feature requests

DC 3D Covers (Comic Book Forums)

• DC 3D Covers

Author Discussion
  • Posted: September 4, 2013 11:54:48 am
  • So I stopped by my LCS to pick up a set (I don't normally go to my LCS and instead use DCBS). He had not a one and I was the second customer. He said that all of the 3D covers that he received went into people's pull boxes. I am not sure how he could have just enough to fill orders when everyone was allocated. I am guessing he is holding some back to see what the hype is and will sell them online.
    Favorite Quote: "You're not just some guy in a bat costume are you? ARE YOU FREAKING KIDDING ME?! - Justice League #1, 2011"

Hunting for (mainly reprints/variants) - Please help! - See My Profile
  • Posted: September 4, 2013 12:07:24 pm
  • Did he say how much of his order he even received? I don't know if you've been following it but DC ran out of paper stock I believe and they couldn't fill all the orders. To compound that problem, it seems retailers got screwed with how many of their order was fulfilled. Some stores got a lot, others got hardly any.

Luckily I emailed my LCS and they held 1 of each that I wanted. When I go pick them up I'll see if they'll let me buy more (if there are any left). I can pick some up for you if you want. I won't know until 7-8pm and they could very well be out by then though.
  • Posted: September 4, 2013 12:07:39 pm
  • Either that or he is a comic shop who has cash flow issues and only places orders for those he knows are actual sales. Smaller comic shops typically do not like to have back issues. That is money spent by them that they can only HOPE to recover at some point....and we can see that many end up in a .50 pile.
    I'm not saying....I'm just saying...
  • Posted: September 4, 2013 12:24:54 pm
  • Well...he stated that he get 90 Batman and they all went to pull subscribers.

I will be getting the covers I collect from DCBS so I am not worried...just thought I would "cash in". I just found it strange that he had absolutely no extras. It seems too convenient that he was perfect to a T without any shortages or overages with how everyone was allocated.
    Favorite Quote: "You're not just some guy in a bat costume are you? ARE YOU FREAKING KIDDING ME?! - Justice League #1, 2011"

Hunting for (mainly reprints/variants) - Please help! - See My Profile
  • Posted: September 4, 2013 12:27:32 pm
  • I don't know what is surprising about your shop only getting enough to fill subs when these books were shorted everywhere...
  • Posted: September 4, 2013 1:01:47 pm
  • dough boy said:
    Well...he stated that he get 90 Batman and they all went to pull subscribers.

I will be getting the covers I collect from DCBS so I am not worried...just thought I would "cash in". I just found it strange that he had absolutely no extras. It seems too convenient that he was perfect to a T without any shortages or overages with how everyone was allocated.

Ok, I see what you're saying. Yeah, it's one of those gray areas .... it's not ethical but hey, it must suck to sell these books for $4 when you know you could get $10 a piece or so.
  • Posted: September 4, 2013 1:37:17 pm
  • My shop is still waiting on their shipment for some reason due to Labor Day. They said that DC came back and said we know you ordered this many but we are only sending you this many. They said for certain titles not even box holders would get the 3d covers. I got Batman 23.1 3D (Joker) from Midtown yesterday. Let me rephrase that, I ordered one from midtown, if they fufill it is a differnent story. I see today they are out of stock on all of them. I am only chasing the Batman and Detective Comics ones if anyone comes across an extra.
  • Posted: September 4, 2013 4:21:36 pm
  • My LCS had a few of all the DC 3D covers left for shelf copies after filling all their pull subscribers. Only picked up the ones that I wanted - Batman 23.1, Batman The Dark Knight 23.1, Detective Comics 23.1, Justice League 23
    .1, and Justice League Of America 7.1. They actually had a sign out that said "Only 1 copy per customer - No speculating". So, I couldn't grab any extra copies.
  • Posted: September 4, 2013 8:29:53 pm
  • I think I'm going to have to stay away from these. It's way too easy for me to get carried away with these......

I mean, if it was a 10 villian issues I'd buy them all, but 53?? Where does it stop?
  • Posted: September 4, 2013 9:12:42 pm
  • My LCS had a bunch left of almost all of them, no limit either. So I grabbed a few to throw on Ebay, so basically I'll get all my 3D for free and maybe a little profit depending.
26 posts • Page 1 of 3
World Community Grid Logo
ComicBookRealm.com: 64 years, 124 days, 10 hours of Run Time
Help projects like: Smash Childhood Cancer, OpenZika, Help Stop TB, FightAIDS@Home - Phase 2, Outsmart Ebola Together, Mapping Cancer Markers, FightAIDS@Home
Join World Community Grid today!
  • Newest
  • Day One Comics's Avant Guard: Heroes at the Future's Edge Issue # 3
  • Avery Hill Publishing's Jinx Freeze TPB # 1
  • Amulet Books's Nathan Hale's Hazardous Tales Hard Cover # 1b
  • Impact Comics's Red Iceberg Issue # 1b