feature requests

Man of Steel 17 (Comic Book Forums)

• Man of Steel 17

Author Discussion
  • Posted: December 7, 2013 8:51:29 am

• So this is issue is heating up again? I guess talk of Doomsday in the new Superman/Batman is driving this. Check out the link.

http://bit.ly/1kmJEc2
  • Posted: December 8, 2013 5:39:55 pm
  • Is #17 more desirable than Doomsday's full apearance in #18?
  • Posted: December 8, 2013 6:28:28 pm
  • I'm pretty sure #17 is only his fist in a containment suit pounding against a wall and similar for 3 more issues in his other titles until he breaks out in #18
  • Posted: December 9, 2013 12:13:07 am
  • Yeah, that guy got screwed. #18 will be the big one.
  • Posted: December 9, 2013 7:42:31 am
  • I believe 17 would probably be considered a cameo.

Kind of like does Wolverine appear in shadows or something at the end of Hulk 180?

Of course he doesn't technically get out of his suit until JL starts fighting with him if I remember right...
    Favorite Quote: "You're not just some guy in a bat costume are you? ARE YOU FREAKING KIDDING ME?! - Justice League #1, 2011"

Hunting for (mainly reprints/variants) - Please help! - See My Profile
  • Posted: December 9, 2013 11:11:31 am
  • dough boy said:
    I believe 17 would probably be considered a cameo.

Kind of like does Wolverine appear in shadows or something at the end of Hulk 180?

Of course he doesn't technically get out of his suit until JL starts fighting with him if I remember right...
    I always thought Wolverine's appearance in Hulk 180 should be considered more than a cameo. You see him in full uniform interacting with the Hulk and Wendigo, plus he even says what his name is!
  • Posted: December 9, 2013 11:41:37 am
  • True...but if you look at it from just appearing in one panel/page maybe that is what is considered a cameo?

Regardless, if Doomsday will be in the Batman/Superman movie then I would figure the whole arc would be worth more. Possibly even the Superman: Doomsday prestige formats that delve into his background...
    Favorite Quote: "You're not just some guy in a bat costume are you? ARE YOU FREAKING KIDDING ME?! - Justice League #1, 2011"

Hunting for (mainly reprints/variants) - Please help! - See My Profile
  • Posted: December 9, 2013 12:23:01 pm
  • junobeach said:
    dough boy said:
    I believe 17 would probably be considered a cameo.

I always thought Wolverine's appearance in Hulk 180 should be considered more than a cameo. You see him in full uniform interacting with the Hulk and Wendigo, plus he even says what his name is!

Concerning Incredible Hulk 180 being Wolverine's true first appearance, I have thought the same thing for years. We see a head-to-toe shot of Wolverine; he is given dialogue; he is even called Weapon X earlier in the issue. We just don't seem him jumping around fighting Hulk or going berserk on Wendigo.

It will be interesting to see if Man of Steel #18 gains some steam over the next few months.
  • Posted: December 9, 2013 1:04:38 pm
  • I have ad this discussion/argument for the past three years. When I bought Uncanny X-Men 281. I was told that was Bishops first cameo appearance. I had to have 282 to have his 1st appearance. I even blogged about this whole matter on this site when I first joined. I believe the first time you see a character. Not a shadow or a hand or foot, but see the character, that should be their first appearance. But I am told this is wrong.
  • Posted: December 31, 2013 11:55:43 pm
  • I think 17 and 18 are both going to be hot. 17 has a much lower print run, I believe, and it's the very beginning of the death of superman arc. The second print will be the hot book to own having an even smaller print run. Very collectible.
    18 has 5 printings. The fifth being the hardest book to find. I love trying to find these "out in the wild". I can't wait for them to announce the doomsday movie. Dancing
14 posts • Page 1 of 2
World Community Grid Logo
ComicBookRealm.com: 72 years, 186 days, 23 hours of Run Time
Help projects like: Smash Childhood Cancer, OpenZika, Help Stop TB, FightAIDS@Home - Phase 2, Outsmart Ebola Together, Mapping Cancer Markers, FightAIDS@Home
Join World Community Grid today!
When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
  • Newest
  • Marvel Comics's Cable Issue # 12
  • Coldfact Comic Group's Coldfact Comics Issue # 20
  • Marvel Comics's Rogue Issue # 12
  • IDW Publishing's Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Saturday Morning Adventures - Continued  Issue # 10idw convention