feature requests

DC covers this week (Comic Book Forums)

• DC covers this week

Author Discussion
  • Posted: September 12, 2013 4:02:17 am
  • The LCS I go to still has loads of Joker, Cyborg and Darkseid 3-D covers left. I agree that this is undoubtedly due to higher print runs. And the books don't seem to be holding their inflated value on eBay in the short term. I'm going to try to flip the few duplicates I have.

There were barely any Lobo ones on the shelves this week.

Does anyone think any of the books will have any longer term value?
  • Posted: September 12, 2013 9:04:52 am
  • Judging by sales that i have seen its obvious Ventriloquist will stay hot because of the low print same for Mr Freeze.

Harley Quinn i think may take off once her own book takes off in early November. These books should all hold there value as its hold a little piece of there origins inside.

Lobo is another and i think Clay Face and Jokers Daughter may be ones to pick up in the future.
  • Posted: September 13, 2013 7:04:29 am
  • Harley has officially taken off. Going on Ebay for like 3x cover price the same day it came out.
  • Posted: September 13, 2013 10:52:02 am
  • And the story and art was terrible.

Last edited September 13, 2013 10:52:30 am
    "Disliking everything is not the same thing as having an opinion"

• Posted: September 13, 2013 11:11:22 am
  • Glad I got a couple of those to get rid of (well, besides the one I am keeping for my set). Thanks for the heads up y'all.
  • Posted: September 13, 2013 12:30:09 pm
  • Very Happy

HQ won't be the last to jump to that price.
  • Posted: September 13, 2013 2:43:09 pm
  • Jimidee said:
    Very Happy

HQ won't be the last to jump to that price.

I agree. There is a Lobo with 3 days left already at 22.50.
  • Posted: September 13, 2013 7:08:47 pm
  • Yeah, I was just coming in here to say that the Harley issue has taken off like a rocket. I think more people would have been ready for that to happen, but the Catwoman 23/Joker's Daughter stuff got all the headlines.

I think the Harley issue will very possibly maintain quite a bit of its current value. It might go up higher in the near future, but then fall back down some. Pretty much every other notable Harley-related issue has maintained value as far as I know, so I don't see why something like this wouldn't. The story is probably not that great, though, so personally I'll be looking to sell mine* in the near future.

*That is, if my LCS actually saved me a copy. I'll find out tomorrow morning. Brick wall

Last edited September 13, 2013 7:14:32 pm
46 posts • Page 1 of 5
World Community Grid Logo
ComicBookRealm.com: 72 years, 243 days, 20 hours of Run Time
Help projects like: Smash Childhood Cancer, OpenZika, Help Stop TB, FightAIDS@Home - Phase 2, Outsmart Ebola Together, Mapping Cancer Markers, FightAIDS@Home
Join World Community Grid today!
When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
  • Newest
  • Viz Media's Akane-Banashi Soft Cover # 5
  • DC Comics's De Blob: Long Live Color! Issue # 1
  • Schanes & Schanes's Elfquest Issue set b
  • Kodansha Comics's King in Limbo: Omnibus Soft Cover # 2