feature requests

Movies inflate origins too? (Comic Book Forums)

• Movies inflate origins too?

Author Discussion
  • Posted: April 2, 2014 3:03:19 am
  • What do you guys think?

Would it be a good investment to buy origin issues in anticipation for movies? Like for example FF53(Origin of BP) in anticipation for the BP movie that marvel has basically confirmed.

I have not been really investing in comics in this way so far, so I am not sure if origin issues really inflate like first appearances do.

Anybody with experience in this wanna comment?

• Posted: April 2, 2014 8:00:01 am
  • I think you would be better off collecting what you like. The minute you start trying to collect for investment purposes you likely will make nothing or next to it.

To each their own though. Some might have already been flipping FF53 and the pricing could already be up there...

Good luck!
    Favorite Quote: "You're not just some guy in a bat costume are you? ARE YOU FREAKING KIDDING ME?! - Justice League #1, 2011"

Hunting for (mainly reprints/variants) - Please help! - See My Profile
  • Posted: April 2, 2014 5:57:38 pm
  • Personally, 1st appearances usually garner more value, but I would say Origin stories will go up in value but not as high as 1st appearances. Now, if it's a 1st app and origin, then those would probably be more valuable.

That's just my opinion though. If I had a choice, I'd get 1st appearances.

When a new character gets introduced on TV or in a movie, I try to find their 1st app first before the price gets horribly inflated.
  • Posted: April 2, 2014 9:40:01 pm
  • A lot of movies change origin details (some big, some small) so collecting origin issues would be a gamble.
  • Posted: April 2, 2014 10:23:18 pm
  • kewilson said:
    Personally, 1st appearances usually garner more value, but I would say Origin stories will go up in value but not as high as 1st appearances. Now, if it's a 1st app and origin, then those would probably be more valuable.

That's just my opinion though. If I had a choice, I'd get 1st appearances.

When a new character gets introduced on TV or in a movie, I try to find their 1st app first before the price gets horribly inflated.

That's what I do too. I have tons of characters on my list of 1st appearances to buy but once they are announced for a film or show I try to get them right away so I don't have to pay a lot more if htey do happen to go up.
    "You will soon see the distinct advantages of having no scruples whatsoever!" - Cobra Commander
  • Posted: April 3, 2014 10:46:58 pm
  • Yup, just collect to read and be happy... investing to flip quickly will lead to heartache... and empty wallets
6 posts • Page 1 of 1
World Community Grid Logo
ComicBookRealm.com: 64 years, 124 days, 10 hours of Run Time
Help projects like: Smash Childhood Cancer, OpenZika, Help Stop TB, FightAIDS@Home - Phase 2, Outsmart Ebola Together, Mapping Cancer Markers, FightAIDS@Home
Join World Community Grid today!
  • Newest
  • DIY Comix's Black Church Issue # 1
  • McDonalds Corp's McDonald's McNugget Buddies Adventures Issue nn
  • Marvel Comics's Savage Sword of Conan Issue # 1i
  • Marvel Comics's X-Men Gold Issue # 30krs-d