believe it is speculation pushing the prices up to enormous degrees, best example is ASM #300 at CGC 9.8, average selling price around a grand for a Copper Age comic that isn't really so rare. In the long run, I don't think it will sustain for that particular key. It does depend on certain issues, and ASM #300 isn't a comic I would buy now as an investment, at least at CGC 9.8.
  • Posted: January 13, 2015 7:37:37 pm
  • Hey GCH91 I have soom of the books you are looking for . Check it out I am sure we can to amutual agreement
  • Posted: June 17, 2015 12:20:26 am
  • totalcomicmayhem said:
    Adam Warlock's key issues have been hot for quite a while now...especially his first appearances...2nd appearance of the character has also gained steam in the market.

I agree with this. I think he is a logical inclusion in the MCU moving foward. They are already pushing into space with GotG, so in my mind mixing that with the clues they have been dropping means it will happen. Maybe in the Infinity series or some other part of Phase 3, but I suspect we will see him on the screen.

I would be looking for the FF issues as well as the Warlock series which I think is still a bit undervalued.

- Craig Coffman
  • Posted: June 17, 2015 2:37:57 pm
  • rpenny88 said:
    I feel there's already been a lot of buzz with his early books based on seeing a cocoon in both Thor 2 and GOTG movies.

Whereabouts in the movies are the cocoon scenes in Thor 2 & GOTG?
11 posts • Page 1 of 2
World Community Grid Logo
ComicBookRealm.com: 72 years, 243 days, 20 hours of Run Time
Help projects like: Smash Childhood Cancer, OpenZika, Help Stop TB, FightAIDS@Home - Phase 2, Outsmart Ebola Together, Mapping Cancer Markers, FightAIDS@Home
Join World Community Grid today!
When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
  • Newest
  • Marvel Comics's Ghost Rider: Final Vengeance Issue # 2b
  • Titan Comics's Rebel Moon: House of the Bloodaxe Issue # 2 - 2nd print
  • Marvel Comics's Star Wars: Darth Vader Issue # 45c
  • Marvel Comics's Wolverine: Weapon X Issue # 16b