feature requests

X Factor #5 and #6 (Comic Book Forums)

• X-Factor #5 and #6

Author Discussion
  • Posted: January 6, 2014 5:07:05 pm
  • With Apocalypse planned to appear in an upcoming X-Men film, these two books are getting hotter--especially #6. I saw a raw copy, graded by the seller at 8.5, currently at over $30.
  • Posted: January 6, 2014 7:05:43 pm
  • Lyria Exchange has multiple documented ebay auctions of these issues in ungraded states go for close to 40.
  • Posted: January 7, 2014 10:21:24 am
  • Where do people think this will go? Will there be a steady increase in value until the film is released, or should people offload now to capitalise on the speculation?
  • Posted: January 7, 2014 6:02:02 pm
  • That is a good question, Jubbafat. Can we look at Daredevil #111 (1st Silver Samurai) and get an idea of where X-
    factor #5 & #6 will end up after the movie is released. Daredevill #111 was white hot just before The Wolverine came out. How is that issue doing now? I personally have not looked to see, but it would be interesting to know.
  • Posted: January 7, 2014 7:39:27 pm
  • Daredevil 111 seems to be as valuable as other issues from that year, right now. I picked up an excellent copy for seven dollars when the movie came out. In my observations, issues peak when the announcements are made and before the films are released. But also, Apocalypse is probably a lot more known as a villain, thanks to 90's cartoon and video games. Also the hype around a movie may help, Thanos and Ultron's first appearances are way up last I checked.
  • Posted: January 19, 2014 6:17:58 pm
  • Daredevil #111, first appearance of Silver Samurai, is still dropping way above guide prices for grades in the NM range that are CGC copies. Unslabbed, raw copies are selling above guide prices as well for most grades.

It's about time this comic took a jump in demand and value. It's been well over a year since the character was announced to be in The Wolverine. It's still going strong, maybe not as strong as the first initial wave of hype, but the demand is still pushing this book above it's OS guide values.
6 posts • Page 1 of 1
World Community Grid Logo
ComicBookRealm.com: 64 years, 124 days, 10 hours of Run Time
Help projects like: Smash Childhood Cancer, OpenZika, Help Stop TB, FightAIDS@Home - Phase 2, Outsmart Ebola Together, Mapping Cancer Markers, FightAIDS@Home
Join World Community Grid today!
  • Newest
  • Marvel Comics's Daredevil Issue # 36b
  • Bear Claw's My Nightmarish Little Venomous Ponies Issue # 1bear-g
  • Mitch Morrill's Pervert Comix Issue # 1
  • Papercutz's The Fly Hard Cover # 1