feature requests

Independent Comics (Comic Book Forums)

• Independent Comics

Author Discussion
  • Posted: August 6, 2013 7:19:20 pm
  • What independent company puts out the best comics? What independent comics are you guys reading?
    Check out my website!

www.bamcomicsandsuch.com
  • Posted: August 6, 2013 8:56:07 pm
  • I'm a Marvel guy for the most part. I'm reading Uber on Avatar Press... IMO it's one of the best books going... It's a unique take on WWII with super soldiers and super powers... It's a really good read. Regular Show & Adventure Time on Kaboom! have been pretty entertaining. Great books for a laugh. Smile

Last edited August 7, 2013 2:50:19 am

• Posted: August 6, 2013 9:06:49 pm
  • Wow, thats a difficult question to answer -- here are some of my top picks:

Saga - put out by image. By far the best thing being put out as far as Im concerned. They take a couple month break between every arc, and every month without saga is a tragedy...

Valiant- everything theyre putting out is pretty good

IDW -- doing amazing things with their Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles license. Seriously, this book is amazing. Judge Dredd is also good.

Archie - I actually love the sonic the hedgehog series (currently crossing over with Mega Man, also decent). You would think its childish, buti ts actually not that bad. Plus, they plan out all their stories for the long game. Each arc is only 4 issues, which could mean that they rush things, but instead they dont bother to try and wrap up each story completely, but rather end the arc seeding future stories and developments.

Zenescope - - a bit different, but good if your looking for a high fantasy setting. While most of their stuff is entertaining, I wouldnt say any of it is drop dead awesome at this point EXCEPT Wonderland (the ongoing). I look forward to this every month.

So far Im also enjoying aphrodite IX, although thats just starting so its a bit early to tell how good it will be. I think the art is great though.
  • Posted: August 6, 2013 9:13:57 pm
  • I do agree with valiant. I used to read harbinger and archer & Armstrong. How's that new one they put out? Issue one just came out I can't remember the name off hand
    Check out my website!

www.bamcomicsandsuch.com
  • Posted: August 7, 2013 12:16:59 am
  • @Tex - I wouldn't mind reading the aphrodite IX book. I might check that out later. I've kind of liked the cyberforce story so far.
  • Posted: August 7, 2013 8:06:36 pm
  • @ Herman - I dont usually notice art, I usually only notice it if i dont like it. For me, story always comes first. But I think the art in Aphrodite IX is just amazing.

@Batman - I think your talking about Quantum and Quark. Its ok so far, but after one issue how much can you really tell. I have to admit, none of the valiant books really impressed me with their first issues, but all of them I have fallen in love with as I get deeper in. I would say Archer and Armstrong is definitely my favorite at the moment.
  • Posted: August 9, 2013 1:30:50 pm
  • I'm not sure about the best but these are the titles that I read.

Boom! Studios - Suicide Risk, Deathmatch

IDW - G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero

Image - Lazarus

Red 5 - Atomic Robo; Savage Sword of Dr. Dinosaur
    "You will soon see the distinct advantages of having no scruples whatsoever!" - Cobra Commander
  • Posted: August 9, 2013 5:50:23 pm
  • Every month when I preorder Labria I have to stop myself from jumping into GI Joe, ... given how impressed I am with how well IDW has done with TMNT, I always consider it. But im tryin not to because I just really cant add another three or so books to my pull list each month. Plus I would need to collect all the back issues and such, and im not done with Sonic the Hedgehog yet....

Anyway, is it good?
  • Posted: August 9, 2013 7:55:12 pm
  • It's ok. I mostly just get it because of the nostalgia factor. It was my favorite show and toy line. Earlier this year I finally finished the Marvel run from #1-155 so I figured I'd jump on board for this to keep an entire run going. The cool thing is this last issue #192 just ended with someone finding Dr. Venom's journal in the wreckage of Springfield. I'm very excited for the next story arc. For those that don't know Dr. Venom died back in G.I. Joe #19 and I haven't heard anything about him since.
    "You will soon see the distinct advantages of having no scruples whatsoever!" - Cobra Commander
  • Posted: August 9, 2013 8:17:15 pm
  • CrossGen has some really cool titles! Check them out.
    I'm not saying....I'm just saying...
11 posts • Page 1 of 2
World Community Grid Logo
ComicBookRealm.com: 72 years, 255 days, 20 hours of Run Time
Help projects like: Smash Childhood Cancer, OpenZika, Help Stop TB, FightAIDS@Home - Phase 2, Outsmart Ebola Together, Mapping Cancer Markers, FightAIDS@Home
Join World Community Grid today!
When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
  • Newest
  • Yen Press's I Kept Pressing the 100-Million-Year Button and Came Out on Top Soft Cover # 5
  • Marvel Comics's Star Wars: Mace Windu Issue # 3b
  • Ablaze Media's The Prism Issue # 7f
  • Marvel Comics's Wolverine: First Class Issue # 5b