feature requests

DC covers this week (Comic Book Forums)

• DC covers this week

Author Discussion
  • Posted: September 9, 2013 9:45:18 pm
  • I hate to put up another topic about this; especially, when the one underneath it is also about these covers. I just wanted to bring some attention to this week specifically.
    Question is, are there going to be any short term successes for any of them this week? Obviously the Ventrilloquist title was the $20 book from last week, but are there any this week? The riddler will be one of the most popular but it was also, most likely, the most printed of this coming wave.
    Any ideas?
    I realize that alot of people think these are and gimmicks. I got that. I wouldn't mind flipping a few of them to pay for the ones I decide to keep though.
  • Posted: September 9, 2013 10:18:07 pm
  • Flipping wasn't as easy as I thought. I picked up all the ones I wanted, then grabbed 5 duplicates. I've managed to sell one for 12.99, one for 9.99. So I basically have three duplicates left that I didn't pay for, but those have gone three rounds with no sale. I'm not trying to flip any more of these, just grab the ones I want.

• Posted: September 10, 2013 12:24:36 am
  • Yeah. I can't believe how much people were paying for these only to have it totally drop off once they actually came out.
  • Posted: September 10, 2013 7:16:46 am
  • If I had to guess maybe the Lobo cover this week could be the "HOT" one.
  • Posted: September 10, 2013 7:39:41 am
  • I can see the Harley Quinn cover taking off
  • Posted: September 10, 2013 10:43:49 am
  • Lobo took off on my local shop's "pull aheads". Looks like a good one to grab.
  • Posted: September 10, 2013 8:20:52 pm
  • Yeah, I will probably grab a couple of the lobo and harley quinn's.
  • Posted: September 10, 2013 9:10:00 pm
  • If you looking to buy these to flip I wouldn't buy any except Harley Quinn and Mr. Freeze. Mr. Freeze will be the lowest printed among the bat books because its a Dark Knight book, that is why people are paying higher prices for the Ventriloquist, it has nothing to do with the popularity of the character, and everything to do with the fact that there are significantly fewer copies than the other bat books. The only reason I would grab Quinn is because of the popularity of the character, which I think will cause that book to command a higher price, even after release, despite being from the heavily printed Detective Comics line.

You could always take it easy this week and see how the market reacts to the first two weeks of sales and then go heavy on weeks 3 and 4.
  • Posted: September 11, 2013 7:47:58 am
  • I am certainly laying off of them as a whole this week. I hadn't really thought much about the freeze but I may try a couple of those.
  • Posted: September 11, 2013 4:57:28 pm
  • Just like last week, I'm just getting the ones I normally collect, and not picking up any extras.
46 posts • Page 1 of 5
World Community Grid Logo
ComicBookRealm.com: 64 years, 124 days, 10 hours of Run Time
Help projects like: Smash Childhood Cancer, OpenZika, Help Stop TB, FightAIDS@Home - Phase 2, Outsmart Ebola Together, Mapping Cancer Markers, FightAIDS@Home
Join World Community Grid today!
  • Newest
  • Marvel Comics's Hawkeye: Kate Bishop Issue # 1e
  • Another Rainbow's Little Lulu Library Hard Cover # 17
  • CLG Comics's Paper Tales Issue # 2
  • Image Comics's Royal City Issue # 1blind box-c