feature requests

Will the Wolverine movie make back issues hot? (Comic Book Forums)

• Will the Wolverine movie make back issues hot?

Author Discussion
  • Posted: August 6, 2013 5:39:02 pm
  • I think superhero movies always make that comic series hot whether if it's new or back issues. Especially if it's a good movie.
    Check out my website!

www.bamcomicsandsuch.com
  • Posted: August 6, 2013 7:39:09 pm
  • I don't think the movie did as well in the U.S. because it wasn't filled with superheroes and supervillains. The movie was more about doing the story right. It kinda reminds me of when Batman Begins came out. The movie didn't do as well for the similar reasons.
  • Posted: August 16, 2013 8:31:35 pm
  • If my memory serves me right, wasn't the movies story based on X-Men #172, and #173. right after the rogue story in X-men #171. And also correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't the samurai in New Mutants #5 (July 1983)?

Thx
  • Posted: August 20, 2013 5:22:37 pm
  • This might be of importance to some, but Captain America #157 is the first appearance of Viper. This was one of the important villains in the new wolverine movie (Wolverine Ltd. series). She helped build the SamuriDrool

Last edited August 20, 2013 5:25:27 pm
  • Posted: August 20, 2013 5:27:17 pm
  • The Tuche said:
    Will the Wolverine movie make back issues hot? I heard the Silver Samurai will be in it so I would think his 1st appearance will go up? Does anyone else have some projections influenced by the upcoming movie?

I believe that the first appearance of the Silver Samuri is in Daredevil #111 (1974)
  • Posted: August 21, 2013 10:17:18 pm
  • I saw the Wolverine movie and it was amazing, It comes from the limited series of Wolverine (1982). Very Good story in my opinion. A very good cast, with two gorgeous Japanese women. Viper (one of the (villains) was a good villainous Mutant character in this movie; evil, diabolical, and smart.. Twisted Evil
    lol
  • Posted: August 22, 2013 5:53:35 pm
  • I always liked the Logan and Mariko connection in the comic books. Too bad someone killed her off. I wonder if someone will bring her back to life in the comics
  • Posted: September 23, 2013 5:21:22 pm
  • I picked up a copy of Daredevil 111 thinking it would be going up in value, but it really hasn't done much of anything. It was funny though, I saw the issue in a LCS, and it looked great, 4 bucks. I asked the owner if it was the first Silver Samurai and shouldn't it be more. He said it wasn't, that it was an early FF issue. At that point I realized I should just nod and take the Samurai, who is obviously not a Surfer but who is also silver.
  • Posted: November 29, 2013 6:21:24 pm
  • Canadianvariant said:
    This might be of importance to some, but Captain America #157 is the first appearance of Viper. This was one of the important villains in the new wolverine movie (Wolverine Ltd. series). She helped build the SamuriDrool

The first appearance of Viper was in Captain America #110.
  • Posted: November 29, 2013 9:20:09 pm
  • First appearance of Viper is Cap America 110. She is know as Madame Hydra. Before she becomes Viper.
24 posts • Page 1 of 3
World Community Grid Logo
ComicBookRealm.com: 72 years, 252 days, 5 hours of Run Time
Help projects like: Smash Childhood Cancer, OpenZika, Help Stop TB, FightAIDS@Home - Phase 2, Outsmart Ebola Together, Mapping Cancer Markers, FightAIDS@Home
Join World Community Grid today!
When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
  • Newest
  • Dark Horse Comics's Quick Stops 2 Issue # 4b
  • DC Comics's Titans Issue # 10b
  • Totally Rad Comics's Totally Rad Life of Jenny Cupcake Issue # 1
  • Marvel Comics's What If? Venom Issue # 3btc/ce